Chapter 14

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Myungsoo waited nervously outside Sungjong’s private room. He nibbled one of his fingernails and jiggled his legs so restlessly that he shook Hoya’s chair as well as his, but the Busan guy hardly minded. Sungyeol been walking in circle for God knows how long, sighed heavily every now and then.

When Sungjong passed out earlier, Myungsoo had been panicked beyond words- shaking Sungjong’s lifeless body, calling out his name, calling out for help, crying shamelessly- somehow, somewhat he felt a pang of guilty in his heart not knowing why. Luckily, both Hoya and Sungyeol were still nearby to help poor Myungsoo to snap out of it and take a grip of himself.

Paramedics arrived soon after and all of them ride along. They sat in the back where Sungjong was lying with a breathing mask. Hoya and Sungyeol tried to explain, but the man was just confused. To be honest, Myungsoo should be the one explaining things since both Hoya and Sungyeol were not there. Even they were close, but Myungsoo was in the same room when Sungjong collapsed. The visual seemed could not get his voice out, and the ride to the hospital was accompanied by Myungsoo’s soft crying sound.

Myungsoo felt his phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out.

 

From: LeaderGyu

We’re on our way. Hang in there.

 

“I guess, before it’s too late to explain, I’ll be honest with you guys. Sungjong isn’t trying to keep this forever, he really, really, really need to talk to all of us and explain this but he doesn’t know how without evidence.” Hoya started, clearing his throat a bit as he finished saying those words that took Sungyeol’s and Myungsoo’s attention.

“Yes, our Sungjong is sick, but not sick sick. He…” Hoya was a bit hesitant. He really hated the fact that he was the one to break the news to others. He wished he was doing the right thing considering the current situation. No more secrets, no more hidings.

“Sungjong’s what?” Myungsoo asked impatiently. God, he needed to know what happened to his loved one, he needed to know now.

“As weird as this may sound, I hope you really take me seriously because I’m so far from being joking about this, not that I straightly believed it once I’ve been told, I took a good some time to adjust with the information too because this is kind of hard to swallow, because this isn’t normal, not for us I mean, but again, what is normal for us, right? Always raining whenever we got work outside, the fans even called us rain-dol,” Hoya’s mumbles really put Myungsoo on edge.

“What? What is it?” Myungsoo lost his temper.

Hoya was inhaling slowly and shakily before exhaling in a huff. “Sungjong is pregnant.”

“You cannot be real!” said Sungyeol. Face shocked and all. Oh, wait until Hoya told he was the potential baby daddy. Meanwhile Myungsoo had lost his voice, also his ability to think at the moment.

Hoya grimaced, and he felt a reluctant grin began to touch his face. “I’m sorry I’m the one who break the news to you guys and not Sungjong. I’m sorry I’ve been keeping this from you two, but I’m just respecting Sungjong’s request-”

“Who else don’t know about this?” Sungyeol quickly cut Hoya.

“It’d be Woohyun hyung. If Gyu hyung haven’t told him yet,” Hoya said softly, secretly eyeing Myungsoo on his side, trying to catch any of his reaction because Myungsoo had been surprisingly quiet.

“Dongwoo hyung knew this too?” Sungyeol really felt so left out right now. And betrayed? And confused and horribly uncertain. The feelings weren’t pretty that was for sure.

The second maknae opened and closed his mouth a few times but there was nothing came out.

“Ho--how?” Sungyeol asked after he managed to take a seat and calm down. He was still a bit surprised.

Hoya tried so hard to find the nicest, simplest words to deliver, so that both of Sungyeol and Myungsoo can understand more and maybe cut Sungjong some slack to explain himself once he finally gained consciousness later.

“Before Sungjong was born, he had a twin. Instead of surviving, his body kind of…absorbed hers. He has girl parts and guy parts.” Special, Hoya wanted to add at the end but couldn’t bring himself to say it. He felt the word special for this situation might as well bring the same meaning as freak, so he let it sunk.

“When did this even happen?” Myungsoo looked at Hoya, finally able to find back his voice.

Hoya sighed. “According to Sungjong himself, it uh.. it happened at our after party few months ago.”

“It takes two to tango, so who’s the baby daddy?”

There. The question that Myungsoo so afraid to ask, afraid of the answer, had been asked by Sungyeol because Sungyeol felt he needed to ask when Myungsoo seemed gotten back to being quiet after one question.

What was Myungsoo scared of? Was it the fact that he was the father, or he wasn’t the father? Which one?

Upon that question, Hoya got the feeling that Sungyeol might not be the father. Dongwoo might be right on this. The baby wasn’t happened there and then.

“Sungjong said he doesn’t remember a thing. You remember anything from the night, Yeollie?” Hoya tested again. They were so close to solve the mystery, yet now it felt so far. “Gyu hyung said he saw you kissing with Sungjong. Quite a little too into it, said him. Do you remember doing anything beyond? Because we’ve narrowed it down to you.”

That sent off every alarm in Myungsoo’s head. Lee Sungjong and his best friend? What kind of sick joke was that?

“You can’t be! You’re not even in love with him! How can you be the father?!”

Maybe Myungsoo got blinded with jealousy that led to anger, but it was so unfair of him to pin the pale Sungyeol on the wall with such hatred flashed through his eyes, and looked so ready to give his best buddy a few good punches on his beautiful face. To be honest, the taller guy was as surprised as him. He can’t even grasped the fact that Sungjong was pregnant completely yet, Hoya just decided to drop another bomb saying he might be the father. Beg pardon?

“Woah, woah Myungsoo, calm down you.” Hoya quickly came to Sungyeol’s aid, trying to get Myungsoo get off of Sungyeol. “I need to remind you we are currently in a hospital. This is a public place. And in there, Sungjong’s fate is still unknown. Don’t lose your just yet, Myungsoo. Don’t do this, you don’t want to do this.”

Myungsoo finally let Sungyeol go after it felt like forever he choked the poor tall guy to half death. Sungyeol was coughing, greedily all the oxygen his lungs could take in, while Myungsoo walked a few steps away from them with his head bowed and jaw clenched, he was angry, he was confused and most of all he was hurt. He didn’t ask for any of this.

“Guys!” Sunggyu called down the hall, finally arrived together with the remaining Infinite members; Dongwoo and Woohyun.

“Sweet Lord, what happened here?” Woohyun pointed out. Hoya had lost his words, still rubbing circle on the back of the tallest member, while Sungyeol was still gasping for air, and the furious Myungsoo leaning at the very end of the room, looking so troubled. “Is Sungjong okay, guys?” Woohyun asked again.

“We, um, we are still waiting about it,” answered Hoya.

“Hey, Yeollie. Are you okay, buddy? Seriously, what happened?” Dongwoo asked curiously, taking his place next to him.

“Are you guys really sure?” Myungsoo suddenly said from across the room, with his arms crossed over his chest.

“What is it, Myungsoo-yah?” Sunggyu carefully walked to Myungsoo’s standing place. “Sure about what, Myungsoo?” Sunggyu thought maybe he knew what was Myungsoo was trying to say. “Do you know something that we might want to know?” Sunggyu pressed.

Myungsoo’s eyes got shifty and he sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter