VII

The Gifted

Why Won't You Listen?


“Soulmate bond?”, Tao stared at the Watcher in disbelief. “What do you mean? Wasn’t it said that the soulmate bond can’t be broken?”

Luhan shook his head furiously, “I—I don’t know, Tao.”, he turned to Kris while still clutching his head. “Can you get me my sketch book please, Yifan?”

The tall man quickly grabbed the sketch book and pencil on top of the Watcher’s old dufflebag. Luhan took the objects from Kris’ hands, closing his eyes as he dug through the parallels in his visions. His hands quickly sketched Kyungsoo’s and Kai’s symbol and the ribbon that connected them was untied, the picture of a Sapphire gem at the top.

“This is what I saw, what else could it mean?”

“But I don’t think it’s broken, Ge.”, Lay spoke up. “The ribbon is untied, not broken or ripped or cut. So, it can always be tied back.”

“So we better hurry and help those ribbons to be tied back together, before it’s too late.”, Kris.

“Can’t you see what happened though, Ge?”, Tao.

“That’s not my job, that’s yours, Tao.”, Luhan said between his heavy breaths.

The Controller let out a long sigh, “I need one of them here so I can see what happened.”

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

They heard the door of the lounge room being opened, and Chen, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun entered the room.

“What happened guys? Did Luhan see something?”, Xiumin asked, putting his working bag down.

Tao lifted the sketch book that had the drawing of Luhan’s vision. “This happened.”

Chen furrowed his brows, “Kai and D.O? Broke up? Because of Sapphire?”

“I’m still not sure, Jongdae.”, Luhan said, inhaling deeply. “I think it’s something similar with that speculation.”

The room fell into silent for a brief moment. Suddenly Baekhyun screamed in pain, falling to his back.

“Baekhyun! Baek!”

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol’s calling to him getting further and further away, disappearing to the back of his mind.

The red woman appeared again, dressed in white with red polkadot all over it, her flaming red hair was now black as night. Her deceiving child-like face caught Baekhyun off guard for a second, a kind smile plastered on her face. Small and skinny, the type of girl a person like Chanyeol would fall for anytime.

“Miss me, Luminate?”

“Stop messing with my head, Ruby!”

“I’m pretty sure you’re used to this right now. Are you still in pain? That’s really weird, because you know, this is your strongest power.”

“That would be my business to concern! What do you want now?!”

“I’m just here to tell you that we are going you tear you and your pathetic apart. My sister Sapphire already did her work splendidly. Just wait for the rest, just wait and see how we’re going to bring you down.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes, thinking of the possibility of him and Chanyeol being apart.

Ruby chuckled menacingly, “Look at our noble being scared of being separated. You’re so predictable and easy, Luminate.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Maybe you should try to do something with that power of yours, you could be able to find the answer there.”

She smirked once and Baekhyun started to feel the numbness of his body slowly fading, the smokey red surrounding slowly disappearing and Baekhyun could feel warm heat enveloping his senses, he sighed and leaned in into the feeling finding Chanyeol’s worried face staring down at him.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

“Baekhyun? Are you okay? Baby talk to me!”

The Luminate opened his eyes slightly, smiling a little as his eyes met Chanyeol’s. “I’m okay, Chanyeol. I’m right here.”

Chanyeol let out a long sigh in relief, whispering you’re alright before hugging the small boy tightly.

“Yeol, you can let go now, you know.”, Baekhyun let out timidly.

“Oh I’m sorry, Baek.”

He then hesitantly let go of Baekhyun’s skinny built, the Luminate nodded once in assurance.

“It was the Queens’ doing. Ruby said they’re going to bring us down.”

“What did we do to deserve such things?”, Lay.

“We posses something of theirs, what is this?”, Xiumin.

Baekhyun stood up, “I’ll figure that out, maybe I can find something in other dimensions.”

“I’ll try to do my best to figure out too.”, Luhan added.

Baekhyun smiled and offered his hand to the older mind, “We’ll work together.” And Luhan took his hand and smiled a reassuring smile at the younger mind.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Kyungsoo was still sitting at the edge of the bed that he and Kai shared, staring at empty air. His mouth opened and closed repeatedly looking for a word to say. He had stopped crying minutes ago, his tears were all dried away; his palms wet and anxious, continuously clutching and unclutching at the white bed sheets.

The Beast still had the image of the man he loves with all of him, pressed up against a pretty-faced stranger at the outside of a cheap club, smelling of alcohol and wasted. The room door was opened so he could still see the decorated dining table with the candles and Poppies’ petals.

His minds reeled wildly through the memories and how their blossoming relationship could be crushed in just a day. He just couldn’t seem to wrap his head around it.

The creaking sound of the door dropped him from the heaven of memories he drowned himself in, revealing a messy Kai, his eyes were red and puffy, his face was pale and sad, he looked as broken and Kyungsoo and in a brief moment Kyungsoo wanted to believe that what he saw few hours ago wasn’t the reality, maybe was just a nightmare and he’s going to wake up and Kai is going to be there snuggling him back to sleep.

“Kyungsoo”, Kai said, shutting the door of their apartment behind him. He walked slowly and heavily towards his lover. His steps dragged like metal against the wooden floor, the dim light from the wall lamp of their living illuminated his face and danced through his feature and Kyungsoo still remembered exactly why and how he fell in love with the younger but taller male.

Kyungsoo tried to avert his gaze from his beautiful sun-kissed skinned lover. He was angry at him! He was going to yell at him and pack and leave the apartment!

“Kyungsoo, please. Look at me.”

The Mover was now right beside him, he’s already used to the movements and dynamics.

“Kyungsoo, I didn’t know what got into me. I felt like I wasn’t myself.”

Kyungsoo didn’t actually want to answer, but he still loved him, he was still willing to submit to his pain and let himself fall to Kai’s embrace. But no, kyungsoo you can’t do that.

So he kept his lips pressed and his fist balled, he was not going to lose this non-existent battle.

“Kyungsoo, I am sorry. Please listen to me. I—don’t even remember I had you when she touched, it felt like I lost my mind, when she touched me it felt like she was controlling me and it was literally.”

Kyungsoo turned his head, his eyes burning with rage, “Why are you telling me this, Jongin? You don’t even remember that you have me? What does that suppose to mean? She has that amazing effect on you that in one night she can make you forget our years? How far are you going to ruin me, Jongin?”

“Kyungsoo, please. I’m telling the truth and I don’t think you understand what I really mean—“

“The truth…has ruined me, Jongin. Your truth hurts me, Jongin. I had thoughts to leave, Jongin, but here I am back in our apartment, the house we bought together, with the money from your dancing, with the money from my cooking. I still have faith to what we had and I wasn’t going to throw them away just because of something you did because you were drunk. And you’re telling me this, that our two years completely disappeared from your memory when you were with her? What kind of sick game are you trying to play?”

“Kyungsoo, I love you, I love you so much. We’ve been officially together for two years, and we’ve met before that when I tried so hard to get you to be mine. Please understand, Soo, I really don’t understand how she did it. She was—“

Kyungsoo felt his breath stop midway through his lungs, “Enough, Jongin. Stop. I—I can’t stay here tonight. I’m sorry. Don’t look for me and don’t come to even if you know where I’m staying tonight.”

Kai teleported following Kyungsoo as the latter take hesitant steps leaving their apartment, begging numerous Soo, please listen to my explanation; Soo, please understand; Soo, please don’t go.

And that night was the first time in Kyungsoo’s life that he punched Kai.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Kyungsoo entered the dorm, finding Baekhyun and Luhan trying to enhance their powers with meditating, and the rest were just doing nothing and laying around.

When he saw Kyungsoo, Tao quickly stood up, trying to touch him so he could know what happened maybe to help Baekhyun and Luhan figure things out.

“Hey, Kyungsoo! You’re here to—“

“Please don’t touch me, Tao.”

“I’m sorry?”, Tao was taken aback with the sudden coldness, though everyone knew that Kyungsoo could be really cold at times.

“Just don’t touch me”

“Why?”

“I don’t want you to know what happened to me. I don’t want anyone to know, just please let it be my own problem, I need a private life too, Tao. And I can’t have it when you’re touching me. So don’t touch me, at least not until I get it solved or done.”

Tao gulped, Sehun shot him an it’s alright gesture, and he quickly replied, “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. I didn’t mean to spy on your private life.”

“I understand, Tao. I know that you don’t. But for now, please just don’t touch me.”

After that Kyungsoo quickly walked to his dorm room, the one he shared with Kai of course. He knew sleeping here wouldn’t help him to recover in any form, but at least he was away from Kai, away from the person that crushed his heart to pieces that night.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

“I’m sorry, guys. I couldn’t see what happened.”, Tao apologized, he slammed his body down to the bean bag beside Suho.

“It’s alright, Tao. We should respect what Kyungsoo wants for now, let him have a moment first, maybe it was too much for him too handle. Those Queens can play with emotions like a ing Blackjack card game”, Chen said.

“Guys, please just be careful okay. Remember what Ruby told Baekhyun, they were going to tear us apart and bring us down, take care of yourself and your soulmates, don’t be fooled easily. Let’s train together to strengthen our power.”, Suho.

“Maybe we should go out tomorrow”, Kris.

“Go out where?”, Xiumin.

“The twelve of us, dinner, after we finished our classes and works, to bond. Then the next night, go on a date with your soulmates, if you haven’t talked deeply to each other in a while, do it.”, Kris.

“I think that’s a very good idea, Yifan. Let’s do it, guys?”, Suho.

The others nodded in reply, agreeing to Kris’ idea, they need to connect with Baekhyun too, to strengthen their bond with the new brother, so he wouldn’t be easily fooled by the dark force.

“Sometimes I forget why you’re the co-leader, Yifan”, Suho joked and the rest laughed.

They continued their nights filled with laughter and conversations, some while doing their work and tasks, some while pigging a bag of fries, and Baekhyun and Luhan resting from the intense mind travelling.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Chanyeol closed their room door, Baekhyun was already inside, making Chanyeol’s bed for the night and his own after.

“Hey, Honey B. No matter what happens, I will always love you, you should remember that okay.”

Baekhyun laughed a little, “Yes, Chanyeol, thank you. I love you too.”

“I just want you to remember that if things get messed up and they get rough, please remember that.”

“Yes, Chanyeol. I’ll remember that”, Baekhyun kissed the tip of Chanyeol’s nose and giggled playfully.

Chanyeol chuckled childishly in return, “You’re so cute.”

Baekhyun walked to his own bed, motioning Chanyeol that they were not sharing a bed for that night.

“We’re going to have a big day tomorrow, giant Flame, you know getting me into the university and stuff. Get a good rest tonight.”

Chanyeol laid down on his bed the same time as Baekhyun dropped his head on the comfortable pillow.

“Hey, Honey B, where should we go for our date?”

The Luminate laughed, aiming his shining palm at Chanyeol’s face playfully.

“I don’t know, Channie Boo. Surprise me.”

Chanyeol then smiled and fell asleep with the image of Baekhyun at the back of his eyelids.


I've been really thankful for all the support and positive responses from my beloved readers, you guys are all lovely. I'm glad I can 'entertain' you guys with this workpiece of mine.

So maybe this chapter is quite boring? It's basically what happened after the KaiZy incident and how the other Gifted react to it. I hope you like it? I haven't wrote anything for the past weeks because too busy with getting into university and now that I'm already in the faculty that I aimed for now I am happy so that I wrote this for you guys. I am sorry if it's not a good 'excitement expression' of mine kk.

Remember that good readers leave sign~ And as usual I apologise for any grammatical mistake and typos, maybe, I've proofread this one though, because I actually have time.

And don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote for the development of this story for the better. I appreciate them all :)

21bangsfangirl~