IV

The Gifted

Soulmates?


Baekhyun felt the weird change of air as they travelled through space to go back to the HQ. He never felt so useless in his life before, seeing his brothers struggling when the blue girl—what was her name again? Spa air or something?­—casted her electricity magic on them. Why was he there anyway if he couldn’t do a single thing to help? Considering what Tao said that the yellow woman had the power of Chronolock? But what the does chronolock even mean?

He gasped as he felt the air back to normal, they were now standing in the middle of their Training Hall. Kris let go of his grip and paced back and forth, clutching his head and groaning.

“I can’t believe it, there are people out there like us—“, Kris.

“Well, they’re not technically people though—“, Kai.

Kris groaned at Kai, “Yes, Jongin I know that, they’re aliens or whatever they called themselves to be.”

“Come to think of it…”

Kai walked to the huge computer thing that Baekhyun still didn’t know why was it so big, does size of the object affects the storage of it?

The young Mover fumbled with the computer, connecting the little object he planted in his glove to a slot in the computer, images of the four Queens from the battle popping out at the big screen.

“Krystal, do a favour for me, identify them”, he commanded.

“Identifying pictures.

Subjects claim their names, and I can only do so far with their power shown, sir.”

“Don’t matter, we just need everything we need to know about them, however limited it is, for the time being”

“Yes, Sir.

Proceeding identification.

Subject One; Amethyst; mental ability Chronolock

Subject Two; Emerald; physical ability Darkness Manipulation

Subject Three; Sapphire; physical ability Electricity Manipulation, Mana Manipulation

Subject Four; Ruby; unknown

Identify completed”

Kai hummed, “Do you really not know much about them, eh?”

“No, sir. That is all I can say about them”

“Thank you, Krystal. You’ve worked hard.”

Sehun walked to Kai, “What are we going to do now, Jongin? I’m pretty sure they would do much more destruction to this planet”

“What we should do is, we should ask the director about that thing they asked for”, Kyungsoo.

“Exactly, it would be easy if we just give it to them”, Lay.

“No way, Xing. I mean, if someone is hiding it within us and even we don’t know about it, I’m pretty sure that thing shouldn’t be discovered”, Kai.

“Yeah, I know that. But we have to know what is this thing”, Kyungsoo.

“But, if we give it to them, they would leave this planet and leave us in peace”, Lay.

“Oh Lord knows what they are going to do after they have it, and I’m pretty sure it would be nothing good”, Tao.

The door opened and the director entered the room with a worried expression on his face.

“Boys, are you alright?”, he said, panting hard.

“We are alright but the world’s not safe, Leeteuk-nim”, Suho.

“I ran all the way from the office to here, because there were traffic jam and—“

“Director, what is this thing of theirs that we have?”, Chen.

“Thing? What thing, Chen?”

“They talked about that we have something of their possession, what is it?”, the Lightning asked back.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”, Kris.

“I mean I don’t know, we found you boys, we didn’t find alien artifacts.”

Disappointment washed The Twelve’s faces.

“Then we have to find it on our own”, Xiumin said but he only got questioning looks from his brothers.

“She said that we know it, right? So it’s within us, we have to find out what it is in ourselves.”, he continued.

“Xiumin is right, boys. Now as your director, I expect you to have a rest, now

“How are we supposed to rest if the safety of the world is in our hands”, Kyungsoo.

“You have to, because if you don’t, you would be worn out when they will strike again. And you know that can’t happen, you have to be prepared. Dismissed.”

The director walked back out of their training hall, Luhan sighed while watching every movements of the director.

“Luhan, did you see anything?”, Suho.

“No, the director is telling the truth, he doesn’t know a single thing about it. He was surprised that there are out there similar to us.”

“We should just go rest now, probably. Since the director is telling the truth, I see no reason to not doing what he told us to”, Lay.

The other eleven nodded and head back to their rooms.

-----

Baekhyun sat awkwardly on his bed, looking at Chanyeol who seemed so enraged, they were the only people that didn’t say a single thing during the little discussion in the training hall.

“Chany—“

“I feel you”

“What?”, Baekhyun asked in confusion.

“Something doesn’t feel right, isn’t it? That thing is not what they want, they want something else”

“I don’t think that way but I do feel that it’s not that simple, it’s not that when they got the thing and then they would leave and we could continue on with our lives”

Chanyeol smiled to Baekhyun and the shorter didn’t understand why the Flame was smiling at him.

“Why are you smiling like that?”

“That means I’m right”

“You’re right in what?”

“I’m right that you’re the one.”

Baekhyun blinked, “The one for…?”

“I have this memory in my mind, it kept on playing and playing in my head. I think it wasn’t on earth, because it looked so different and people could walk on air.”

The Luminate gasped as he remembered that what Chanyeol said was similar to the place he met Ruby in his mind.

“I don’t know why I have it in my head but I think it was my blood mother, she was telling me that it would be hard for our descendants to find their soulmate because no one could see through a Deceiver anymore”, Chanyeol continued.

“…So?”

“The only people that could see through deceives are the deceivers…and their soulmates”

Baekhyun felt his heart moved to another dimension in a faraway galaxy and return to him in milliseconds, did Chanyeol just say I’m his soulmate?

Chanyeol chuckled, “There were no one in this facility that could ever trust me because they know my power, they would always consider me fake and unreal. But then there’s you come and telling me you want to be friends with me and you asked me to kiss you on our first night, do you think that’s even logical?”

Baekhyun cleared his throat, “Yeah and what does that have anything to do with—“

“It was clear that those queens have the ability to deceive and as I watched our discussion in the training hall while ago, you looked so insecure with things and when I mentioned it you also said something doesn’t feel right, you saw through their deceives, Baekhyun.”

The shorter furrowed his eyebrows, Okay I saw through the queens’ deceive and I saw through deceives, does that mean—

Baekhyun wailed, “No, Chanyeol, I didn’t see through deceive, I don’t even know how deceives look like…”

“You saw through me. People always think my happy attitude is a deceive, and you never thought that way, Baekhyun, why?”

He played with his fingers, “Because I felt…like I’ve known you for a long time.”

Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hands and kissed him against the bed. Baekhyun gasped and his conscience was starting to leave him again and is chanyeol going to set us on fire again

“Chanyeol, no.”, Baekhyun pulled away, gripping at the taller’s shoulder and turned his head to the side.

Baekhyun saw the fire in his eyes again, shimmering as if sending a message to him. But then he regret when he saw those fire died down.

Chanyeol sat up, “I’m sorry, Baekhyun. I—“

Baekhyun smiled and hugged the taller from behind while slowly kissing the back of his neck.

“Not on the bed, Chanyeol, you’re going to burn it.”

The Flame widened his eyes and this , he dragged the small boy from the facility and shoved him in his car.

“Wh—Where are we going?”

“Somewhere I can kiss you without you worrying that I might burn the bed”

----

Baekhyun woke up in a very familiar room and he wasn’t on the bed, he slept on the floor.

Byun Baekhyun slept on the floor what is this insanity?

He looked around and he was pretty sure he’s never been in this room before but then he saw a huge phoenix symbol made by a spray paint on the wall and he sighed in relief.

My conscience must have left me last night, gosh. Nice work, conscience-friend.

“Good morning, shining star!”

Baekhyun groaned and watched Chanyeol holding a tray with a…burned pancake on it, oh and did Baekhyun mention that Chanyeol’s room has no door?

 “Chanyeol, did you cook that?”

The taller pouted, “I can’t cook something without burning it, sometimes I feel like such a failure in life.”

Baekhyun laughed, “You’re so adorable, it’s alright, next time I’ll make it for you”. He motioned Chanyeol to sit beside him and eat the burned pancake together, maybe that would make it taste better, who knows.

“So what did we do last night? And how did we end up in your room?”

“Is this going to be a habit?”, Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun tilted his head.

“You always lose your conscience, honey. We should work on that, make you control your transition better, you know?”

Baekhyun looked down and Ruby’s word ran through his mind again.

“…your mind control is too weak…”

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the small boy, “Well, I took you to my car and you insisted that we should buy a fire extinguisher but I said no, but you kept on insisting so I had to agree and when the cashier woman asked you said because my boyfriend always set the roof on fire everytime we do the do and the woman looked at you like you’re some psycho”

“Oh my God no wonder my parents and brother always thought I’m crazy”, he buried his face on his palms and the taller just laughed.

“You have to control it, you know? I’ll help you”

“So, did we do the do?”

“No, Baekkie, we did not do the do, I’m not that kind of a person.”

“And then what happened?”

“And then we got to my house and sleep.”

“Did you kiss me again?”

“Of course, I did, you threaten to blind me forever with your lights if I don’t kiss you”

“Aaahh! I’m so embarrassing”

Chanyeol laughed, and Baekhyun swore he would give everything he had just to hear that laugh everyday.

-----

Amethyst threw the saber on the couch on their little apartment.

“We need new plans, force is not going to help”, Emerald said.

The yellow woman groaned, “I can’t have patience, Em. We are going to lose our throne if we don’t get rid of him, he has that information as well.”

“Don’t worry, Amy. You would still be crowned the high queen, no one is going to stand in your way, not even some lost Aerolithian noble that grew up as a peasant”, Ruby.

“What do you plan to do, Ruby?”, Sapphire.

Showing his sisters the projection of Chanyeol and Baekhyun kissing on her hand, she grinned.

“Oh, just watch me”, she smirked and her three sisters looked at each other and nodded.


Hello, 21bangsfangirl is back to update this story.

Chronolock : power to exist outside of space and time. That's why she cannot be affected by Tao's and Kai's power

Mana Manipulation : the ability to manipulate the blanket of sentient energy that surrounds living and non living things that is used to form magic, the user is able to draw the energy from their surroundings.

I hope you like this chapter, oh my God PLEASE COMMENT OR I'M GONNA CRY

Subscribe and upvote too don't forget, all loves for readers xoxo