I

The Gifted

What am I?


Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open and grunted at his alarm clock.

God, Mother, why does she still use this ancient alarm clock thingy.

He glanced at his alarm clock and tapped it. He gasped when he saw his palms.

It’s happening again.

His palms had been glowing every morning since the day he was born he supposed. The first time he discovered that, he screamed so loud that his brother, Baekbeom’s ears bled.

His parents had taken him to the hospital ever since, questioning what is wrong with their child. Sometimes, they even took him to the therapist, because their young Baekhyun was always sprouting non-sense about exoplanets and creatures in the other dimensions…until the age of 16.

He tried joining the geek club, thinking maybe that those geeks could understand him better, and it surprised him how the geeks even thought that he was a freak.

And then there was the dreams, the unusual dreams he would find himself waking up to. Every dream was always the same, he was with a group of males, fighting something. Or sometimes they would come and have a nice dinner in a restaurant that Baekhyun swore he had never seen in his whole life, but the weird thing was he could never get their faces and posture identities, every morning it would always only left as a blur. Or even sometimes he would dream about a person, a man; kissing him on a bed on fire, touching him with his overheated fingertips, but as the same as the other people in his dream, he couldn’t get his face, no matter how hard Baekhyun had tried.

Sometimes he wondered where those dream came from, is it a memory? Is it a vision? Or am I just that freaky?

No, Byun Baekhyun you’re a freak why would anyone ever want to be friends with you or even love you? Even your parents think you’re weird.

Baekhyun’s days were always filled with conversations in his own head with himself, because like he said, no one wants to be friend with me.

And just like how that day went, empty and plain as every single day in his life was.

Baekhyun sighed and threw himself flat on his belly to his bed, staring at his ancient alarm clock. He started to feel himself drifting away to his precious dreamland, maybe see his ‘friends’ and his ‘lover’.

Suddenly he felt a huge pressure in the room, he opened his eyes and looked at his alarm clock, the seconds needle weren’t ticking. He glanced at his side and saw his bead of sweat hanging on mid air. He tried to move, but he couldn’t.

“Is this him?”

Baekhyun tried to turn around to see the owner of the unfamiliar voice.

“Yes, I can feel the different energy around him”

He felt fears washed over him as he felt hands grabbing his ankle, and the last thing he knew was the feeling as if being somewhere.

-----

Baekhyun opened his eyes, he flinched at the bright light above his face. He was greeted by a cute dimpled boy smiling gently to him.

“Welcome, brother. You can try and get up now.”

Baekhyun slowly lifted himself up from the narrow bed, he clutched at his head and looked around.

“Where am I?”

“You’re at the S.M.T Headquarters, brother.”

He narrowed his eyes at the dimple boy in confusion, “W-what headquarters?”

“That would be explained further shortly.”, the dimple boy smiled. “Oh I am Lay, by the way. Since you are one of us then you can call me Yixing.”

“Y-Yixing? I am Baekhyun”

Lay nodded, “Yes, Baekhyun. Those two outside, the one that took you here. Tao and Jong- I mean Kai, Tao and Kai.”

He looked at the direction Lay was pointing, ah yes they were the two creepy guys that I saw.

“But Yixing-ssi, what am I doing here, I mean…”

Lay smiled again, “I guess you’re already conscious, let’s take you to the main room to see Leeteuk-nim.” He reached out his hand to Baekhyun, “Come on, Baekhyun”

Baekhyun took Lay’s hand hesitantly, and slowly climbing off the bed with the boy’s help.

It must be one of those dreams. Wow, it’s amazing how I can recognize faces and know their names now.

The exit the room and Tao and Kai turned their heads at his direction, Tao smiled widely at him and Kai smiled an eyesmile.

“Welcome, gege. I am Tao, and this is our brother, Kai or Jongin. You should call him Jongin.”

Baekhyun smiled and bowed, “Nice to meet you, Tao, Jongin.”

Tao had a feline-like eyes, fangs and long nose and cat-shaped lips with a dirty messy blonde hair, while Kai had thick lips and thick dark brown hair, both of their skin were darker shade than his and Lay’s.

“If you’re ready, we can meet Leeteuk-nim and the rest of our brothers.”, Kai said.

Tao nodded, “Don’t worry, you’re not the only one we found tonight!”

Baekhyun mentally gulped, he hoped everything would be alright.

This is all just a dream anyway, I will wake up tomorrow and go back to my boring life.

They walked down the luxurious halls, rooms with see-through glass and expensive modern looking technologies inside. They stopped when they saw a huge round platina door with SM written on it. Tao put his face in front of the scanner and the door opened.

“Baekhyun-ssi”

Baekhyun turned his head at the unfamiliar voice calling his name, a small, fragile-looking boy with doll-like face features looks up at him, his face was expressionless and dazed.

“This is not a dream. Your dreams are over, Baekhyun-ssi, this is the time to live.”

Baekhyun gasped, the small boy gasped too and seemed to be free from his daze.

“Eh? Why are you looking at me like that?”

Baekhyun stuttered, “N-Nothing”

The doll boy giggled and said, “Hi, my name is Luhan. And if I said anything weird to you, please forgive me.”

“Luhan is our Watcher, he can do mind-reading and see the future.”, a person in a suit walked down the stairs. “My name is Leeteuk, I am the head of S.M.T”

“I know you are confused as why you are here. I will explain to you, your origin.”, Leeteuk turned. “Kai, can you please give our Baekhyun a seat please, he seems restless.”

Kai swiped his hand and moved the chair from upstairs to behind Baekhyun, and Baekhyun can’t say he’s not impressed.

“Byun Baekhyun, welcome to S.M.T. It is an installation in seek for The Gifted Twelve that has been mentioned in prophecies for centuries. The rest of the boys, please bear with me that I have to explain this again.”

Leeteuk cleared his throat and continued, “365 years ago a high-speed meteor had strucked the earth’s atmosphere, it was believe that its radiation could crumble the whole Northern hemisphere under the water. But the Earth’s atmosphere could hold that meteor, breaking it so it broke into exact 12 drops, scattering it across China and the Korean peninsula. The fortune-teller at that time foretold that with the 12 magical stones would come the birth of the 12 magical legends. They are believed to bring both peace and chaos to the universe. The NASA had been trying to seek for the remaining of the meteor for centuries but they couldn’t find it.”

He stopped for a while, eating Baekhyun’s facial expressions then continued, “But the director of S.M.T company, many years ago had found a piece of the meteor with the strong radiation and did some research to it, we found that the strong radiation of the meteor could cause genetic mutations to a creature, and hence we believed that one of the people might have found the piece of the meteor, thinking it could be useful and brought it to their homes, producing The Gifted 12. All of our boys here claimed to have something weird in their homes that we suspect might be the product of the meteor.”

“The ancient alarm clock in my room.”, Baekhyun whispered.

“Yes, Baekhyun-ssi?”

“There is this old alarm clock in my room that had been there since forever.”

“That might be it”, Leeteuk answers.

“The S.M.T were built to support and give facility to The Gifted 12, you should know this installation is a top secret, you cannot tell our existence to unwanted subjects, Baekhyun-ssi”, the director continues.

“Yes, sir.”

“We will help you train and explore your abilities in any form, you just mention anything you need and we will help.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Leeteuk smiled, “Now, I believe you want to get to know The Gifted 12, I will introduce them to you formally through this platform, but you can get to know them personally after. They’re your exoplanet brothers anyways.”

Baekhyun nodded and Leeteuk did some screen touching or somethings that Baekhyun could not understand, few moments later a huge projection hanging in the air, like something he only saw in Iron Man, okay that was cool.

“Welcome, Director Leeteuk.”

Holy crap, computerized voice!

“Hello, Krystal. The Gifted Twelve identities please.”

 

“The Gifted Twelve Identity.

Gifted One; Suho; real name Kim Joonmyeon; nationality Korean

Birth May 22, 1991; Height 5’67

Family located; Friends located; Lover null

Gift cleanser; Power type offense/repair

Physical ability water/liquid manipulation; Mental ability wipes memory

 

Gifted Two; Kris; real name Wu Yifan; nationality Canadian

Birth November 6, 1990; Height 6’13

Family null; Friends located; Lover located

Gift transporter; Power type defense/offense

Physical ability transports through any material, metal manipulation, flight; Mental ability creates delusions

 

Gifted Three; Kai; real name Kim Jongin, nationality Korean

Birth January 14, 1994; Height 5’97

Family located; Friends located; Lover located

Gift mover; power type defense/offense

Physical ability kinetic signature moves, teleportation, enhanced speed; Mental ability enhanced intelligence, conscience control

 

Gifted Four; Lay; real name Zhang Yixing; nationality Chinese

Birth October 7, 1991; Height 5’87

Family located, Friends located; Lover null

Gift stitch; power type offense/repair

Physical ability psychic ability to heal and unheal; Mental ability casting mental illusions

 

Gifted Five; Chanyeol; real name Park Chanyeol; nationality Korean

Birth November 27, 1992; Height 6’06

Family located, Friends located; Lover null

Gift flame; power type offense

Physical ability nuclear fire manipulation, absorption and immunity to radiations; Mental ability deceiver, psychic seduction

 

Gifted Six; Xiumin; real name Kim Minseok; nationality Korean

Birth March 26, 1990; Height 5’67

Family located, Friends located; Lover null

Gift frozone; power type offense/defense

Physical ability ice manipulation; Mental ability freezes emotions and feelings, minor empathy

 

Gifted Seven; Sehun; real name Oh Sehoon; nationality Korean

Birth April 12, 1994; Height 6’03

Family located, Friends located; Lover located

Gift shadow; power type defense/offense

Physical ability winds manipulation; Mental ability blocking visions of other clairvoyants

 

Gifted Eight; D.O; real name Do Kyungsoo; nationality Korean

Birth January 12, 1993; Height 5’67

Family located, Friends null; Lover located

Gift beast; power type offense

Physical ability earth manipulation, superhuman strength speed stamina; Mental ability pheromone controls, night vision

 

Gifted Nine; Luhan; real name Lu Han; nationality Chinese

Birth April 20, 1990; Height 5’83

Family located, Friends located; Lover located

Gift watcher; power type offense/defense

Physical ability enhanced endurance and speed; Mental ability foresee future through dimensions, mind reading, pushes thoughts memories emotions into subject

 

Gifted Ten; Tao; real name Huang Zitao; nationality Chinese

Birth May 2, 1993; Height 6’06

Family located, Friends located; Lover located

Gift controller; power type offense/defense

Physical ability time travel, enhanced strength and durability; Mental ability time control, retrocognitive projection

 

Gifted Eleven; Chen; real name Kim Jongdae; nationality Korean

Birth September 21, 1992; Height 5’67

Family located, Friends located; Lover null

Gift lightning; power type offense/defense

Physical ability weather manipulation and flights by riding wind currents; Mental ability psychometric ability, probability manipulation

 

Gifted Twelve; Baekhyun; real name Byun Baekhyun; nationality Korean

Birth May 6, 1992; Height 5’70

Family null, Friends null; Lover null

Gift null; power type null

Physical ability light manipulation, sonic screaming, resistance to temperature extremes; Mental ability extra dimensional voids between minds stores memories and projections

The Gifted Twelve identities completed, need further information.

 

“Thank you so much, Krystal. We will complete Gifted number Twelve identity soon.”

Leeteuk caught his breath, “I will leave you for now, if you have questions you can ask your brothers.”

Baekhyun watched as Leeteuk climbed up the stairs to go back to his white office.

This dream is different, I don’t know how to get over this when I woke up

“Baekhyun-ah, how many times do I have to tell you, this is not a dream!”, Luhan addressed him and laughed.

“Baekhyun ge, come and show us your powers! Let’s go to the training hall!”, Tao jumped as he tagged on Baekhyun’s sleeve and his other arm locked with the tall blonde.

Baekhyun smiled and his eyes caught the tall figure draping against the wall, and there’s one thing that seemed to stuck in Baekhyun’s mind; flame.