V

The Gifted

Moving


Baekhyun let his mind wandered as he felt the warmth of Chanyeol’s palms burned through the skin of his forearm. The feeling of security was there, the feeling of being wanted was there and he was never happier.

“Baekhyunnie, would you move to Seoul with me?”

“M-move to Seoul?”

“Yes, you’re tortured in your house, honey. I don’t want you to be looked down upon again, move to Seoul with me?”

“Where am I going to stay then?”

“My house of course! It’s always open for you”

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun an assuring smile, letting the smaller know that what he said was true.

Baekhyun scoffed, “No way, Yeol. You must be kidding me”

Chanyeol smiled again, “Do I look like I’m kidding right now, Baekhyun? Come on!”

The taller pulled Baekhyun’s wrist and dragged him to his car.

“Chanyeol, I don’t agree to this”

Getting in the driver seat while buckling the seatbelt, Chanyeol said, “Honey B, it’s alright. What are you going to miss in Bucheon anyway?”

“It feels like home, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol sighed. “Baekhyun, I want to protect you, now that I’ve found you I want to protect you.”

“Oh, so I’m that weak now that I gotta be protected?”

“B, nobody said you were weak, but because we’re bonded that’s why I want to protect you. I don’t want to see you get hurt, that’s why I want to protect you”

Baekhyun’s eyes softened, nobody wants to move away from their hometown but maybe if Chanyeol was around, everywhere would feel more like home than home itself.

He smiled and pecked Chanyeol’s lips, “Okay, Yeol. I trust you.”

Chanyeol smiled back and kissed Baekhyun’s hair. “Thank you, for always trusting me”

-----

Baekhyun walked inside the house, greeted by his glaring mother and his brother with his girlfriend sitting on the couch watching a sappy romance TV show.

“Hey, Mum.”

“Running away from the therapist and going home 2 days after are you insane Byun Baekhyun?!”, his Mother said, gripping the kitchen island.

“I am insane, and crazy and you would never like me. But don’t worry, Mother, I’m saving you the trouble of hating me any further.”, Baekhyun said, walking to his room.

He dragged a huge suitcase from the corner of his room, it was dusty, well ‘cause he never had to go anywhere, not even school excursions.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m moving away”

“Moving away? To where? You don’t have anyone else, Baekhyun!”

“To Seoul with my boyfriend. In fact, he’s waiting for me outside right now so I gotta hurry”

He threw all his needed clothes inside the suitcase, contemplated for a moment and grabbed some of his favourite shoes.

“Boyfriend? BOYFRIEND? Byun Baekhyun you are a disgrace! I—“

“Don’t need to throw me out, Mum, I’m already moving out.”, he cut his mother’s words and grabbed the ancient alarm clock that was probably his source of power.

“If your Dad knew about this—“

“Dad would want me to have the right choices in life and not forced how to live it, especially not by you, not by Baekbeom hyung”

Baekhyun took his suitcase to the door, hesitated for a second and he sighed.

“Mum, I love you, you are the reason I’m brought to this world and you’re doing the universe a huge favour by carrying me. I know you don’t understand but I need to tell you, anyway. I’m not crazy, Mum. I’m just different, and there are others like me out there with traits that are weirder that if they were your son they would already be locked in a ward in a mental hospital somewhere. But now, I have found a place where I belong, so I have to go.”

His mum looked at him weirdly but Baekhyun just smiled and turned to his older brother.

“Baekbeom hyung, I know you never liked me, but I love you. I’m leaving now and I don’t think I’ll ever come back again, but I’ll always remember you at heart.”

Without waiting for a reply, Baekhyun pulled his suitcase outside, heading to his soulmate’s car. Chanyeol smiled at him and he smiled back.

“You good, Honey B?”

“I’m good, Chanyeol-ah”, Baekhyun said, chucking his suitcase in the back seat and got in to sit on the passenger seat.

“So you’re gonna miss Bucheon?”, Chanyeol asked as he started the car.

“Maybe I will”

 

Few hours later they arrived in Seoul in front of Chanyeol’s red house. This is where I’m going to stay from now on, with my soulmate.

“Come on, let’s get inside, Honey B”

Baekhyun nodded, Chanyeol already got his suitcase and walked inside. Yoora was pigging a box of cereal when they got inside.

“Oh Baekhyun-ssi”

Baekhyun bowed and smiled, “Noona”

“Noona, Baekhyun is going to stay with us from now!”, Chanyeol squealed.

“Oh he is?”, Yoora jumped from her seat and squeezed Baekhyun’s cheeks. “How lovely!”

“Uh… If it’s alright with you of course, Noona”

Yoora laughed, “Of course it’s alright with me, Baekhyun. Don’t be so uptight, darling”

“Thank you so much, Noona.”

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shaking shoulder, “Come on, Honey B, let’s get you settled inside our room now”

Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol took them to their room, the taller put  the suitcase down and sat on the couch there.

“If you want a bed I could get you from Noona’s room”

“N-No, it’s alright. It doesn’t matter for me as long as I’m next to you”, Baekhyun looked down to hide his blush. Embarassing, Baekhyun. Grouse!

Chanyeol chuckled and pulled Baekhyun down to sit on his lap. “So cute, Honey B”

“Stop calling me that, Yeol. It’s embarrassing”, Baekhyun said hiding his face.

“What? Calling you ‘Honey B’? But it’s cute”, Chanyeol replied and smiled.

Baekhyun just coughed a little in return, he was never going to get used to Chanyeol’s interesting address of endearment toward him.

“Jongdae doesn’t have class tomorrow, you can come to the café he works at while I’m at the uni, so you won’t be alone, you know?”

“Uh-yeah, sure Yeol. Whatever is convenient for you.”

Chanyeol leaned to kiss Baekhyun, “Convenient for you, Honey B. Maybe he could offer you an interesting job? Who knows.”

“I kinda want to continue my study, though.”

“I’ll manage that, we can get you into our university.”

“Is that not too much trouble though?”

“No, sweetheart. Of course it’s not”

The Luminate glanced shyly at the taller one sitting across him, how am I supposed to live without you now, Park Chanyeol?

-----

Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol’s hand tightly, he was really not used to the very crowded and squeezing environment of Seoul. The sounds of cars and all sorts of transportations stinging his eardrums, he could feel the vibrations at the very tips of his fingers. He wanted to run and hide, or go back to Bucheon, where was quieter and less people but he also didn’t want to hide anymore, he wanted to be as carefree as his 11 brothers, he wanted to be as carefree as Chanyeol.

“Honey B, you’re shivering. What’s wrong?”, Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun’s hand, some sort of an assuring gesture maybe.

“Nothing. I’m…I’m just not used to the crowd that’s all.”

Chanyeol smiled as they rode off the bus, Baekyun watched as Chanyeol swiped the card and then guided him down the mini stairs, a very modest café greeted Baekhyun’s eyesight in front of them. Oh so this is where Jongdae works, very interesting.

“Come on, Baekhyun-ah”

The tall Flame waved at him, Baekhyun barely had the chance to breath before he was being pulled by strong arms.

“Come on, sweetheart, or I’ll be late.”

The dinging sound of the bell hanging at the door frame sounded like a fresh reminder to Baekhyun. He saw Jongdae smiling his signature wide smile and walked towards them.

“Hey, Baekhyun-ah. Welcome to the place where I work. I’m a singer here, if you’re wondering. Minseok hyung also works here as a barista, there he is”, Jongdae pointed at Minseok who seemed so focused on a cup of Mochacinno, or whatever the name of the caffeinated drink he was making.

“Well, guys, I better get going now. See you after class, Honey B”, Chanyeol scooped Baekhyun from the ground and planted a kiss on his oblivious lips, and Baekhyun just widened his eyes in return.

When Chanyeol put him down, he felt like his knees were giving up on him. “Uh-oh-yeah, Chanyeol-ah. Have a good day” And with that Chanyeol left.

“I am sorry if I am going to cause you trouble, Jongdae-ah.”, Baekhyun half bowed at Jongdae, and the latter just slapped his shoulder while laughing.

“Don’t be like that. You already have a place here as the second singer. Oh and I believe you will amaze people with your amazing voice, Baekhyun-ah”

“Se-second singer?”

Jongdae just nodded, “Hurry up, boy. Now is your turn, amaze them”

Baekhyun walked nervously towards the little stage where a mini band was ready to accompany his song. He awkwardly took the microphone, tapped it once and cleared his throat.

“H-hello, everyone. My name is Baekhyun, and I’m new here. I hope I can entertain you today”

He glanced at Jongdae first, seeking for assurance because the last time he sang in front of a crowd was not exactly a very nice experience to remember. Jongdae just put his thumbs and smiled at Baekhyun, oh well it’s now or never.

 

“Baby when they look up at the sky

We’ll be shooting stars just passing by

You’ll be coming home with me tonight

We’ll be burning up like neon lights”

-----

Chanyeol hurriedly packed all of his books and stuffs, he wanted to come back fast to his Honey B.

“Excuse me, are you Park Chanyeol?” A small girl with a long straight dark hair, a simple red plaided blouse, a red skirt and red sneakers was on his presence, she was beautiful, yes he could not lie.

“Yes, I am Park Chanyeol. Who could you be?”

She smiled and offered her hand. “Oh, my name is Sandara Park, I just moved here from Phillipines.”

“That’s really nice, Sandara-ssi. I am sorry but I have to go back now, someone is waiting for me.”

Chanyeol was about to get out of the door when she stood in front of him again, blocking his way.

“I am sorry, but the TA told me to seek for you for assistance during my first 3 months here.”

The boy narrowed his eyes, “Oh really? It’s so unusual of the TA to tell students to do that.”

“But well, I don’t know how the things are usually here, but here”, she pulled out an envelope. “This is a letter from the TA to seek for the Student Body President, Park Chanyeol of Medicine Major to assist me during my first 3 months here.”

Chanyeol grabbed the envelope from her hand, took out the paper and read it thoroughly, he sighed.

“Well, that means you’re my responsibility now, eh?”

“I suppose it’s like that, Chanyeol-ssi”

“So what do you want to do now?”, Chanyeol walked, trying his best to keep his distance from the new girl, but it was hard when she kept on running to walk side by side with him.

“I don’t know? Take me around Seoul maybe?”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “I’m seeing my boyfriend and if you want me to keep on assisting you, you gotta come with me.”

She clicked her finger and little red mist was formed on her hand, then she held Chanyeol’s fingers, but of course Chanyeol did not see all of that.

“Amazing! It doesn’t matter, Chanyeol-ssi. I’ll come with you.”

The Flame felt his mind fogging, before he lost part of his conscience and image of smiling Baekhyun flashed before his eyes and it felt like the smaller boy was taken away from him.

-----

“You were amazing, Baekhyunnie! Curse those people who bullied you in the past, your voice is flawless!”, Minseok squealed, raining Baekhyun’s head with little snowflakes.

“Ah, thank you, hyung. But Jongdae is still the best”

“Nonsense! You’re better than me, Baekhyun-ah”, Jongdae nudged on his elbow and smiled.

“I wonder where could Chanyeol be, it’s almost 8 right now.”, Minseok.

“Well, what time does his class usually end?”

“Four, the latest he got was 6 and that was because he had to run an errand for his organization, he’s the Student Body President, Baekhyun-ah”, Jongdae.

“Do you really love him?”, Minseok.

“I do, hyung. I love him, I know it’s weird because we haven’t met each other for a long time but I always see him in my visions”

Minseok smiled, “Then I wished you two well”

Suddenly the bell rang, alerting Baekhyun’s ears. Chanyeol stood there with a huge grin and open arms.

“Chanyeollie!”, the small boy ran towards him, hugging the taller boy and burying his face on his chest.

“Hey, Honey B. I’m sorry I had so many things to do”, Chanyeol said, Baekhyun’s hair.

“It’s okay. I understand”, Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and smiled, it actually felt good waiting for someone to come back.

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun tightly, rubbing his back soothingly as if they were parted for years.

“We have to go home now, guys. Thank you so much for taking care of my Baekhyun, we’ll come back tomorrow. Don’t get bored!”

Jongdae laughed and watched them walking outside, Baekhyun inside Chanyeol’s embrace.

“We’ll never get bored”

And Minseok smiled at Jongdae after.


Hello everyone, here's next chapter, I hope you like it!

This is more like a filler chapter, of what's goiing to happen ^^; anyone has any idea about what's gonna happen?

So comment subscribe and upvote! Please give me feedback!

21bangsfangirl