VI

The Gifted

Black Swan


“So how was today?”, Chanyeol spoke in the comfortable silence of the car.

Baekhyun stuttered, “It was okay. Actually…it was wonderful Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun cowered under Chanyeol’s  little glance, never in his life he had thought of meeting and being with someone like Chanyeol.

“So I will arrange some stuff for your attendance tomorrow. You’ll be in the same university as me in no time, Honey B.”

“T-Thanks, Chanyeol. It’s just I’m not used to these things so I feel a bit…queasy.”

The taller chuckled, the sound reverberated in Baekhyun’s ears.

“You’re just that precious, aren’t you?”

“I-I’m not…”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to this life, you’ll get used to me”

And deep inside Baekhyun wondered if he actually could get used to all the new things in his life.

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

 

“And one…two…swirl…step…step…jump…fold…”

Kai was lost in the music as his instructor shouted. He closed his eyes and felt the energy pulsing within his veins, adjusting the air surrounding him and invisibly making little flights, his power had always helped him in his performances.

He pants as he landed on his toes when the music stops, drops of sweats covering his bangs.

“Beautiful as usual, Kim Jongin. You’ll be ready for your next solo performance.”

Kai bowed, he walked away from his instructor to his dufflebag, fishing out his cellphone to call his boyfriend.

“Oh, Jongin?”

“Yes, sir?”

“Your partner for next week’s Swan Lake performance will be here soon. You should get to know her before you dance together, as usual.”

“Today, sir?”

“Yes, I already asked her to come here.”

“But I have to see my boyfriend, tonight is our anniversary, sir.”

“Do I look like I care, Jongin? If I received any complaints from her, you are surely out of the theatre, Jongin. Do you understand me?”

“Y-Yes, sir.”

Kai sighed. The instructor had left him alone in the dance studio now.

How am I supposed to tell Soo about this? He would be really mad, but I can’t risk losing the theatre as well.

He walked outside while dialling the number he remembers by heart.

“Hey, Soo. I’m sorry I can’t make it tonight.”

….

“I know, love. Hey, we can just eat them tomorrow.”

….

“Kyungsoo, I—“

….

“Really? It’s alright with you?”

….

“Don’t say that, Soo-ah. You make me feel guilty.”

….

“I’m really sorry. I’ll see you tonight when I get back, okay?”

….

“Bye, love you.”

He sighed again, hearing Kyungsoo’s sad voice was one of the things he never wanted to experience. But, he hoped Kyungsoo would understand, he really couldn’t risk his position on the theatre.

“Kim Jongin, right?”

A girl with red short hair wearing purple and black clothing greeted him with eyesmiles.

“Yes.”

“Hey, I am your partner for the Swan Lake performance.”

Kai’s face faltered, this is the cause of my ruined 2nd anniversary. “Oh, it’s you.”

“Yes, I am Minzy.”

“So I was supposed to take you out tonight to bond with you, or something.”

Minzy laughed a little, “Don’t worry, the instructor told me how tonight is your anniversary and such. So you don’t have to go all the way tonight. We could just talk a little then you can go back to your girlfriend.”

“Uh…actually, it’s a boyfriend.”

“Oh! Forgive me.”, she exclaimed and laughed again. “Your boyfriend.”

“Yes”, Kai smiled.

Minzy held Kai’s arms as they walked out of the dance studio, it was a pretty chilly spring night and Kai wanted nothing else than to stay warm in his apartment with Kyungsoo but now Minzy doesn’t seem so bad anymore.

“So, Minzy, isn’t it?”

“Yes?”

“What theatre are you from? Are you from Korea? How come I never see you around?”

“Well, yes. I am from Korea but I’ve been travelling a lot with my sisters.”

“Ah, are you sisters dancers too?”

“Well, no. They have different talents but we all are children of the music.”

“Amazing”, Kai laughed. “So where do you want to go?”

Minzy shook her head, “Wherever the lead dancer wants”

“Let’s go street food ”

“Count me in!”, the girl laughed as Kai pulled her to the nearest street food center.

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

 

Kyungsoo sat alone in the dining room, it’s been an hour than the usual dismissal time of Jongin from his dance practices. He stared at the neatly organized special meal he prepared on the table and the dimly lit candles shines throughout the room.

He was worried, something might happen to his beloved, especially during attack time like this. He can’t have Luhan called him saying that Jongin is dying somewhere and Jongdae telling him the location.

He stared at his phone, he tried calling Jongin but no answers. He sighed, maybe it’s a bad time to have their anniversary anyways.

Suddenly his phone rang, showing the name Jongin on the screen, he smiled hoping Jongin was already on his way here.

“Jongin!”

“Hey, Soo. I’m sorry I can’t make it tonight.”

“What? Why? I already made us a special dinner, Jongin.

“I know, love. Hey, we can just eat them tomorrow.”

“It’s not going to be the same. It’s alright, I can just dump them and left a little for myself.

 “Kyungsoo, I—“

“Don’t worry, Jongin. You surely have something important to do right to cancel our special occasion?”

“Really? It’s alright with you?”

“Yes, maybe it’s just not the right time to have our anniversary. Maybe…”

“Don’t say that, Soo-ah. You make me feel guilty.”

“Don’t be, I’m sure you wouldn’t ditch me for something petty.”

“I’m really sorry. I’ll see you tonight when I get back, okay?”

“Okay”

“Bye, love you.”

Kyungsoo let his phone dropped to the table, I love you more, Jongin-ah.

He always knew dating Jongin would never be easy, he was always busy with his dance practices and performances. But when he found out that both of them are one of the The Gifted, he was happy, he thought he could spend more time with Jongin in the battlefield, in the HQ dorm rooms. Well, he was right, but not entirely.

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

 

“So you’re the swan right? Odette and Odile? Two qualities both in one person?”, Kai slurred. After eating street food they decided to get some drink and they ended up in a small loud club. He was far too wasted  to feel guilty about Kyungsoo anymore.

Minzy laughed, baring her white teeth. “Yes, two qualities in one. Like I’m so bad bad but I’m so good good

“Perfect, perfect. I can’t wait to start practicing with you and run my hands all over your waist and chest and just…”, Kai whistled. “…wherever”

The girl chuckled lowly, “Well, you don’t have to wait until the practice”, she scooted closer and whispered, “you can just touch me now”

Kai chugged from the bottle, “Tempting, but I’m not the kind of person who skips first date formality, makes the dance only feels ual, nothing else, it wouldn’t have the beauty in it.”

“The kind of person who takes his work very seriously, but cannot accept the offer seriously”, Minzy threw a smug smile at the tanned boy.

“Oh, I do take seriously. But I’ve never took with girls seriously.”

“Well maybe you can change your mind”

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Kyungsoo finished wrapping the dinner, and all were stacked neatly in the fridge. He never thought that this would happen in his life, Jongin had always a very thoughtful and caring lover.

He didn’t know what to do now. All the plans he made for that night with Jongin were now crossed and erased on his to-do list.

Looking at the street from the cracks of Jongin’s apartment, Kyungsoo decided maybe he should go out for a while, he knew Jongin wouldn’t come home anytime soon. Maybe visit Joonmyeon and Yixing, since they don’t live too far from him.

But maybe not…

Maybe he’d just walk until his heavy heart feels lighter.

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Kai had Minzy pinned on the wall outside the small club, out in the open at the sides of streets. He didn’t seem to remember anything anymore, all he wanted to do is melt into this stranger woman.

He ran his hand through her red-dyed hair, feeling it sizzle a bit like a wave of electricity on his neurons.

“You feel electric”

“Oh, when I’m excited, I am quite electric”, she said wrapping her arms around the tanned boy’s neck.

Kai was about to kiss the stranger woman when he heard a familiar but suddenly sounded unfamiliar voice.

“Jong..Jongin?”

Kai blinked a few times, his mind seemed to try to digest what happened. He turned to see the face he always wakes up to for the last two years looking at him in shock and fear.

He gasped, something didn’t feel right. It felt like he forgot everything.

“Kyungsoo?”

The small boy  narrowed his eyes, “You cancelled tonight’s dinner for this? You left me alone at your apartment for this? For this ?”

Kai’s heart was shaking, looking at the tears b at the sides of Kyungsoo’s wide eyes.

“Kyung-ah…”

“I went back from my work early to cook for us. I waited for you, Jongin. How long have you been sneaking behind my back?”

Minzy  touched Kai’s shoulder, a jolt of electricity rushed through the Mover’s veins. Washing all his love towards Kyungsoo.

“Minzy is not a . Kyungsoo, do you think I would actually love a man? A man like you? Talentless, poor ?”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes, he let his tears flowed on his cheeks for the world to see. He dashed toward the girl and punched the bricked wall beside her head.

“You little …”

“Why are you angry at me? I didn’t even say anything, it was Jongin who said all those words to you, now you know the truth.”

“Let her go, Kyungsoo. Don’t you dare hurt her, or I will hurt you.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “What other type of pain are you willing to cause me, Kim Jongin? I’m already suffering because of you.”

He slammed Minzy to the ground, making a loud banging noise before storming off.

And as the young Beast turned around, Minzy touched Kai’s shoulder again, bringing back his right head and mind, slightly smirking then disappeared.

All Kai could see was Kyungsoo running away from him, and his heart felt really really heavy.

 

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

 

Luhan screamed clutching at his head and repeatedly pulling at his hair.

“It hurts, stop it. Stop it!”

Kris, Tao and Lay hurriedly approached the Watcher. Kris held his shaking body, trying to calm him down.

“Ge, it’s alright, it’s alright. We’re here”, Tao hushed.

Luhan opened his eyes, his breathing ragged. Looking at his brothers he felt oxygen slowly coming back to his lungs.

“It’s alright, Ge. It’s over, it’s alright.”

Luhan blinked slowly, trying to get rid of the pain on his head.

“Guys…”

“It’s alright, Ge. Tell us what you saw”, Lay said as he healed Luhan’s pulsing headache gently.

“The blue gem, Sapphire, has broken the soulmate bond between one of us”


another chapter for this story, I love writing this one! makes me feel adventurous :3

so how are you liking this chapter? please do tell me about it.

so comment upvote and subscribe, all of those are important so I can improve my works and bring you better chapters in the future!

so lots of sarangs for you my dear readers <3 oh and if you're confused with their powers just head back to the previous chapters, you will find the explanations there :)

21bangsfangirl~