II

The Gifted

Turns of Life


Flame, flame, flame, flame.

Baekhyun clutched his head and shook it.

God, don’t let Luhan know.

The tall draping figure walked out from the shadows, showing Baekhyun his toothy grin and round cute face. Baekhyun was taken aback, looking at him with wide eyes. If this guy was the one he had been dreaming of all of this time, he expected the taller to look less cute.

This is the face of…?

“Baekhyun-ah! Welcome! I’m Chanyeol!”, Chanyeol said while clapping his hands and making a big hugging gesture.

“When he’s doing that you better hug him”, a voice behind him said.

“U-Uh, Okay”. Baekhyun awkwardly extended his arms and hugging Chanyeol, surge of familiar heat enveloped the smaller boy, similar to the one he’d been dreaming of all this time.

“That huge teddy bear, he really likes to hug people.”

“Maybe because he’s too hot, he needs some low temperature in his body”, someone else said.

But Baekhyun couldn’t hear the people talking in the background, he started clutching tightly to Chanyeol’s body, decreasing the distance between their two bodies. His eyes fluttered close slowly to the rhythm of Chanyeol’s heartbeat, he rested his head on Chanyeol’s chest and moaned loudly.

Kai hurriedly pulled him off Chanyeol and threw him to someone, he heard it was Sehun maybe?

Baekhyun gasped and opened his eyes, Sehun looking at him from head to toe.

“Chanyeol, don’t you ing dare doing that”, Luhan growled at Chanyeol.

“What did I do?”

“Don’t you act innocent, you little fool!”

Luhan flit to Chanyeol and grabbed his collar. “We all know what you did. Don’t need Tao to see that for us”

“L-Luhan”, Baekhyun called. “I-It’s okay, Luhan. I’m fine.”

Luhan turned with his hand still on Chanyeol’s collar. “No, sweetheart. I don’t think you understand that this monster could you without you even knowing. Don’t you fall for his cute and round features as well because he is an effing deceiver, you’ve heard Krystal.”

“But I’m alright, Luhan, see? I’m fine, I’m still whole and I want to be friends with everyone in this room and that includes Chanyeol, Luhan-ah. Don’t worry.”

Luhan let go of Chanyeol’s collar, letting out a defeated sigh. “You’re right I suppose, but I want you to stay away from him, no physical contact. Do you understand, Baekhyun?”

“I understand.”

As they walked to the training hall, exchanging little conversations, Baekhyun tried to digest who was who.

Joonmyeon or Suho was the angel-looking boy that smiles too much that Baekhyun worried his face might come off. Xiumin was the hamster-looking oldest one that seems to give a very cold aura around him and he only talked so much and only smiled at Luhan and Chen. Oh Chen? He was the one with the fascination with snapbacks and seemed to laughed a lot.

Kris was the tallest one that didn’t talk much, Baekhyun also learned that he and Tao are in a relationship. Sehun was the expressionless blonde one. Kyungsoo was the wide-eyed one with thick lips, and seem to be lover of Kai mentioned in the identity.

“Baekhyun hyung is a very cool person!”, Kai said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Thank you, I suppose.”

“What do you do for a living, hyung?”

“I… am just a student. Why? What do you do for a living?”

“That’s it? I’m also a student but I’m a ballet dancer too, I dance with the Seoul Ballet Theatre.”

“That is really cool, Jongin-ah”

“He’s a singer”, Tao spoke up.

“A singer?”

“Excuse me?”, Baekhyun eyed the younger boy.

“He can sing, really good, due to his sonic screaming ability. He stopped singing because he was traumatized with a past event where no one gave attention when he sang at the school fair.”

“Wait, Tao. How do you know all this?”, Baekhyun

“Our Tao has the ability to see all of someone’s or something’s past just by touching them, one touch that’s all he needs to read you like an open book.”, Chen

“Okay, guys. I am feeling really insecure and intimidated right now by your powers. Luhan has been reading my mind since the day I entered the room and Tao pretty much know everything about me.”

“Don’t worry, you don’t have an embarrassing or bad past like some other of us here.”, Tao.

“So…”, Suho started as the scanner scanned his face, unlocking a door of their big-sized training hall.

“Show us your powers, Baekhyun. So we can feel as intimidated as you feel right now.”

Baekhyun nodded, “I don’t have that cool power as you guys have anyways.”

“Show us!”, Sehun said loudly.

Baekhyun sighed, balling his fist in front of his face, closed his eyes momentarily and opened his eyes and palm at the same time. Streaks of light shone out of his palm, a soft humming sound was heard.

“You guys might want to get back and put on sunnies”

Closing his palm again and reopening it, he produced much brighter light with higher intensity than before, shooting at their hall roof.

“That is really cool!”, Kyungsoo said as Baekhyun closed his palm.

“Thank you”, he smiled.

Chen shoved himself closer to Baekhyun. “Show us your mental ability!”

“Wait, Jongdae-ah. He hasn’t shown us his other physical yet”, Lay.

“I’m sure as hell don’t want to get involved with the sonic screaming, Xing”, Chen.

“Well then we can do the next one, adaption to temperature extremes, right Baekhyun-ah?”, Lay asked, looking at him and Baekhyun nodded.

“Minseokkie”

Xiumin nodded and scooted to Baekhyun, “Bear with me”

Xiumin squeezed Baekhyun hands, and Baekhyun stayed immobile. The floor around them started to freeze but Baekhyun seemed unaffected by it. Xiumin held on Baekhyun’s hands a few more seconds before letting it go and unfreezing the floor with a word, “Amazing”

Chen laughed and pull both Xiumin and Baekhyun into a hug, “My boys are amazing!”

“Shut up, Jongdae.”, Kris.

“Hey! So mean!”, Chen.

Baekhyun smiled watching at his newfound brothers, maybe if he can’t find happiness in his real human life.

Wait, I’m not even human to think of it.

Baekhyun chuckled to himself.

-----

“Sehun, I’m scared. The visions are getting stronger”, Luhan said, drawing on his journal. They’re in their shared room, Luhan sitting against the headboard and Sehun fumbling with the pillows.

“What is it now, hyung?”, Sehun scooting closer to the older boy, peeking at his journal.

Luhan sighed, showing Sehun his journal. Drawings of meteor and 4 gems with different colours scattered all over the page.

“Every time, every vision I get everyday takes us closer and closer to our death, Sehun. And the arrival of Baekhyun just makes it worse, I already saw how we die, Sehun. I don’t know what to do.”

Sehun wrapped his arms around his lover, “It’s okay, Luhan. You said that you get things wrong sometimes, and also that the future can change.”

“I said it can change, but doesn’t mean it will change. I’m so scared.”. Tears started b on the Watcher’s eyes.

“And it’s Chanyeol, it’s how…he’s the key, Sehun… I mean…”

the other’s cheek and shushing him gently, “Slowly, baby. Tell me. It’s alright, I’ll be beside you, always.”

“Baekhyun is… every time I see Chanyeol approaching Baekhyun or just everytime I think about them two, the vision comes, the vision of how we die, nuclear explosions, death of innocent humans… I-I can’t Sehun it’s just too hard for me to handle this…”

“Do you think we should tell the rest of our brothers about this, hyung?”

Luhan quickly shook his head, “No, Sehun. They’re not ready, I’m not ready.”

“But they ought to know sooner or later and you know that.”

“We can’t tell them about any of this yet, Sehun. Look at Baekhyun, he’s still so shocked with the turns of events in his life, we can’t scare him with my uncertain vision”

“But you’re suffering like this, I can’t let you suffer like this.”

Luhan smiled, “I can bear it, just not too long. We’ll find the right time soon enough to tell them this.”

“Beautiful. Don’t forget, I will be with you, our brothers will be with you”

Sehun sealed his words with a kiss on Luhan’s forehead, and the elder smiled brightly in return.

-----

Chanyeol walked in front of Baekhyun, heading to their shared room. The smaller couldn’t seem to think straight with the fact that he room with Chanyeol, it’s not a very hard thing to believe since nobody want to room with the Flame, ‘fear of ’ according to Luhan.

“I am sorry that I have to trouble you by rooming with me.”, Chanyeol told Baekhyun, scanning his eye on the lock.

“I’m not troubled with it at all”

A ding and the door to their room opened, revealing a very neat and well-organized bedroom. Baekhyun’s eyes darted across the empty beds, he gasped as vision washed over him.

 

Fire the veins of Baekhyun’s arms, another strings runs through the dimples of his back.

“Ph-Phoenix…”. The sound of his voice cracked through the crackling sound of fire in their room.

His visions blurry as the man above him spreads fire making the shape of a pair of wings, and Baekhyun screams as another wave of pleasurable heat washed over his writhing body.

 

Baekhyun stumbled, his head heavy, he could have fell if a pair of strong arms didn’t catch his limp body.

“Baekhyun, are you okay?”

The small boy mewled, “I-I’m not okay. It’s so hot, I’ve never felt like this.”

Through his eyelashes, Baekhyun watched how Chanyeol is confused of what to do.

“I-I don’t know what to do. If we call the others they would think that I—“

Baekhyun groaned and clutched on Chanyeol’s neck. “Wake me up, Chanyeol.”

“W-What?”

“My mind is between dimensions, Chanyeol. Please, wake me up, activate my physical ability, Chanyeol.”

“H-how?”

Baekhyun’s hand travelled north and tangled to the taller’s hair, “Heat me. Wake my physical power”

Chanyeol stuttered, “I-I don’t know how…”

The Luminate pushed the taller’s head forward and crashed their lips together. Few seconds he pulled away, “Use your fire, heat me, wake my temperature adaption.”

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s face for a second and reattaching his lips to the smaller one’s, kissing him slowly and passionately. Baekhyun’s sense heightened as he heard the sound of fire crackling like the ones he heard in his dreams, he felt as if he was drowning.

Baekhyun shot his eyes open, perfectly aware as how Chanyeol was kissing him and they were both on fire. He quickly pushed Chanyeol away slowly.

“What happened? What did you do to me?”

Chanyeol widened his eyes and then smiled softly at Baekhyun.

“You’re back”

Baekhyun closed his eyes, digging through the folds of his memories and smiled a while after.

Opening his eyes, he shot the taller a smile back. “Thank you, Chanyeol-ah”

“I’m glad to help.”

“You’re an amazing deceiver, do you know that? And I think you’re pretty cool”

“Thank you, Baekhyun-ah”

They smiled at each other. Baekhyun then coughed awkwardly, “I-I need to wash up you can go to bed first”

“Sure”

And Baekhyun walked to the bathroom, thinking how he could use to the random visions if he could get to be set on fire oftenly.


This is a present for our first 15 subscribers that decided to stay with me at the beginning, I always love the people like you!

As usual, I want to apologize for grammatical errors and typos :)

So here you go have 2nd chapter of my underdeveloped fantasy work hehe

Please comment subscribe and upvote :) I love you all to deaths!

-21bangsfangirl