Chapter 3

I Can't Seem to Remember to Forget You
After 13 hours, the plane touched down at Pearson Airport and Jan Di couldn't wait to stretch her legs. Flying first-class was nice, but after such a long flight, she was jet-lagged, stiff and ready to get to her hotel.
 
A chauffeur was waiting for her just outside of baggage claim. "Miss Geum, I am your chauffeur, Jack. I will take your luggage. Your limo is waiting for you."
 
"Limo?", Jan Di questioned. She was fine with taking a taxi.
 
"Yes, ma'am," the chauffeur continued with a hint of a british accent, "Mr. Gu said to insist even if you refuse. It's a gift for you."
 
Jan Di sighed, but got in the limosine while her luggage was being stowed in the trunk. It was incredibly decadant: plush leather seats, a full bar, a flat screen TV, and many other amenities. She stared out the window. Joon totally overdoing it again.
 
The chauffeur opened the front door and slid into his seat. Jan Di spoke up, "Sir, I am assuming since uh...Mr. Gu is involved, my lodging accomodations have changed?"
 
"Yes, ma'am. Your reservations at the Raddison have been cancelled. You will be staying in the Prime Minister's Suite at the Royal York. As you know, your conference is also being held at the Royal York. I will be responsible for transportation services during your stay. If you need anything, please contact me. My card is on the bar next to you." With that, Jack tipped his hat in the rear view mirror and Jan Di, sighing once more for good measure, closed her eyes for a quick nap.
 
It was times like this that she was happy she took private English lessons for years. Being with Joon Pyo meant having to meet various CEOs and dignitaries - all of whom seemed to speak English. Although she had a bit of an accent and trouble with certain slang terms, her English was, for the most part, perfect.
 
"Miss Geum, we've arrived." Jack opened her door and offered her his hand.
 
Jan Di placed her hand in his and stepped out of the limo. The Royal York was grandiose. It was a tall historic skyscraper with red outdoor carpeting leading to large bronze revolving doors. A concierge was waiting for her.
 
"Miss Geum, this is Peter, your personal concierge. He will take care of you from here. I have your basic itenerary for your stay, but do not hesitate to contact me..."
 
Jan Di's attention was diverted to the revolving doors a small distance away from her. She saw the back of a man in a tailored suit with a slender build, tawny brown hair. He turned his head to the side slightly and she notice that he had the same profile as...
 
"Sunbae!" she shouted towards the revolving door, but the gentleman had already entered the hotel. She took a step forward and Peter grabbed her arm gently. She turned around to see her chauffer and concierge staring at her quizzically.
 
"Miss Geum are you okay?" Peter inquired.
 
Jan Di turned back towards the revolving door, but there was no one there. "I-I'm sorry. It's been a long flight. I thought I saw someone I knew. I think I need a rest."
 
"Very well, Miss Geum," Peter smiled, "You have 5 hours until the International Physician's Association's Welcome Dinner. Let me show you to your room."
 
Jan Di followed Peter through the large hallways of the lobby. Beautiful columns, tile mosaics, crystal chandeliers and painted ceilings surrounded her, but her thoughts were elsewhere.
 
I must be out of my mind, Jan Di thought as she shook the idea from her head that she actually saw Yoon Ji Hoo. There's no way...he's halfway across the world. I'm just seeing things. However, a not too small part of Jan Di was disappointed and hoped that it really was Ji Hoo that she saw.