Epilogue

I Can't Seem to Remember to Forget You

EPILOGUE

It was a cloudy day and the rain fell like mist, clinging to the grass in a blanket of star-like droplets. Geum Jan Di made her way up a hill, with an umbrella in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in the other. She stopped at a grave site that was immaculately manicured. She sighed. Her eyes became teary. She placed the bouquet by the head stone.

"Joon-ah…" she spoke softly to the grave. "I've come to visit. I am doing well. Your mother, father and sister are all doing well, too. The F4 are still as crazy as always." She paused for a moment and put her hand to Joon Pyo's gravestone.

She choked back a sob, "I miss you. I never thought I'd see the day where you weren't a part of my life. In some ways, you still are." She fondled the star shaped pendant around her neck.

"It's strange. Some days, I chase after you on the street because I could swear I see you walking ahead of me. I catch a glimpse of you once in a while in a passing car. And there are times when I have a feeling that I could turn a corner and see you standing there, in your usual arrogant way, just to tell me I'm late for something." She let a small awkward laugh escape her lips as she brushed away her tears.

"There's so much I want to tell you. There was so much left to say. I wish those days of us fighting would have been spent loving each other more. Although we were never officially married by law, on that last day…" she took a deep breath, "…on that last day, I truly felt that I finally knew your heart. I truly felt like your wife."

"I know you are in a good place, looking down over all of us, yelling at us when we do something stupid. Laughing at us when we're silly. Crying for us when we go through a hard time. I know you're putting everyone up above in their place. If I know you, you've probably been a handful for God. So don't worry about us. We're all okay. We all miss you, but we're okay."

Yoon Ji Hoo stepped up beside her, facing Joon Pyo's grave. "Hey, chingu. Life just isn't the same without you. I miss you. We didn't always see eye to eye, but you were my brother."

A little boy holding Ji Hoo's hand tugged at his blazer. "Appa, why is oma crying?"

Jan Di bent down so she could be eye level with the young boy, "My son, sometimes in life you lose something or someone very precious to you, and that can make you a little sad."

Ji Hoo took the boy by the hand and stepped forward towards Joon Pyo's grave. "There's someone I'd like to introduce you to, Joon." Ji Hoo shifted the boy in front of him and placed both hands on his shoulders. "This is Yoon Joon Pyo, our son. And let me tell you man, he's living up to his namesake quite well." he paused to chuckle, and then continued more seriously, "And…I kept my promise. Jan Di will never want for anything."

They silently stood at the grave for a few more moments. Finally the family of three turned to go. "Oma, is that my uncle?" Yoon Joon Pyo asked.

"Yes, he's your uncle and your angel, ever looking down on us."

Jan Di and Ji Hoo headed back down the hill with their son between them holding his parent's hands. "Oma, was my uncle a good man?"

At that moment, a single ray of sunshine had peered through the clouds, illuminating Gu Joon Pyo's grave.

She looked back at Joon Pyo's shining grave and smiled. "Son, he was the best."

THE END

A/N: Thank you SO much for reading my fanfic. Thank you to my husband who really helped to enrich this story. And last but not least, a special thank you to those readers who stuck with me from beginning to end as I was writing this. Your comments were truly an inspiration.

To be honest, when I began the story, I wanted it to be pure Ji Hoo/Jan Di fanfic. But around Chapter 10, it's almost as if this story had a mind of its own. It went where it wanted to go, and I just provided the medium for it to be told. If you would have asked me at Chapter 1 what the final chapter would have been, I honestly couldn't have told you. I think it worked out better this way, as my original idea would have been very bland and boring. I hope the Joon Pyo/Jan Di fans aren't too mad at me and I hope I gave him a worthy departure from my vision of the Shinhwa-verse.

Will I write again? I'm taking a break for a while, but who knows? There are so many K-Dramas out there that inspire me that perhaps you may find me writing about a character you know and love sometime in the near future. Thank you, again.