Chapter 15

I Can't Seem to Remember to Forget You

Jan Di arrived at the apartment and began packing her bags. She needed a break, to go somewhere to be alone. I have to hurry before Joon Pyo gets home.

She finished throwing the last item in her suitcase and headed for the door. She flagged a taxi once she was outside.

"Where too, agashi?" the taxi driver asked.

"Incheon airport, please." Jan Di said in a daze.

The taxi driver pulled away from the apartment building. Jan Di didn't notice a car was following them.

Once at the airport she made her way to the ticket counter and purchased a ticket for Jeju island. After, she went through security and headed to the gate. Again, she didn't notice that someone was a mere steps behind her.

After waiting an hour as a person watched over her just out of her view, she boarded her flight. She sat down in first class and ordered a glass of wine immediately. A gentleman sat down next to her.

"You running away?" a familiar voice asked. Jan Di looked up and saw Ji Hoo sitting beside her.

"Sunbae?" she asked.

"I got the sudden urge to go to Jeju." He said with a smile.

Jan Di sighed. "Did you follow me here? I wanted to be alone."

"I was worried about you." Ji Hoo placed his hand over her's.

Jan Di put her head back against her seat and closed her eyes. "I don't want to ask, but how did everyone react after I left?"

"Pure chaos. Madam Kang had to calm down everyone at dinner; she made up an excuse that you were sick and went to bed. Joon Pyo didn't come out of the study. Woo Bin and Yi Jung were naturally worried about you."

"And my parents?" she ventured.

"Just as freaked out as everyone else." Ji Hoo said.

"I just need breathing space. And after what I heard…" she trailed off.

Ji Hoo gave her hand a squeeze, "I know. And I'll give you your breathing space if that's what you want, but I was worried…"

Jan Di forced a smile. "It's okay. You've already bought the ticket anyway."

"Agashi, here is your glass of wine. Please buckle up, we will be departing soon." A flight attendant said.

Ji Hoo reached over Jan Di and grabbed her seat belt and buckled it for her. She was touched by his willingness to take care of her. The plane took off and a couple hours later they were landing at Jeju International Airport.

"Do you have a place to stay?" Ji Hoo asked.

"Not yet, but I won't be going to a Shinhwa hotel."

"I know a perfect place." He smiled.

Jan Di was too tired to object, so she let Ji Hoo take the lead. Outside of the Airport, they flagged a taxi and Ji Hoo instructed him to go to an ocean front resort. Once there, he ordered two rooms, side by side.

"You don't have to pay for this, sunbae." Jan Di started taking out her credit card.

Ji Hoo pushed the card away, "If you use your credit card, you may be found sooner than you want to be. Odds are Madam Kang already knows you flew to Jeju."

Jan Di reluctantly agreed and the two headed to their separate rooms.

"Go inside and sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll be here when you wake up." He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Okay." She said, sounding exhausted.

Jan Di shuffled into her room. Left her luggage by the door and crawled into the bed. She picked up her phone and called her mother.

"Oma?"

"Jan Di, where are you?! What were you thinking?! Everything is ruined." Na Gong Ju said sounding half angry, half worried.

"Oma, I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay. I needed to get away from it all. I will explain when I get back."

"Geum Jan Di, you come home right-" Gong Ju yelled through the phone, but Jan Di cut her off by hanging up the phone.

She set the phone on the bedside table and was too exhausted to even give in to her sorrow despite everything that had happened today.


A/N: Okay - a short chapter, but I just couldn't stop writing. I am glad you are all enjoying this story. I read every comment and enjoy every one. Thank you for supporting me. I hope this story doesn't disappoint! No more updates today (sorry), but now that the semester is over and I only have to wait for my finals, I will update soon. xoxo