8

The Chicken Case
8.
 
“Come in Minsuk, “ Daehyun said and Minsuk hitched. He wasn’t even near the house, but the police officer was calling him in. Minsuk couldn’t find him and turned around. Daehyun was right there in his old sweater and old boots.
“Och, hello hyung, what were you doing?”  Minsuk took off his boots and walked into the building.
“I had to look after something in woods, but I found it so it’s fine now,” Daehyun told him and Minsuk was trying  not to be too curious.
From all those BAP guys Daehyun  was the one that seemed the most mysterious and secretive about everything.
“What are we going to learn hyung?” Minsuk asked although he was curious about something else.
“I am going to teach you how to be accurate, how to have measurements in eyes and how to use your muscles to be able to strike to the right spot,” Daehyun answered and took his sweater down.
Minsuk had to admit that although this Daehyun looked really normal, under clothes was a body of model. He had nice muscles, you could see the power they contained. His shoulders were wider than Minsuk thought, because of the weight his gun had. It was sometimes more than 20kg, and he had to carry it with himself on his shoulders.
“If you want to have the same as me you have to work out,” Daehyun caught him staring at his muscles and he took a T-shirt and wore it.
“I don’t like working out,”
“I can see that,” Daehyun smiled “ Now come with me, I prepared a training station for you,”
Minsuk smiled, he was really anxious and couldn’t wait to see the place he was supposed to train in. 
His hyung took him outside through the back door.
On the ground were prepared three cases of different sizes in different gaps between each of it.
“Stand here,” said Daehyun and stopped Minsuk to go further “Tell me what do you think the distance is between them,”
Minsuk glanced at it and said “First one maybe 50 cm, second one is about meter and the third one is 1,4m,” he scratched his head and Daehyun sighed.
“You are worse than I thought, first one is 39 cm, second one is about 74cm and the last one is 1,32 m,” said Daehyun and Minsuk’s eyes widened.
There can’t be a person who can know this so accurately.
“It’s easy, you can learn it, now you have three different cases and three balls, try to throw it so every case has one. But throw it in a way you are not going to flip the case over,” said Daehyun and patted his head.
“ I am going to come back in 10 minutes and see what you can do, train,”
Minsuk sighed, it should be easy, or no? It was just like a play. He watched as his hyung walked to the building again.
He took one of the balls and threw it. “!” he screamed when he missed. He went there and took it again. He had to threw the ball ten times to properly hit the box, and after he hit it and almost did a happy victory dance, the case flipped over and ball got away.
Daehyun was watching him from the window and when he saw as Minsuk angrily walked to the ball and picked it up.
“It’s not that easy as you thought, right?” he called at him from the window and Minsuk turned to him “ Yeah, it’s hard,”
“Give me the balls,” said Daehyun and raised his hand from the window. As he took it, he closed his eyes and just like that, three throws in the row he to the boxes without flipping it or without the ball touching one wall of the case.
“Wow,” said Minsuk in awe. “ When we will end, you should be able to do it with eyes open, with eyes closed it takes a lot of practice,” Daehyun said and walked in again smiling “Train,”
 

 

It was the first time Zelo and Jongup were going through the town in day together. Previous nights they spent going through the streets alone, to know them properly, to get to know every single shortcut from one place to another. It was a simple custom, habit, something they had to do to feel safe and assured. Zelo had another job than others. While they just wanted to know the streets, Daehyun was trying to find the places where he can place a gun , Jongup was looking for places where he can hide, Zelo had to look at his surroundings and find cameras. Know where which one is aiming, know where are the traffic-lights , to be able to control them in case something happened.
 
“This is kind of strange,” Zelo flipped his blue hair on one side as he was looking at the corner mirror “Everybody is looking at us, like we are aliens,”
“Well, we are for those people. They are aware of those who live here, and a tall guy like you, with blue hair is something they are not used to see,” Jongup smiled at younger boy and stopped.
He stopped in front of a small house, which didn’t show that someone was doing something else then living in there.
“It’s this really it?” Zelo raised his eyebrow and chuckled.
“I don’t know, but based on the way this city is looking, it should be here,” Jongup said and rang the doorbell on the fence.
After several moments guy in his fifties came out, he wore old overly-used grey T-shirt and white trunks.  His hair was messy and black and he wore big glasses in front of his very exhausted eyes.
 
“May I help you?” he asked and looked at them with the same expression as every single resident of the city.
“I hope we are on the right address, are you a tattoo artist?” asked Jongup directly and man had a pleased grim on his face.
“Oh, nobody calls me an artist but, yeah the three tattoos that are in this town are made by me, how can I help you? Do you want one too?”
Both BAP members at once shook their heads. As every member of special forces knew tattoos the significant stigmas as tattoos, special shaped moles, scars and other things were forbidden. You had  scar on the place everybody could see it? You have to get rid of it. What everybody saw in movies was not true, the ones that were truly agents and also those on the other side  were discreet and normal, plain. Just amateurs would have a tattoo of clan.
 
“But we have a question for you, did you make a tattoo with the word Moon?” Zelo asked and man shook his head.
“No, nobody wanted that kind of tattoo. Those who usually came to me, were drunk and wanted a tattoo with the name of their born child or wife, but not those ones,” he said and smiled.
Zelo and Jongup glanced at each other, this was expected but they wanted to try something else “And do you know how many people in this town have a tattoo?”
Man sighed and smiled “ Excuse me, but I have just realised that I don’t really know why I am answering your questions,” he said and Zelo opened his wallet with the ID of an officer.
 
“I see, I don’t really know, but maybe I can help you with that tattoo, if you show me, I should be able to let you know what technique was used to make it,” he started “ It’s not my first job but it’s my hobby and I have read about it a lot,”
Jongup took from his pocket a paper that he torn from the sketchbook, and gave it to him. He opened it and smiled “ Minhee’s work right?”
Zelo and Jongup glanced at each other “ How do you know?”
“ I knew that she is great in illustrating, so I asked her to paint for me a tattoo designs, so I know how she works. But this is,” he observed the work and said “ I am not really sure, because it’s not finished and I can’t see the starting line, that’s the point,” he returned the paper to the officers.
Both of them sighed what to do.
People which they knew would be able to finish the tattoo and design it, but with the fact that they couldn’t contact anyone they were without a choice.
 
“Do you think Minhee would be able to finish it?” Jongup was curious and man nodded “ Probably, but she isn’t familiar with all designing, so it would take time, but you can try,”
“Thank you for your help,” both of them bowed to him and walked away.
 

 

Minhee was sitting on the sofa in the living room and going through the programs with blank expression.  Although she was already waken up from the nightmare that happened the night before, she was still having a bad feeling in her body. And what she liked even less was that everything from Monday started to change rapidly and she was lying to her brother and her brother was not telling her something too. On the top of that those six guys were not who they said they were.
 
Minhee wasn’t stupid. Six guys appeared from nowhere and said that they would be there for three months? Which young healthy officers would voluntarily come to the backcountry like this? Nobody.
She sighed and didn’t notice that her grandma was patting Guleugi and watching her granddaughter.
“Minhee, dear what is happening?”
Woman jerked from fear and touched her chest “Halmeoni, you can’t scare me like this,”
“Dear, do you have a bad conscience? What is happening? I am not blind,” Minhee raised her eyebrow on the elder and she giggled “Ok, technically, yeah I am blind, but I can see when my little children are not themselves. Minsuk is all too secretive and serious, you change your working hours, something you never do. So what is it?”
 
“I don’t  know halmeoni, but I feel that there is something bad really bad going to happen,” Minhee turned to her grandma and smiled “ But tell me what have you been doing?”
Halmeoni smiled and said “ Well, I won,”
“What did you win?” asked Minsuk as he walked in and hugged older lady tightly.
She smirked at her grandson and said “ We won vacation, from our club,”
“The geriatric club?” Minsuk asked and Minhee immediately stood up and kicked his leg strongly.
Halmeoni just warmly giggled and pecked Minsuk’s cheek “ Yeah, geriatric club, we won, we are going to the tour through the temples in the mountains,”
“And how long it will take?”
“Maybe a month? We don’t know how many of them we can go and visit, but this boy,” she scratched Guleugi’s neck “ Is going with me, I can’t live without him,”
 
“Gran, you can’t live without your dog, but you can leave us here?” Minsuk and Minhee cried together and she nodded “ You are old enough, sooner or later, you two will be in another town, you won’t be stuck with me here forever, but this boy,” she scratched dog’s head and he yawned “Is going to stay with me until I die,”
“And when are you leaving?” asked Minhee seriously.
“Tomorrow afternoon, “ she singed and Minhee’s lips formed a thick line, she was anxious about her grandma.
Halmeoni let go Guleugi and he immediately jumped on Minsuk’s leg and started scratching his thigh.
“Bad boy, bad boy! That hurts!Stop it! Noona, Halmeoni! Help!”
Both women just looked at each other with the fierce expressions and didn’t care about boy’s problems.
 
“Don’t worry dear,” Halmeoni Minhee’s cheek and continued “ I am going with three other people from this town, I won’t be alone,  my two friends are going and Pater is coming too,”
Minhee’s heart felt lighter and smiled “ Fine, we will help you to pack things, but now I have to make you your favourite meal,”
Minsuk wanted to leave the room without being noticed by his everything-seeing sister, but got caught again. She grabbed his backpack and pulled him to the kitchen.
“You are going to help me,”
He frowned and surrendered, there was no chance of escaping when his sister caught him like this. As he took his backpack down a book fell on the ground. Minhee was the first one who picked it up.
 
“Animals and their meanings?” she questionably read the title and glared at her brother.
“Minsuk! I think that tomorrow will be a great time for you and me to talk, seriously,” she said and he sighed.
His sister didn’t want him to go to the dangerous places; she was also at first not contained with his dream to be in police. But she understood it with words “ Until you are 21 you are under my hands, our parents are looking at the way I am trying to raise you, I can’t let you do something that might endanger you in any way, so I am fine with that, but you have to be safe,”
That was when she agreed to his training with the ajjushi, but the look in her eyes in that moment was fierce and he shivered.
She stuffed his hands with vegetables and said “ Wash it,”
 
Minsuk sighed and did as he was told, while his sister opened the window to clear the air in the kitchen because of the intense smell from the seasonings.
The strange sound started coming from outside and grandma Han was immediately in the kitchen opening the window even wider to hear it more.
It was a city broadcast.
Minsuk sighed seeing his halmeoni being her gossipy self and stepped closer to his sister “ What is she so excited about?”
Minhee sighed  and whispered  “ I would be quiet in your place because you are just as gossipy as her,”
Her brother sniffed angrily but came closer to the window to hear what are the news for this day.
 
“Hello citisiens, this is your one and only Chajung, I am happy to see that our mayor is going to invest more money to rebuild the train station, because it is in bad shape, also there are news that our Pater is leaving for God knows how long, because he is going on trip. This week one baby was born to Kim family. Let’s celebrate to them. Also there is news about our police force. I heard that six men are now living in the police office and that they are going to look after us for now, let’s welcome them properly and hwaiting! Before I start reading the love letters I have to say something from my own experience.  My neighbour Miss Byun had today pretty bad thing on her yard. Dead  chicken her limbs were everywhere, so I assume that there is some fox in town so be aware ! To continue with something else I will say…”
 
Minsuk glanced at his sister who let go of the knife in her hand and it fell to the sink with loud thud.
“This is getting more and more interesting,”
 

 

Himchan was sitting on the stairs and looking at his hands. There was a ring on his finger. It was small and silver ring but looked crooked and old and cheap.
“Thinking about her again?” deep voice asked from behind and he quickly put his hand down and hid the ring.
Bang sat down next to him “ I know you miss her a lot, me too, but you don’t know Leni now, she may be a different person,”
 
“She isn’t, she is still the same, and after this three months I am going to find her somewhere,”
“Fine, you can,” smiled Yonguk and said “ I can’t believe that you are this cheesy and in the same time you are so badass, “
Himchan blinked and stared at his friend with wide eyes  “ You are the one that looks badass and is soft like plushie, so I would be quiet,”
His best friend just stayed silent and suddenly a voice from nowhere started talking.
“Hello citisiens, this is your one and only Chajung, I am happy to see that our mayor is going to invest more money to rebuild the train station, because it is in bad shape,”
 
Youngjae looked from the house “ They have broadcast? I haven’t heard this for long time,”
“ This week one baby was born to Kim family. Let’s celebrate to them. Also there is news about our police force,”  voice continued and this time Jongup and Zelo came running and started “That’s about us?”
Daehyun just angrily glanced at them and signalled them to shut up.
“ I heard that six men are now living in the police office and that they are going to look after us for now, let’s welcome them properly and hwaiting!”
Himchan looked more than bad. In this kind of town when somebody new came people naturally started noticing those people more. And because they wanted to be less known in this town it was bad.
“ My neighbour Miss Byun had today pretty bad thing on her yard. Dead  chicken her limbs were everywhere, so I assume that there is some fox  in town so be aware !”
“Another one?” Daehyun looked more than interested in the fact that another thing occurred.
 
“This is really suspicious, we should check whoever had the same experience. We know that it couldn’t be an fox, right?” asked Zelo and his hyungs nodded.
“But for tomorrow we should be prepared for all ajjumnas that are going to come here, “ said Bang and scratched his head.
“So tomorrow, everybody is going to wear proper clothes,” Himchan remarked and boys nodded. They hated those suits, they weren’t used to wear them before, but after they came here they had to wear them to look like any other police officer.
“Fine, I am going to check the area tonight, “ said Jongup and walked to the house to prepare his things for that night.
“I didn’t know it would be this hard to live in this town,” Himchan sighed and stood up while Yonguk stared at the sky that was slowly becoming darker and darker.
He whispered for himself “ It’s not hard to live here, we are too different from normal people, that it would be hard to live anywhere for us,”
 

 

 

Hello:D I have a good news for you:D

I did my Bachelors degree...so I am now finally FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For three months I don't have to study, go to school or anything...

Maybe I am going to have summer work...and another things to do in this summer break...

but you know what it means...??? That I am Back...and I can write...whatever I like:D