10

The Chicken Case

10.

“Children, be good to each other. Minsuk don’t be brat and listen to your sister,” Halmeoni standing in front of the bus hugged her grandson. She turned to her granddaughter and said “And you, don’t pester him too much. Don’t be scared about me, I will be fine. And if you will find new boyfriend immediately let me know,”
 
“Neh,” both sibling smiled at their only family and placed hands on their hearts.
“Fine, I’ll be going, and don’t worry our pet it’s going to be fine,” she smiled as guleogi barked in the bus.
With this words “the geriatric club” got on the vehicle and the driver slowly closed the door. Siblings stood there watching their grandma already talking with another elders and smiling.
 
When the bus wasn’t in their sight Minhee turned to Minsuk and pronounced “ We need to talk,”
 
Boy sighed and said “ When I come home, I need to go to hyungs now sis,”
Minhee was on her way to tell him that she will be having night shift that day but he already vanished.
 
Minsuk sighed in relief as his sister didn’t stop him from running away. He knew he had to face her one way or another, but wanted to delay it like he could. His sister was kind to everyone, except of him. He knew why she did that, she was afraid that her younger brother will live with regrets. But fortunately he was nothing like that.
 
He knocked on the door loudly looking around himself. All ajjumnas had already disappeared and he was really interested about his training that day.
“Youngjae, go open the door, it’s Minsuk!” Jongup’s voice echoed from inside and Minsuk smiled. There wasn’t camera, that guy just knew that the one that came was him.
As the door opened, guy in training suit appeared in front of him. His body was full of plastic material where someone kicked really hardly, because the colour was skinned down.
 
“Hi!” Minsuk had hard time to contain his laughter. Youngjae looked ridiculous even to himself but he just smiled “ Do you want to change roles?”
Highschooler just shook his head and disagreed “ Thanks hyung, but no, thanks,”Youngjae didn’t even smiled he left boy standing in front of the door with amused smirk. 
Jongup came in few moments wearing just shorts and T-shirt with straps. All of his muscles were evident. Minsuk opened his mouth and couldn’t believe his eyes.
 
When you looked at the BAP you could see pretty tall and muscular guys. But there was also this smaller man who looked the most fragile among them.
But that it’s just the surface. Under all of his clothes there are muscles, which every single man would envy.
 
“Come with me, by the way,” Jongup stopped and smiled at him “ Himchan and Daehyun went to see your sister, is she home, right?”
Minsuk shrugged his shoulders, he wasn’t sure if she already came home, or if she was somewhere else.
“Fine, did you do your exercises?” asked Jongup again and Minsuk tilted his head little.
“I am happy that you are not lying to me, I knew that you didn’t, so we are going to stretch a little. I heard that you were learning some techniques before, so you can show me what you know,”
 
“Hyung, I don’t know anything, I am terrible, I could never use my legs like everyone wanted, “ Minsuk cut him off immediately and Jongup smiled.
He lead him to the garden and showed him some simple exercises to stretch his muscles, so they won’t hurt later.
Minsuk did it, but some of them were pretty hard to manage, so Jongup had to help him. Then the real torture had begun.
Minsuk had to remember whole choreography. Or that was how Jongup called it.
“Stop! You don’t have to do it so fiercely,” cried Jongup at him.
 
“Hyung, but what is the reason of the martial art when you don’t use strength?”
Jongup turned his head and explained “ When you do something with full strength, you will be quickly exhausted, so after all you will fail. People will use your lack of stamina and use it against you. The power of martial art doesn’t come from strength in your muscles. It comes from your will, you have to know how to aim and how fast you can do your move. Give me your arm,” he said and Minsuk had to give him his arm.
Jongup just with two fingers hit his arm with full of his strength.
 
“Auch,” said Minsuk and Jongup smiled “ This was just with force, now,”
 
In the second he swiftly hit his arm again. “What the ?” screamed Minsuk and glanced at his arm. From the previous hit, his arm hurt but just a little, but after the second hit his arm was in fire.
Jongup chuckled “ See, and I used just quarter of my strength, come on, try it,”
He encouraged his dongsaeng and Minsuk was happy that he could get his revenge.
 

 

Minhee was on her way from house, when she spotted two familiar people walking towards her.
“Hello Himchan-ssi, Daehyun-ssi, “ she greeted them and both of them ran to her.
 
“Hi Minhee,” Himchan smiled at her enthusiastically and she wondered what was the reason they came “ Why are you here? Do you need something?” she asked immediately and realised that it was little impolite “ Sorry, I didn’t meant to offend you,”
“No, that’s ok, Minhee,” Daehyun said and he looked at her. She was apparently in rush, so none of them wanted to hold her too much “ We really need something from you,” Himchan revealed and Minhee giggled.
 
“That’s ok, if that is something I can help you with, I will do it,”
Daehyun took from the small backpack sketchbook and handed it to her.
“We want you to help us finish that tattoo,” Himchan informed her, when she opened her eyes widely, she reluctantly grabbed it.
“ I don’t know how to do it, it’s hard,” she confessed and  Daehyun just smiled at her “ We know, but it can help us, the tattoo artist here said that with some books, you should be able to finish it, so please try,”
 
“I will look something up on internet, but I think to finish it, I need to see the very beginning, and I didn’t because it was covered with his kerchief,” she said and Daehyun nodded.
“When are you coming home tonight?”
 
“Probably at seven in the morning, to have shower, change my clothes and then in half hour I need to be back at kindergarten,” she answered and Himchan opened his eyes in surprise “ And when are you going to sleep? I mean you said we have to come for dinner, but…”
“Don’t worry about that I will sleep in the night till Sunday afternoon,” she waved her hand and at the same time spotted her watch “ Ommo, look at the time, I need to rush, have nice rest of the day and don’t forget to come tomorrow,”
 
With these words she just ran away. Daehyun glanced at Himchan and asked “ Why did you ask about when she comes home?”
 
“Bang asked me to do it, I think that he wants to look after her,”
Daehyun raised his eyebrow “ Didn’t he say that we shouldn’t play with girls in this town?”
Himchan smiled at his colleague and with the most serious tone hummed “ I don’t think that he is playing, he has something for her, but I hope he will not start romance now. We need to finish our duties here and go to work again,”
Daehyun walked by his side and remarked “Hyung, how long do you think we will be doing this?”
 
Himchan shrugged his shoulders “ What do you mean? Missions?”
Daehyun just nodded his head, he was really curious. They were together almost for five years, except of Zelo, so it was pretty impressing.
“Our unit started as aexperiment, I don’t know what are they planning to do with us. After our last mission, I am really not sure,” Himchan explained “ But I know, that Bang wants to stop, “
 
Daehyun stopped for a second “ What do you think by stop? What about us?” he was shocked. Although nobody from BAP showed it, they all were used to each other. They worked together too long and they knew about each other too much. They weren’t going to be able to do something else with somebody else.
It was just too late.
 
Himchan just hit his shoulder and said “ Don’t worry, we are going to think about it before we do something, but of course we are going to stay together,”
The captain said it, but he wasn’t persuaded about it himself.  There was bigger power higher than them, but he knew that  his best friend was thinking about it seriously.
 

 

 
Minsuk came home exhausted and tired. He was starting to slowly regret his decision to start training with BAP.
Who were those men seriously? The knowledge they had was too much for simple officers.
He walked to the kitchen and found a cooker with soup on the table, rice in the rice-cooker and full fridge with meals.
His sister had done everything to prepare the house for the time, she will be out.
 
Minsuk was going to sit to the table, when he realised that his sister wasn’t there.
 
“Minhee is not here, she is not here!  Granny is not here! That means!” he screamed to the house and placed the food on one plate.
 
When his other family members were home he had to do everything like they wanted. But when they were gone, he could do things according to him.
His halmeoni and sister hated when he ate in his room instead of the kitchen and living room. Minsuk loved it. He could surf the internet and at the same time stuff himself with food.
Opening his laptop he immediately plugged the internet in.
 
“I can check my e-mails, and then go to sleep,” he laughed for himself. His lazy self appeared again. Truly he was happy when he was stuffed with food and could sleep.
He had opened his e-mail only to find more than 15 new messages from different people.
All of them had the same heading: The Chicken.
He took a sip from his drink and chuckled. It was going according to his plan.
“I wonder, how many got Ran,” he said and in that exact moment his phone rang. Without wiping his oily hand he just pressed the  button on  his phone and continued eating.
 
“Oppa, oppa ? You, know what happened? I have got many e-mails from our new club, what about you?” Ran’s voice echoed from the small device and Minsuk with mouth full with food answered
“Really, that’s great, I got some too, “
“What can I do with them?” Ran asked and opened one of the e-mails to read it.
“ You have to read them and sort them. Those which are not interesting for our thing, we are going to erase,” said Minsuk.
 
“But oppa, you have said that you are going to make a book from those, you can’t let those people down,” his kind girlfriend said and he hiccupped.
“Look, If you want to do that, you can, I am not going to stand in your way, but this is just……”
Ran just realised something “ Oppa, you are eating?”
 
“Yeah,” answered her boy quickly and immediately continued with what he was saying before “Like this, I have opened this e-mail from some girl and she is saying nonsense, so I am going to erase it,”
“ No, oppa, just send me that,”
“Fine,”
 
In less than 5 seconds Ran had got the e-mail from her boyfriend.
“Oppa,” she started again and Minsuk his finger “ you are eating in your room?”
 
Minsuk stopped himself. His girlfriend realised it. Ran was a big friend with his sister and Minsuk immediately understood, that he was in deep….
“Ran, please don’t tell her, fine?”
Younger girl just chuckled and said “ You know, it’s all funny like you always play jerk in front of everyone, but when it comes to your sister, you are absolutely helpless, are you scared?”
 
“ I am not!” said Minsuk.
“ I don’t see it like that,”
“ Fine, whatever. My sister is important to me and I know she will be little angry with me, and she is going to give me hard time, so please…”
“I wouldn’t do it. But I will when you are going to be bad,” Ran threatened and continued “ I have to go, my sister is anxious what am I talking to you so long, so sorry, see you tomorrow. I love you,”
 
“ Fine,” said Minsuk and his heart was warm. He loved when his girlfriend said those three little words. He wasn’t sure, why he wasn’t able to express it the same way,
Minsuk spent another hour sorting the e-mails and stories from his classmates. He was lucky, that he saw the way it looked when it happened with Ran’s sister. That way, he was sure, which ones were just made up, and which ones were true.
 
From the fifteen e-mails he got, he found just four, that were somehow true.
Without properly washing the dishes he fell to his bed and fell asleep.
 

 

It was still little dark, when Minhee got from the kindergarten. She smiled at the sun that was just rising and breathed in the morning breeze.
Of course, she was exhausted, but not as much as she thought she will be. Children were that night surprisingly good, so she herself, was able to get some sleep.
Truthfully, she was happy, that she is going to have two free days after that day.
 
When she was walking by the place, where those two people managed to scare her, she paused. She felt little anxious about it and slowly walked.
What she didn’t know was that two eyes were watching her closely.
 
Yonguk was hidden in the shadow of one building. The day before he asked Himchan to find out when would Minhee come from work.  When he realised it was so soon in the morning, he immediately knew what he had to do.
From the moment captain Bang met Minhee, than was this hunch telling him that there is something wrong around her.
 
Daehyun and other BAP members thought it was because he liked her. To tell the truth he wasn’t sure about it either.  There was definitely something about her that he wanted to protect.
But it wasn’t just from attraction. He was sure about that.
 
Before, when BAP was formed, they all possessed those abilities necessary for someone who worked with crime. Bang Yonguk always felt something. He could see through people and their problems like through glass. And around Minhee was this aura. Very dangerous aura.
When he saw how she stopped in front of that place and started walking slower he sighed. He wanted to come and help her go through it, but it wasn’t a matter of desire.
He had to wait. That person who wants to do something bad to her, can’t see that there is someone looking after her there.
 
Yonguk before ordered a small cameras through the internet, but unluckily there were going to come in two days. So he had to watch her himself.
Not that he minded.
When was Minhee small, her mother always told her to be courageous and don’t fear anything. Minhee was always afraid of dark places when she was small. But her mother told her, that when she is afraid she has to sing, and she will be feeling better.
That day she again felt that she needed to sing for herself. So she started.
 
At first it was just mumbling, but in the end it raised into normal singing. Yonguk almost burst to laugh. She was too cute. He wasn’t able to tell what was she doing but, she from nothing started singing some kpop idol song and smiled from ear to ear.
 
Yonguk stopped smiling as he saw tall man coming from one side street. His muscles tensed and his brain shouted “ Go for him!”
But his instinct was telling him something else.
 
Man approached singing Minhee from behind and placed his hands on her eyes.
She yelped little bit and Yonguk jumped from his hiding place.
Minhee chuckled and took those hands from her eyes “ That’s a question Euntae?”
 
Yonguk immediately stepped back, and just watched them. Who was that guy?
“ You said you are going to see me, and look at you,” he said and she smirked “ That’s not the point, I am going to use you now, I am little scared at this place, so let me hold onto you, ok?”
“Fine, what happened?” Euntae asked and Yonguk’s heart constricted as he saw how Minhee naturally grabbed his arm.
“Nothing serious, I am just anxious,”
 
“I am going to take that like: I don’t want to talk about it, so shut up,” said Euntae and Minhee giggled “ See, I knew you were a clever guy,”
“ So, what about you and Sumi?”
Minhee sighed “ I still don’t understand why she hates me, like I don’t know, she doesn’t really talk about it a lot, and I feel little taken back with her attitude. If I could change what I did to her, I would do it,”
“ Maybe I can work for you as your informator,” he chuckled and Minhee stopped “ Really, you would?”
“ We were the famous trio in the school, remember, and still, not just you but also Sumi is my best friend, so I don’t want you two to be so bad to each other,”
 
“ I didn’t do anything wrong,” Minhee pouted and Euntae just rolled his eyes.
“ Are you sure? When you got angry with me, because I stole your notes, and you couldn’t  continue studying I came to your house every morning and gave you flowers, what did you do for her?”
Minhee thought about it little. Yeah, maybe he got a point.
 
Yonguk was smiling from ear to ear. So this guy was apparently, one of her friends from school. But there was something that was not leaving them. The strange presence of something bad.
Yonguk shook his head and followed them until they reached Han’s house.
 
Minhee turned to Euntae and asked “ By the way, what are you doing tonight?”
“ What do you want to ask me out? Finally?”
Minhee just slapped his arm and grimed “ NO, you are off limits,”
“ How do you mean that?” Euntae was lost in what she told him.
“ Not your problem, come tonight, we are having dinner with our friends, maybe you can help them little too,” said Minhee and Yonguk smiled at the way she said “ friends”.
 
He wasn’t sure that their relationship was a friendship. But somehow hearing that from her made him happy.
“ I will see, look after yourself, “ Euntae wanted to turn and go but Minhee cried after him “ You are coming my dear best friend!”
She opened the door on her house and disappeared inside.
 
Yonguk was sad that she disappeared. He loved watching her.
He slapped himself. No. He wasn’t supposed to like watching her. It was his work. No more, no less.
 

Let's have little Yonggukkie time.:D

HE IS SO FREAKING HANDSOME, MY BIAS: