1

The Chicken Case
1
 
“Ya! Don’t you run!” Minhee cried from kitchen and caught her brother’s collar. He was taller than her but couldn’t do his disappearing move.
“Fine, let me GO,” Minsuk turned to face his angry sister and caught the mess-tin that she stuffed to his arms.
“Be good and say hello to Ran,”
“Fine,”
“And say hello to ajjushi,
“Fine,”
“And don’t spent whole day in that office, I am going to check on you,”
“Aish, arasso!”
“What are you waiting for? Run!” Min-hee screamed and Minsuk shook his head. This noona of his, always so commanding about everything.
 
He ran. The breeze that morning was little chilly but he didn’t mind. Running was the thing he was good at and loved it,  he could think properly when he ran. The police office was not so far from his home, so in five minutes he rang on the ring and smiled.
“Creepy,” he sighed  “Ajjushi knows I am coming at this time, what is he doing?” he was talking to himself.
 
The office of police was small building. But because the town was so small just five people were working as officers. One of them was old ajjushi who also used the other part of the office as his home. Other four were just helping him, when things like cultural concerts were held. At other time, they worked normally.
Because Han’s family was very close with him and other policemen, Minsuk’s sister and grandma used to send him food every morning.
 
“What’s this?” Minsuk whispered for himself and scratched his brown-reddish hair.
Glancing on the watch on his hand he squealed, he had only ten minutes to get to the school, but with his running skills he should make it on time. But there was this little needle in his mind not disappearing.
He dropped food on the floor and decided to check it out. Building was yellow, although the plastering was scratched and looked really bad. The one storey building looked small from the front street. But the truth was that it was long house.
Minsuk peeked to the side to glance at the other entrance. The entrance door to the place ajjushi lived in.
 
Usually every Monday ajjushi had his laundry hanging on the rope between two trees. But today was different. Yard normally forgotten and not taken care off was now looking absolutely perfectly. Minsuk had got the feeling that every leaf was on his determined place, not moving from it.
Walking to the two windows he saw something he didn’t expected to see.
 
Two extremely tall men were talking. One had a big glasses on and blonde hair while other was fully dark.
He hid himself down biting his lip strongly. This wasn’t normal, whenever someone new came to this village people were talking about it strongly and also because he loved being  informed, he was the one who told others.
 
But now? Two strange men were In the police station and ajjushi was nowhere to be found?
 
He glanced at his watch again finding out that he had five minutes to get to school, he had to supress the curses flowing in his mind and ran to the front door.
The bowls were still here, he quickly wrote a small note on it and stick the green paper to it.
“Shoot!” he cried for himself and ran to the school like if his life depended on it.
 
When he on the crossroad turned to check the food again, it was gone.
 

 
Minsuk calmly held the doorknob and stick his jerk-smile on his face. He managed to live through this whole education system just because of Ran, so he didn’t mind when the teacher scolded him and ordered him to wash the hallway that day.
 
Scanning the bunch of kids he really didn’t like he found the one he was looking for. His gorgeous girlfriend. Every-time he landed with his eyes on her, his heart would stop beating and then beat rapidly. She was perfect.
Long brown hair cupping her small beautiful face with white skin, corresponding with the pink colour of her full lips, and that beautiful small nose……
She kicked him hard under the table causing him yelp and waking him from his daze.
And there came her character.
 
“Oppa! You are late again,” she scolded him while he rubbed the place on his leg that had she kicked.
“But…”
“No but, you again forgot about me and didn’t came for me! I was almost late too, fool,” she whispered and poison shot from her eyes.
Misuk held hands together as he sang for her “ Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. I know you must be angry but please, I have a reason, Ran,”
“No oppa, today I am going home with girls, screw you!” she whispered and looked at the teacher.
 
The teacher held a chalk in her hand and tossed it to both of them “ I think mister Han and Miss Kwon you have other places to discuss your relationship, not in my class,”
“ Mianheo,” both of them nodded their heads.
 
Everybody in the town knew that Minsuk the clingy brother of that Seoul girl Minhee dates Ranni the most intelligent student in that high school. Because the town was so small people also knew about the old argument between Ranni’s and Minsuk’s sisters which ended with Ranni’s sister’s tears when she couldn’t go to the university with Minhee.
That’s why the relationship between “ the second generation” was fully observed and old ajjumnas waited for the drama.
 
But Minsuk was not happy that his girlfriend was angry with him, he didn’t like the fact that forgot about her. But the worst thing for him was that he wasn’t going to receive his regular hugs and kisses from his sweet girlfriend.
“Stupid police office,” he wrote to his notebook instead of taking notes and after four minutes closed his eyes and his head rested on the desk.
 
Ranni wasn’t really angry with her boyfriend, who could get angry with him, when he slept pouting on his desk? But she knew that if she wanted to be respected by this jerk-fool boyfriend she needed to sulk little.
When the teacher wrote on the board and didn’t looked at the students she secretly kissed his booklet leaving the pink trace of her lips there.
“Pabo!” she whispered but smiled.
 
 

 

Minsuk walked home, disappointed when he saw how his girlfriend walked laughing with her friends. When she turned to wave at him he again plastered his jerk smile and nodded.
Eighteen-year old was bored, he didn’t have anybody to talk to, that was what Ran usually did, she listened to his never ending observations of neighbourhood.
 
He decided to check on ajjushi again, maybe the morning mystery would be solved.
As he approached the well-known yellow building he had a hunch about it. Something changed in this village.
Maybe it was because the school was going to end soon and the summer holidays were coming, but he knew that there was something off.
 
This time he knocked on the door not bothering to rang.
After few seconds the door opened and Minsuk’s breath got lost on his way to the lungs.
 
“Thank you for your hospitality, I heard about you, you must be Han Min-suk?!” the guy standing in front of him asked.
He was wearing the old police uniform, but it was loosened in several places because he was taller than a previous owner. But he was several cm smaller than Minsuk. But Minsuk was a tall giant, so it wasn’t surprising.  Man had brown hair and smooth skin, bigger eyes and pink lips. He had the reading glasses on the top of his nose.
 
Minsuk mouth was widely opened he couldn’t move an inch. Who was that guy?
Man in front of him apparently didn’t understand his shock and just asked  “Did you came for the mess-tin?”
Minsuk shook his head “ I didn’t, Annyeonghaseyo,” he bowed respectfully “Where is ajjushi? And what are you doing here?”
 
Man standing in front of him scratched his head apparently not knowing what to say “ Himchan, what can I say?”
 
Boy grew even more suspicious about those people, why he needed to ask what to say? Wasn’t there an obvious and easy answer?
 
“Tell him to come in,” deep voice instructed from inside and Minsuk had an urge to run. Who are those people?
But because of his curious mind he walked in followed with the sound of the bumping door.
He knew that building too well to be startled with the mess he was awaiting, what made him gasp for air when he found everything neatly organised in shelf and two people sitting in the uniforms, one on the table discussing something with another sitting on the chair.
 
Both man turned to face the teenager. One of them the one on the table clapped and said with his deep and husky voice “ Come on here, we have a visitor,”
Another three guys walked in, one almost tall as Minsuk, another was just cm smaller and the last one was probably the tiniest of them all.
Minsuk was facing them ready to get his answer.
 
“Guess we have to introduce ourselves, we wanted to wait little bit, but never mind,” the one with husky voice said.
“We are the substitution for an officer that was here, he went on a trip and told us about you and your family. That you may come. For three months we are going to stay here,”
“So ajjushi is not here? But he promised that I can come and train with him,” Minsuk told them sulking little bit. He wanted to be accepted to the police academy. But his fighting skills were terrible.
 
Six men in front of him looked at each other and one who hadn’t spoken, the shortest one said “ We can teach you if you want,”
“I don’t know,” Minsuk answered according to what he felt, he needed to ask his noona. She would had killed him if he trained with some wierdos.
“I think we should introduce ourselves,” the guy who was sitting on the chair said, his voice was melodic for a guy.
 
“I am Kim Him-Chan,” the one with the husky voice said “ I am the captain of this team,” he introduced himself. Minsuk took a better glance of him. He had fierce eyes, small lips and black longer hair. If he wasn’t talking in front of Minsuk he would absolutely think that he is a wallpaper.
“ My name is Yoo Young Jae,” the one who opened the door for Minsuk said and fixed his little glasses.
“I am Jeong Dae Hyun,” the one sitting on the chair said. There was something strange in his eyes, his lips were thick and he had brown hair.
“ Choi Jung Hong,” the tallest one said “ but call me Zelo,” he had blond hair with slight of blue in it. On his nose rested pair of big glasses and Minsuk immediately knew that he was the one he saw in the morning.
“Moon Jong-up,” the smaller guy said(although he was an average height guy) and Minsuk observed him closely. He had slightly reddish hair almost the same colour as himself.
 
His gaze rested on the last one. He was almost the same height as Zelo. He had dark brown hair styled up and the boxers on his hands. He looked like a gangster. And when he opened his mouth and his voice came out Minsuk was sure he was a bad guy.
“ Bang Yong Guk,” he said.
 
“Tell your noona we loved the meal, and you can come tomorrow, we are going to discuss your training,” Youngjae said and Minsuk nodded “ Thank you hyung,”
 
With those words he left and men stared at each other “This is just going greater and greater,” Daehyun remarked and everybody nodded.
 

 

When Yonguk, the one with boxers on went to finish his daily training he smiled for himself “ Who are we?”
 
 Yonguk and Himchan 14 years old
 
“Oppa, oppa,”my best and only friend cried at me, causing me to stop writing. I stood up looking at her. She was younger and smaller than me, the school nerd, the one that was bullied by everyone, well until she met me. I was a totally opposite of her, everybody feared me, I was growing up quicker than other boys in my age. And my voice was deep, but from the moment  my voice started mutating, it was even worse.
 
I don’t know why just based on my appearance everybody thought I was a bad guy and leader of some gang. It wasn’t true. But when I realized there wasn’t anything I could do to prove them wrong, I adjusted to it.
 
“What is it Leni?” I coughed surprised that my voice went out normal.
Her face  was stained with tears and she sat next to me on the staircase.
“My grandma was fired,” she burst to cry again. That was bad, I knew that she studied harder than others to help her family. Her grandma was the only one with stable job.
“Why it is so?”
“A boy came from city, to live with his grandparents, and that’s where my grandma worked. He said he found her slow, so they fired her,” she sniffed causing me to jump from anger.
“What’s his name?”
 
“Yongukkie oppa, don’t do anything bad,”Leni pleaded but I had already been in rage. Yeah, that was my weak point I was too emotional and when it had happened I left all my brain cells behind.
“His name is Kim Himchan,” Leni said.
On next day I decided to find this Kim Himchan. I waited in front of school and immediately spotted him, the boy with fancy outfit.
Grabbing his collar I pushed him out of the school causing him fall down. He looked like a doll, not like a boy.
 
I had beaten him up, until he whined to stop, with tears in his eyes he asked “What did I do to you?”
“You made my friend sad and because of you her grandma lost her job!” I screamed and added “Don’t ever let me see your face, I will beat you next time too,”
Surprisingly next day boy named Kim Himchan went to see me, and as I promised I laid my hands on him again.
He came to get his beating four times. I was surprised, such a doll boy being so manly?
So on the fourth time I asked “ Why are you doing this?”
“Because I was wrong,” he answered wiping the blood coming from his lip.
 
“Oppa! Yongukkie oppa!” Leni cried from far and waved at me.
“What is it?”
“Grandma has a work,” she ran to me hugging me tightly and bowing to Himchan in desolate state. As it turned out, this Kim kid had persuaded his grandparents to give Leni’s grandma better job. And they did.
 
From that moment on Himchan, Leni and I had become the never separating trio. We were the ones that everyone feared, although there wasn’t lot to fear.
 
Yonguk and Himchan 16 years old
 
“You are going to the military school,” said my mother looking at me with tears in her eyes “ I am sorry, I know you are smart, but we can’t pay you normal university. My old friend said you can take the test sooner than others. Because you are grown up,”
I nodded, it was ok. I didn’t have any dream about what to do with my life. But what pained me was that I wouldn’t be able to see Leni and………”Wait!” someone cried from our doorstep peaking inside.
 
It was getting hard to get used to Himchan’s new voice. His voice had become deep and husky. But mine was deeper anyway.
“I am going with you,” he stood beside me. My eyes opened wide “ But you can go to any school you want,”
“But I always wanted to follow footsteps of my grandfather, it’s not because of you,” he punched me hard to stomach.
Did I mention that I taught him how to fight?
 
And that is  how we left our town, besides our parents there probably wasn’t anything we missed. Well, except of Leni. She was beautiful girl, always nerdy and although I might look like a beast without emotions I knew that Himchan was in love with her.
“Tell her,” I said to him as we were sitting in the bus heading to the military camp.
 
“I won’t tell her anything. But one day, I am going to find her and marry her,”he blurted out and I punched him “What if she is going to be married?”
“Then I kill him,” Himchan shrugged his shoulders at me “ Isn’t that what we are going to learn there?”
 
Well, at that time I didn’t know how right he was.
 
 
 
Yonguk and Himchan 22 years old
 
“Congratulations! You had finished your training,” the captain said and we saluted. All of guys from our class had got a place to work in. We were much younger than them, because we started sooner. When both of us were 18 we were transferred from normal military class to special force class.
“You two, come with me,” our captain said and we marched behind him.
 
“Sit down,” he instructed as he pointed on two chairs in his office “Himchan and Yonguk,” he was strolling the records of our education “You are very impressive. That’s why our government had chosen you two as a new project. Special unit to be exact. In two years you will have a chance to choose three members. You have to train with them and undergo several missions. Although you are the same charge I need to name one leader. And that would be,” he jumped from me to Himchan “ Kim Himchan, congratulations,”
 
I was glad that wasn’t me. I had never imagined to have such responsibility and with my own impulsive behaviour, it was the best decision.
 
“Hyung, it’s time to change,” Daehyun said and held the swinging punching bag. Yonguk nodded and tossed the mittens from his hands.
He patted the shoulder of his dongsaeng and said “ Have nice training, by the way is Yongjae done with his daily poisoning?”
 
Daehyun smiled and punched the bag once “ He is, if he didn’t die,”
 

Hi:D It's me again...I am not sure if this story is going to have subscribers! But anyway...those who will come to my first chapter by coincidence, I want to say HELLO:-)

I am currently trying to do myself some poster....but I think I am going to fail badly...so I will have to ask for help.

But anyways...I am going to update every 5 days(maybe sooner). Because the chapters are longer, it takes more time to write one...and I have my school work...

But it wont take more than those 5 days! I swear!

 

Stay healthy...and I hope you like what I have written:D

 

BYEBYE:D