8th Mission - Bloom

Ghost Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai stared at Sehun who was doing his math homework right across the table in the silent library. His eyes was staring at Sehun's sleepy orbs before it fell on his cherry lips. It reminded him of the kiss they shared in Sehun's room a week ago before Sehun ignored him for giving such soft feeling a chance to knock on his heart. He drew a finger and unconsciously touched his lips as if he can still feel the other boy's lips on it. Jongdae noticed the tension on Kai when he pulled him away from Baekhyun and Sehun towards a book shelf.

"You should stop staring at him like that, Kamjjong. You're so obvious!" Jongdae slapped him on the back of the head and he accidentally hit his head against the thick books.

"W-what? I don't know what do you mean by that..." Kai rubbed his forehead with his eyes looking at anything but his twin.

"Stop denying it, brother. I know you like Sehun since the bubble tea outing. Am I right?" Kai's face flushed red as he turned away from Jongdae's sneaky smile.

"Stop saying like you know everything, Dae-hyung...I-I was just looking. I'm not feeling anything for him..." Kai stuttered with his eyes looking back at their occupied table. He could see Sehun trying to teach Baekhyun the algebra that he just learnt. Look like Sehun knows better than-

"Look at that! You're eyeing him again, just like you did in the class earlier! I know you better than anyone else, dude. It's okay if you like him. I'm not going to make fun of it. Making fun of others' feeling is rude." Jongdae leaned his shoulder against the shelf with his eyes fixed on his fidgeting brother.

"Are you sure you won't make fun of me? I know it's too obvious but I can't stop looking at him, you know? Lately, he looks so lovable and...kissable..." Kai's head bowed so low so he can hide his red face from Jongdae's phone camera but Jongdae did not do anything about it. He put a hand on Kai's shoulder, giving him a sign to look up.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, bro. I'll help you with this. Are you sure you want to confess? Then, you need to spend more time with him. Why don't we bring him to the company to watch our practice? I know he'll like it." Jongdae bumped their shoulders and took his satisfied brother back to the table to tell Sehun about another outing.

 

 

"Hey, the military are coming to our station for some briefing about the case and inspection. I heard that they are taking over our case." Jonghyun informed his senior and received a frown on his face. Jongwoon had never expected that. They did everything to get information regarding the case, files are piling up as they speak and now, the military simply come around to snatch it from them?

"The military? What the ? They knew we've been all over this case for months and now, they want us to hand it over to them?! Hell no!" Jongwoon banged his hand on the desk and the other colleagues craned their necks to see the source of noise. Jongwoon knew why the military wanted to take over the case. One of the mobs' informants died two weeks ago in a fire.

Not a mere person but a famous celebrity. It shook the whole country to hear about the fire incident. Kwon Jiyong was killed in a fire, that is what the tabloid wanted the public to believe when everyone in the underground knew it was just the beginning for the upcoming war. It is a warning for them. Smaller mob have retreated but the bigger ones took it as a chance to point their fingers at each other.

"We can't go against them, Kim Jongwoon-ssi. They are authorized to take over the case when it becomes too dangerous for us to continue the investigation. They knew the risk better than us." Park Jongsoo, their captain appeared with a cup of coffee in his hand as he walked towards the detectives. It was a bad decision to get involved in the underground matters but too many deaths reported since the alley fight a month ago. Deaths reported as accidents are just cover to warn others.

"B-but we did all the studies, have done all sort of investigation and we even have our own intel! We're in too deep to hand this case over! They can't do this to us!" Jongwoon snapped but quickly shut his mouth when Jongsoo shushed him.

"We're just mere government servants. The military is placed above us in the heirarchy, right under the Council. Never question their power in making decision, Jongwoon. The system we're talking about are the Command and their Order. All I can tell you that they're much more capable than us to work on this case. It has gone far too dangerous than we thought it'd be." The captain knew how it feels like to have their case be handed over to the upperhand. It is like taking a baby from its own mother. He fought a lot for the case but he could not risk his job and his fellow officers' lives for a credit. The military intended to finish the case once and for all without any more interference.

 

Jonghyun could not blame Jongwoon from being extra grumpy on that particular day where the military delegate come to the station. Five black sedans stopped in front of the entrance escorting their delegate.

"W-wait, who's that kid? The one in black suit and shades." Jonghyun asked his superior with his finger pointing at the blonde young man whohad just entered the station with a few armed soldier behind him.

"He's ain't no kid, Jonghyun. That's Colonel Kim Joonmyun, one of the Commands that's gonna lead the briefing today." A few officers gasped and whispered around when they saw the young leader walking gracefully in Armani suits into the station with soldiers behind him watching everyone like a hawk.

"He's so damn young! He must have pulled some strings to be where he is now..." Jongwoon muttered but Jongsoo chuckled at his words.

"So you didn't know that I've been with the army before I was demoted for failing the test for the secret service. I was in the same troop with him when we were just a private but he rose so quick in the rank because of his ability to excel in everything. I believe he is a natural born leader. I'm not surprised to see him giving orders to us today." Jongsoo smiled when he remembered the moment he shared with Joonmyun at the base camp years ago. He almost went crazy doing all the test to be an agent but Joonmyun kept him sane until he left the army for good. He still suffers from PTSD because of the extreme commando training though. He wondered how Joonmyun survived all that.

"Are you serious? He looks like someone who just came out of manhwa! He's the chaebol guy I'd always squint my eyes at."

"He's 27 years old. He's the youngest member of the Command. No one ever seen a Command walking around like Kim Joonmyun. Pray that the other three look like him." Jonghyun gasped at the information their leader just gave. The army representative was actually much younger than him and Jongwoon but he is already a high ranking military officer working directly under the President and the Council.

"You look surprised. I guess this is the first time you heard about the Command and its Order." Jongsoo doubts anyone would know about the organization. The secret service called The Order is less known amongst the police. The army always keep them in the shadow, out of sight of the public. After Joonmyun entered the Command, he was responsible to every public relation regarding the Order. Most of the time, the other Commands hide behind him while he takes care of the Order to keep them under control.

"Colonel Kim has summoned all the officers to gather in the briefing hall. Let's move, guys. We're running late!" Another officer called everyone out for the meeting and every officers grumpily left their desk for the two-hour case briefing.

"I know it's hard for you to let go of the case you've been working on so hard for months. But I know better than to keep you guys working on this case anymore. It has become too dangerous for any police officers to get involved and I can't risk you all for something that an Order can do with a flick of their finger. I can see a lot of you opposing my decision on this so instead of taking this case to the military police, your unit can keep doing your investigation but I'll send one of the Orders to help." The young colonel opened up a file cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter