four

Nothing Better Than You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINAH

 

I can't believe I'm actually doing this right now. I closed my eyes tightly and took a deep breath. it up Minah. You can do this. It's all for the family... All for the family.

 

I guess Kai was just as surprised as I was when I got down on my knees on the dirty sand, literally begging him to be my partner.

 

"Please be my partner... please," I said quietly, feeling the heat grow on my cheeks. 

 

"What's in it for me?" Kai asked more calmly as he looked away towards the water uncomfortably. "Get up first. I don't like people begging on their knees. It makes me feel... awkward."

 

I stood up just like he instructed and patted the sand off my pants. I was lucky I didn't wear a dress or leggings. The sand would've been harder to get rid of. "Uhm... I'll uh... split the prize money with you." It came out sounding like a question, rather than a statement.

 

He snapped his head back at me and snickered. "You guarantee that you win?"

 

"I mean, as long as we try right?" 

 

"Try... right. But how can a girl with a pathetic body win?"

 

I clenched my fist. "Pathetic?!" My voice came out louder and angrier.

 

"Oh ho ho ho. Your angry self is coming out again," he tsked me and wagged his finger in front of my face. I took two steps backward.

 

"Just so you know, I can be a very athletic person," I bluffed. "So what do you say? Split the prize money and never see each other again?" 

 

"I like the never see each other again part, but I don't need the money." What is he? Rich? 

 

"Fine. Then I'll take the money and we never see each other again," I started marching up the sand where the other partners were talking.

 

He followed along behind me and had his hand on my shoulder, spinning me around towards him. 

 

"Yah, where do you think you're touching?" I held both of my shoulders with my arms, forming a X. What? Is this guy a ert? He better not be touching anywhere else on my body before I twist both of his arms.

 

Instead he laughed. "Yah, do you think I want to touch your body? It's not attractive at all."

 

"What do you want now?"

 

"You think you can just take the money and go? I want something too," he placed both of his hands on his hips. Well isn't he sassy?

 

"Then what do you want?"

 

"Give me your phone number," he said, handing me his phone.

 

My eyebrows furrowed. "Uhm... you see... I'm not looking to be in any relationship at the moment so I can't really―" 

 

"Are you stupid?"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Just put your number in my phone first." I handed his phone back to him after doing so.

 

"Why do you need my number?" I was almost afraid to ask.

 

"You are going to be my slave for 1 full day. It can be whenever, so be alert when I call you," he grinned.

 

"Slave? No way. Don't you remember the part where I said, after the games we won't see each other ever again?" It was my turn to tap my temple with my index finger.

 

"If not... I guess I won't play then," he said as he slowly walked away.

 

"FINE!" I yelled desperately. How can I be so unlucky to meet such a demon like him, who wants me to be his personal slave for a day? I've already humiliated myself once by begging on my knees, but now he wants me to humiliate myself again. I've never been this embarrassed in my life. He must be enjoying this so well as I watched him skip like a child to the other groups. If only I can go back in time and not approach that stupid cupcake. In my dreams...

 

"Is everyone ready to play?!" The speaker asked cheerfully. Everyone screamed yes, while I whispered no. 

 

From the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of Kai staring at me. He better not have any erted thoughts.

 

"Stop staring at me," I whispered.

 

"Why would I be staring at you?" Kai whispered back.

 

"Don't lie. I know you did. I have hawk eyes you know. And you better not be thinking of anything stupid before I really smack you hard."

 

"Huh. I can't promise you that," he sneered. 

 

I briefly looked at him. His lips curled up into a smile and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter