thirteen

Nothing Better Than You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

The day quickly turned into night. The sky was pitch black as Minah and I decided to take a stroll on the boardwalk. Her soft, small hand was interlaced with mine.

 

Without a word, we walked side by side, our hands tangled with each other as we swung it back and forth. I would sometimes steal a glance at Minah, only finding her looking at me as well. We would both giggle, and turn away. I loved how peaceful and beautiful she looked at the moment. Her beauty was so mesmerizing, I couldn’t stop myself from not admiring her. At the same time, I couldn’t help but worry about what she was going to tell me.

 

"Let's sit on the bench, I'm getting tired of walking," Minah says.

 

When we sat on the cold bench, I nervously said, "I have something to tell you..."

 

"No, I want to tell you something first,” Minah interrupts, “Or else, I won't be able to lift the heavy weight off my shoulders."

 

Before I could say anything else, Minah continues to speak without hesitation. My heart beats quickly, faster than the speed of light.

 

"I've been thinking about everything that has happen today, starting from the morning," she begins to say.

 

Oh no, this does not sound good. Does it have something to do with my confession earlier? Her serious tone scares me.

 

"And after talking with Jiyeon, I made up my mind."

 

What did Jiyeon say to her? She probably told her my dark, embarrassing history and convinced Minah not to like me.

 

"So does that mean you know everything about me when I was in Korea?" I mumbled.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Oh." I closed my eyes, not wanting to look her in the eye because of my foolish acts. I didn't want to expose this part of me to her, but I guess secrets will be told eventually.

 

"So, what I'm trying to say is..."

 

"Wait!" I interrupted, "I don't want to hear it."

 

"I didn't even say anything."

 

"But I know what you are about to say,” I looked down and played with my fingers on my lap, “And since it's going to hurt, it'll be better if you just don't say anything."

 

"What are you talking about? Can you just let me speak?" She said in disbelief.

 

"I don't think I'm ready to hear it,” I say honestly.

 

She put her warm hands on my cheeks, forcing me to look at her. Her red face was visible in the dark sky, but I'm pretty sure my face was even more red.

 

"Kai, I want to tell you that..." Here it comes. My heart skipped a beat, not wanting to hear the words. "I want to be your girlfriend."

 

My heart skipped a beat again. Those were not the words I was expecting. But those words were even better. I had to make sure I heard things right. "You want to be my girlfriend?" I ask again.

 

"Is that not what you wanted me to say?" She looked away, embarrassed, as she started to get up. I immediately pulled her back down and held her in my arms.

 

She looked confused and startled.

 

"I want you to be my girlfriend," I finally confessed.

 

"So we're officially a couple," she thought timidly with her cheeky smile and her moon shaped eyes that I have come to love.

 

Her beautiful presence, her beautiful mind, everything about her is beautiful. I'm so grateful that she liked me back and decided to be my girlfriend.

 

We stared into each other's eyes silently for more than 3 long seconds. The love doctor, Kyungsoo hyung, has told me that if we looked into each other's eyes like Romeo and Juliet, I should always go for it. He told me that the man is suppose to lead the relationship.

 

With the words that were kept in my mind, I slowly leaned forward, placed my hand behind Minah's head and kissed her soft, plump lips. She laid her arms by her sides and kissed me back. I moved my hands down to the sides of her neck and kissed her more. The night was just as beautiful as Minah was. I couldn't control my feelings for her, and every time I look at her, my feelings for her get stronger and stronger.  

 

How did I find someone as perfect and beautiful as her?

 

After a while, Minah lifted her head up to catch her breath. I brushed through her soft, brown hair with my fingertips, while looking at her irresistible eyes. She shyly took a quick glimpse at my eyes, then laid her head on my shoulder.

 

“What did you want to tell me before?” Minah spoke.

 

“Nothing,” I replied as I p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter