fifteen

Nothing Better Than You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI

 

Like any ordinary day, I wake up to the nice aroma of D.O’s cooking and the loud gawking of seagulls. Minah’s smiling face comes to mind causing me to smile. She was the first person I thought of when I wake up, and the last person I thought of before I go to sleep.

 

I take my phone from the nightstand and quickly send her a text: Is my sunshine awake yet?

 

I was about to click on the call button, when her reply came in. Sunshine, huh? So cheesy >.< I’ve been up since an hr ago ;) Don’t tell me you just got up >:/

 

I smile while quickly typing back. Looks like someone is excited for today ;D hehe I’ll pick you up in 30 minutes~ see you later sunshine!

 

With that, I threw my phone on the bed and ran to the bathroom to prepare for the day ahead. I can feel it was going to be exciting!

 

*****

Minah gasps as we arrived in front of the dance studio. I smile, watching her eyes glisten in excitement.

 

“Kai, we’re really going here for our date?” she asks, giving me a strange look.

 

“Mhm!” I nod while brushing the strand of hair that was caught in by the wind, since the roof of the car was up. She blushes and thanks me shyly. She is just too cute. “Are you disappointed?”

 

“Nope. As long as I’m with you, anywhere is fine. It’s just a very unexpected place for a date…”

 

I unbuckle my seatbelt and run to the other side of the car. I hold the door open for my lady. “Come on. I have to show you lots of things!”

 

“I didn’t know you could dance,” Minah says, linking an arm around mine. It became more natural for us to do the usual couple skinship as we hang out more. Even if it’s been some time since we dated, everything she did made my heart skip a beat, even if it was small, like texting me a sweet message.

 

“Well I did go to a performing arts school,” I inform her, hoping that it’ll make her think that I’m a cooler guy than she already thinks I am.

 

She gasps even more, “Really! That’s so cool. No wonder you have that charisma.”

 

I laugh hysterically, overwhelmed by her reaction. “I’m sure you’ll be even more surprised once you see me dance,” I smirk.

 

I hold onto her hands tightly as we enter the dance studio. I haven’t been in here for a while. I wonder how things have been running here.

 

“Hey Kai! Is that you?!” Taemin comes running to me. He was the owner of the dance studio, aka my other best friend.

 

“Hell yea!” I shared a friendly hug with my brother from another mother. Afterwards, we did our secret handshake that we came up with since we were young. Every time we met, we would add another step to our handshake. As we got older, we tend to mess it up and ended up making it more simpler so that we would remember forever, even when we turn into grandpas.

 

“And who’s this beautiful lady standing beside you? Care to introduce?” Taemin winks at Minah slyly.

 

“Yah, watch your actions,” I scold while I playfully smack his shoulder. “This is my girlfriend, Minah. And Minah, this is my best friend, also the owner of this dance studio,” I introduce.

 

“Ahhhh so you’re the girl that got Kai so in love!” Taemin extends a hand. “I’m Taemin! It’s an honor to meet such a beautiful lady like you.”

 

“Same here,” Minah says shyly. Ugh, don’t tell me she was falling for Taemin’s tricks. I quickly unlink Minah and Taemin’s hands.

 

“Aish, hyung, that’s enough. We’re here on a date.” I emphasized the last word hoping for him to get the message.

 

“Oh! Right, can’t bother the couple!” He giggles. “Here’s the key to the dance room. It’s all yours.”

 

“Thank you.” I take the keys from his hand and hold Minah’s hand again.

 

“You owe me Kai!” Taemin shouts from down the hallway.

 

“Wow, you guys seem to be really close friends. It’s nice to see you have other friends other than D.O,” Minah chuckles.

 

“Yah, are you saying I don’t have friends?” I say frowning.

 

Minah shakes her head, holding onto both of my hands. “It’s something new I learned about you. I like to learn more about you.” Minah smiles at me contagiously. Gosh, she is beautiful. She was making my heart melt all over again.

 

“Well, are you ready to learn more about me?” I raise an eyebrow at her.

 

“Show me what you got!” she dared.

 

Minah sits at the side of the dance studio as I started warming up. I felt her intense gaze on me and decided to a bit.

 

“Don’t you find me stretching a bit y?”

 

Her cheeks turn red and she starts standing up as well. “No I just really liked how you’re so flexible. I want to stretch too.” She pretends to move around by circling her arms around.

 

I laugh, “Okay, let’s do the warm ups together! Come here.” I sit down on the floor and spread my legs open. She sat across, facing me, and copied my position. The back of our feets met as our arms stretched forward.

 

I interlaced our hands together. “Let’s stretch first.”

 

“Ah!” Minah yelps as I pull her arms forward, making her legs burn. “Aish, go easy on me!”

 

“C’mon you can do it! My girlfriend isn’t a weak one,” I smile at her encouragingly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter