Two

Dead hearts

Two.

 

 

“No.” Kyungsoo says rather sternly as he flips through the channels on TV that is put on the shared common room at their flat.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol groaned at the same time. “Come on, Kyung. You should loosen up a little bit. A few drinks and a little dances will never kill you.” Baekhyun says in exasperation.

 

“Why don’t you two just go to Jongin’s party and leave me alone?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow.

 

“Because we love you and want you to get laid.” Baekhyun smiles, throwing his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders with Chanyeol nodding his head beside him.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “I’ve already got laid before and I don’t love you both of you.”

 

The two of them gasp and put their own hands on their chests, pretending that someone just shoots their chest.

 

“Just go, Kyung. I’m going too.” Jongdae mumbles from the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol beams and walks towards Jongdae, kissing his cheek. “Have I ever told you that I love you so much?”

 

Jongdae rolls his eyes. “Uh, yeah, when you need something.”

 

Baekhyun turns his head to Kyungsoo who still remains apathetic.  “Are you coming or not?”

 

 

####

 

 

Kyungsoo definitely starts regretting his life choices. Why the did he agree to come with them? He curses himself for being so thoughtless and easy for hundred times that night.

 

He does not even know who the hell Jongin is. (Well, he knows who he is but he doesn’t know know him, like they never talk to each other or learn each other’s name directly, not that Jongin knows his name anyway but well, maybe he knows his name through Baekhyun and Chanyeol) Kyungsoo looks around and decides that maybe sneaks out to leave the party and heads back to their dorm is a good choice. He just simply doesn’t understand why Baekhyun and Chanyeol are so persistent in asking him to come. They definitely could have the night of their lives without him anyway.

 

He turns around and yeah he definitely needs to question out his life choices. He should just look around first before turning around because then he would not have bumped into someone and managed to soak his shirt.

 

“Oh dear God. I am sorry. I didn’t look carefully.” The person who bumps into him apologise.

 

Kyungsoo looks up from his shirt with a visible frown in his face, he is not even trying to be civil and says ‘oh it’s okay, it’s my fault anyway. I wasn’t looking around’ instead he says, “That red drink is all over my shirt right now.”

 

The person pouts, doesn’t know what to do. “I’m sorry. I’ll just find something and help you to wipe it.” The person quickly leaves him alone before he can even say something.

 

“It’s not like it will help to remove the stain anyway.” He mutters quietly, wanting to leave but someone grabs his wrist and drags him to the couch.

 

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. I really do.” Bomi mumbles, wiping his shirt with a rag that she manages to find.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything and just watch her wiping his shirt with a rag and the rag is just so dirty and he is sure that it is just going to make his shirt even dirtier. He stops her and sighs. “It’s okay. Just stop. I’ll just wash my shirt and pray that the stain will be gone.” He mutters.

 

Bomi flinches with the sharp tone he is using. “I’m sorry.” She sighs, looking at him in the eye. “I make you hate me even more.” She smiles faintly.

 

It takes all of Kyungsoo’s power not to blurt out a yes to her. “Why would you say that?”

 

She lets out a soft laugh. “Because I can see it on your face. You would always glare at me or sigh in desperation or just ignore my whole existence whenever I’m around you. It looks like to you, I’m just a pest.” She pauses, pursing her lips. “I’m sorry that you had to see me…you know.”

 

Kyungsoo groans. “I momentarily forgot about that and now thanks to you, I remember that horrible incident again. Why didn’t both of you just do it at his room?” He asks, totally do not understand why Chanyeol and Bomi had to have at the janitor room where they cannot lock the door.

 

“Don’t ask me. It was Chanyeol’s idea. He said that it was kin—“

 

“Okay, you don’t have to explain.” He stops her before he can hear the word that is going to make the nightmare even worse.

 

She giggles and that is the first time for him to hear that and it is not that he cares anyway. “I’m surprised that Baekhyun and Chanyeol managed to convince you to come.”

 

Kyungsoo lets out a deep sigh. ”I’m questioning my sanity right now. I don’t understand why they had to force me to come though.”

 

“You didn’t know?” Bomi asks.

 

He nods his head. “You knew something?”

 

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure everyone in this flat knew it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Bang Minah has a huge crush on you and the only thing that can make her coming to Jongin’s party is if you come to this party. Jongin likes Minah by the way if you don’t understand why Minah has to come to this party.”

 

“Who is Bang Minah?”

 

“You don’t know Minah? She is studying music with vocal as her major.”

 

“How did she know me? We study different things and our faculty campuses are very far from each other, it is almost impossible for us to bump into each other.”

 

Bomi shrugs. “Minah knows everyone in this university and don’t even ask me how. But, maybe she saw you in one of the parties that you attended.”

 

“I never saw her, not even once, in my whole life.”

 

“Maybe you actually did bump into her, it’s just that you’re so apathetic with everything and everyone around you.” She smiles softly at him.

 

He shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t see the reason why I have to care with everything and to everyone around me. Thinking about my whole life is already hard enough, let alone thinking about others.”

 

She laughs and again, that is the first time for him to hear her laughter.

 

“I like the way you think.” She grins.

 

He doesn’t know how to respond to that so he just stays quiet. But then he remembers the reason why his two stupid flatmates were so persistent. “So, Baekhyun and Chanyeol forced me to come here because of that girl? Why would they want to help Jongin?”

 

“Uhm, because they’re friends and Jongin promised them hot girls, beers and weeds anyway so yeah.”

“I thought you were dating Chanyeol? Why would you so cool about the fact that Chanyeol will hang out with other girls?”

 

She crunches her forehead in a cute way and that is the first time for him to see it.

 

“We’re not dating. Who told you?”

 

“No one but both of you…?”

 

Her face flushes in embarrassment. “Oh, it’s just a casual . Not a big deal. It happens a lot of times with him. We’re just…friends. Yeah, friends.”

 

“With benefit.” Kyungsoo adds.

 

Bomi stares at him before bursting into laughter that is so loud startling him. “Yeah, I guess you can say that. Friends with benefits.”

 

Kyungsoo nods his head. He glances at the clock on the wall before standing up. “I think I’ll just back to my room.” He mumbles.

 

“Oh, okay then. See you, Kyungsoo.” She waves at him and he just nods his head, walking out of Jongin’s flat to the lift. The lift doors slide opens a moment later before he steps in and punches the floor button where his flat is located. It takes him until he is about to go to sleep when he realises that he talked to Bomi for quite a long time for the very first time and he decides that maybe he doesn’t really hate her after all.

 

 

####

 

 

Kyungsoo attends his class again the next morning and he is two minutes late because Baekhyun and Chanyeol were making fuss in the morning. He has to carry them to their own rooms before having his breakfast and that is why he is two minutes late and not to mention that he has to run as well. He bows his head slightly at the professor who just nods his head and lets him to take a seat. He looks up and silently prays that no one is sitting at this seat.

 

His eyes twinkle in happiness when he notices that the seat is empty. He walks up to his usual seat and frowns when he sees a bag is there.

 

“I saved this seat for you.”

 

He looks at the source of the voice and sees Bomi is grinning at him before taking her bag from the seat and putting it under her legs. “I noticed that you always sat here.” She whispers.

 

He just nods his head and sits beside her, taking out his notes and pencil case out of his backpack. He does not say anything after that and focuses on the slides that are projected on the board. He sighs as he notices that he has missed out a slide.

 

“Don’t worry. Just copy my notes later.” She whispers and he nods his head, not leaving his attention away from the board.

 

Two hours later and Kyungsoo is dying with all of the information of Theory of organisation behaviours that occupies his head at the moment.

 

“Here, I wrote it for you. Just take it.” Bomi smiles, handing him a piece of paper that has some scribbles on it.

 

He nods his head, taking the paper from her and slips it in between the papers of his own notes.

 

“You never say thank you to anyone, do you?”

 

He looks at her in confusion. “What?”

 

“I saved your precious seat and give you that note and the only thing you did was only nodding your head. A thank you would be nice, you know?” She crosses her arms with a pout on her face.

 

“Ah. Right. Thanks.” He mumbles.

 

She lets out a deep sigh, shaking her head. “Anyone will be upset if you’re being like this, Kyungsoo. You have to be sincere.

 

“I am.”

 

She snorts. “Of course you are.”

 

“I don’t understand why do you care so much about this? I already said thank you, did I?”

 

She stares at him the way he cannot really decipher the meaning behind it. She just shakes her head before whispering; “Sometimes you just can’t live like this forever, Kyungsoo.” She leaves him alone in the auditorium.

 

He scowls. “What is she talking about? What a weird girl.”

 

Well, Kyungsoo decides that maybe he hates her after all.

 

 

 

####

 

 

Today is Tuesday, the day where he can meet his most favourite person in the world. The more he reaches the place, the lighter the step that he takes. His all smiles and giddy, a sight that you rarely see. He knocks on the door a few times before sliding the door open. The person inside the room looks up from his book and plugs off the earphones of his ears.

 

“Look who is here.” The person says, smiling widely. Kyungsoo jogs towards the person with his arms open widely. The person embraces Kyungsoo as tight as he can, patting his back a few times before pulling away.

 

Kyungsoo smiles, taking a seat at the plastic chair beside the bed. “What are you reading, hyung?”

 

“Oh, this book is called the fault in our stars. Pretty good.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns. “Is it a book of people who are dying because of illness again? Minseok Hyung, stop reading that kind of book! I already told you that thousand times! You’re not dying!” Kyungsoo snatches the book from Minseok and throws it across the private hospital room.

 

Minseok gives him a soft smile, ruffling his head. “It’s okay, Kyungsoo. I’m fine. They moved me to here from Intensive care unit, didn’t they? I’m fine. Those kinds of books won’t affect me. A lot of people say that that book is really good, that’s why I asked my mom to buy it for me.”

 

Kyungsoo is still frowning, the type of face that he normally has on a daily basis, but his gaze is softening. “Yeah, I was so relieved when Aunty told me that they already moved you to the normal room.”

 

“I was kind of hoping that they would put me in the hospital wards instead of the private room though. I’m so bored and it’s not like I can walk around and go to the common area.” Minseok pouts.

 

“Hyung, I’m here! You won’t get bored!” Kyungsoo whines.

 

Minseok laughs. “I know that.” He pauses, staring at him with grateful gaze. “Thank you, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles, his eyes turn into half crescent moons but then his face turns serious when he remembers what happened to him awhile ago. “Oh, Hyung.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Kyungsoo begins to tell him what happened between him and Bomi and Minseok has to clutch onto his stomach because laughing too much.

 

“Hyung! Why are you laughing?” He pouts and Minseok pinches his cheek.

 

“Because you’re cute, that’s why.” He chuckles, taking his hand away from his cheek. “Kyungsoo, do you want me to tell you a story?”

 

Kyungsoo frowns, not really understands what Minseok is trying to say or to do but he nods his head anyway.

 

Minseok takes a deep breath before starting the story. “There is this girl and boy. They know each other since they were still in diapers. They’re always together, wherever that girl is; the boy will always be there as well. They’re just inseparable. They grow up together and they promise to be always together.” Minseok smiles. “The boy, knowing that the girl would never leave him, always takes her for granted. He will always brush off her kindness, he will forget her birthday until his parents remind him about that, he always mocks her and tell her that she is ugly when in fact she is the most gorgeous girl that he has ever seen.”

 

“And then?”

 

“And then…everything is just too late for him to change everything. He doesn’t have enough time anymore to always do the same amount of things that she did and sacrificed for him, he doesn’t have enough time anymore to shower her with gifts, he doesn’t have enough time anymore to tell her everyday that she is beautiful. The time is tickling and he regrets that he hasn’t done so many things to her, he regrets that he doesn’t treat her the way she deserves to be treated, and he regrets that he cannot tell her that how much she means to him.” Minseok smiles weakly and his eyes have that look that Kyungsoo doesn’t really understand. He can see sadness in his eyes but he also can see tenderness at the same time.

 

Minseok looks at Kyungsoo and ruffles his hair. “Your friend is right."

 

Kyungsoo wants to interrupt him, saying that Bomi isn't his friend but he chooses to say quiet.

 

"You can’t always be like this all the time, Kyung. You have to start noticing the little things around you and you have to treat everyone with kindness. They may be bringing troubles into your life but there are some troubles that worth everything. I have known you since you came to this world for the first time. I know what you have been through even though you never tell me and I understand the reasons behind every decision and action you take. But, you have to remember, you have to start living, Kyungsoo. Before you don't have time for it anymore.”

 

Kyungsoo does not really understand the meaning behind everything Minseok have just told him. He always lives his life perfectly and he does not get it when Minseok tells him that he has to start living. What has he been doing all of this time then?

 

But, he nods his head. “Okay.”

 

Kyungsoo decides that maybe he should ask Bomi about it even though he still hates her.

 

***

 

 

Author's note:

Hey, guys! 

Uhm...guys, I just want to say that please bear with me. I just cannot make Kyungsoo and Bami fall in love with each other right away, making out, having and then starting a family, having kids and live happily ever after. That would be really weird. I mean, I want to show you guys the characters development and because this is mostly in Kyungsoo's point of view, there is not so much about Bomi at the moment. Bomi's character development will be shown in the future chapters because it includes Kyungsoo in it. I'm sorry (not really honestly) if the progress is just too slow and you want more of their moments. Believe me, I'm trying. But, I just can't make them fall in love with each other right away. That is not my story is about. 

Honestly, I know that I don't owe any explanation to any of you because this is my story and I can do whatever I want but It just saddens me that it seems everyone just want to see them to be together and be happy. Well, I want that too but it won't happen very soon. It takes time and I'm trying. I don't know until when I'm done trying honestly. 

I'm sorry (I really do) for ranting like this but it just...idk, pretty affect me? I don't know. Ugh, I know this is going to be awkward and I'm sorry if I offend you, and disappoint you in any way. 

Thanks for reading this new chapter, I hope you guy enjoy it.