Seven

Dead hearts

 

 

It has been a month since Minseok passed away. Kyungsoo neeeded time to be able to face the day and accepted that Kyungsoo is gone. He didn't come to his classes for a week. He doesn't care that he's going to lose credit. Losing credit isn't matter to him unlike losing his favourite hyung. He can easily gain the credit again but Minseok will never comeback. He can't talk or laugh with his favourite hyung anymore. The tears doesn't fall anymore but the stinging pain in his heart still remains. Every day he wakes up feeling empty remembering that he doesn't have to come to the hospital anymore, thinking that everytime he calls Minseok's number it will now goes to operator's voice saying that his number is inactive. There is no a cheerful 'Kyungsoo-ah~!' that will welcome him anymore. 

 

He also has returned back to his flat after a week staying at his parents' house. His parents want him to stay at their house for a bit more but he can't stand the sadness that surround his family. Minseok was an important person for all of them. To Kyungsoo's parents, Minseok was like their own son. He had been around them since Minseok was born and losing Minseok was just like losing their own child. Kyungsoo needs the comfort from his family but being around them will make Kyungsoo missing Minseok even more and making it harder for Kyungsoo to start his day after his passing. 

 

"Kyungsoo, have you collected the journals for our group assignment?" Kyungsoo snaps out of his trance. He looks up from his laptop to answer Hani who sits accross of him. 

"Yeah, but just some of it." He mumbles

Hani nods her head, "Can I take a look at it?" 

"Yeah, sure. I'll send the the journals to your email." 

"It's really annoying that we're so close to Christmas but we're surrounded by pile of journals that we need to read instead of surrounded by people at clubs." Seunghoon whines before burying his face on his thick textbook. 

Hyelim giggles, "Come on, Seunghoon. Two more weeks and then we will free from University until February." 

"Yeah, but the last week is freaking exam. Not looking forward at that at all." Seunghyub scoffs. 

"Well, Let's stop the whining and grumbling and start doing the assignment so we can finish this tomorrow." Hani playfully hits Seunghoon and Seunghyub before giggling at the two boys.

Kyungsoo thanks Hani in his mind for stopping the other boys from complaining because those definitely will only delay the work and He has no time to study for the exam. He is behind due to his absence and he needs to catch up so he can pass the exam. 

 

"Alright, so it's good that we're 60% done with assignment today. It's just left a few parts that we can do by ourselves tonight. We'll see each other tomorrow to finalise everything." Hyelim smiles as she closes her notebook.

"My brain is boiling right now." Seunghoon remarks

"Finally after four hours I can go home and sleep." Seunghyub sighs. 

Kyungsoo glances at his wriswatch. It's still around 8 P.M. He can study for a few hours before finishing up the assignment, he thinks to himself. 

The four of them bid each other goodbye. Before Kyungsoo turns left towards his flat, "Kyungsoo!"

"What is it?" He asks

"Are you going back to your flat?"

Kyungsoo knits his brow in confusion, "Yeah."

"Oh, okay." She mumbles

Kyungsoo is confused. 'Did this girl just call me out to ask this'?

"Do you want to grab dinner together?" '

Before He has the chance to answer, she continues, "Well, I heard you're confused with Prof. Jo's power point, right? I can help you with that and others that you're behind." She smiles and her smile slowly fades away because he just stays quiet. "Well.. if—"

"Sure." He shrugs. 

Hani beams at him, "Great! I know a good cafe where we can study as well. The food is great too."

Kyungsoo follows after her. Nodding and answering her questions and occasionally chuckles at her antics. 

Hani and he share one class together. He barely talked to her before they got to be in this group assignment. At that time Kyungsoo just returned back to uni after a week of absence. The moment he came in to the room, he heard someone shouted his name. It was Hani. She told him that they're in the same group assignment together and ever since that he found out that Hani is very cheerful and talkative girl. She's practically friends with everyone on their batch and she even friends with the seniors and juniors because everytime he walks together with her, everyone says hello or talks to her. In the beginning he finds her irritating because she just can't sit still or just be quiet for a moment but the more he spends time with her, Kyungsoo finds her amusing because the way she speaks just funny and entertaining. Her face is just full of expressions. 

"You know, I thought you were scary at first." Hani remaks before sipping on her juice. 

Kyungsoo raises his eyebrow at her, "What do you mean?"

"Well, we share the same class for half a year now but we only like talk now. You're so quiet and only hang out with your flatmates. But, only after these past two months you start hanging out with different people or I shall say try hanging out with different people." 

Oh.

Hani looks at him, "Did I just touch a sensitive subject?" Hani bites her lips and puts her hands together looking at him regretfully, "I'm sorry. I tend to speak something before thinking and judging by the look on your face. I knew that I had just said something wrong." 

Kyungsoo shrugs his shoulders, "It's alright. I just tried to follow someone's advice to hang out with other people." 

Hani just nods her head not wanting to step on further on the prohibited landmark. She quickly switches the subject and talks about something else. Other reason why Kyungsoo can stand hanging out with Hani because she can handle the tension around her. She can act as the barrier between people so there won't be any disturbance. He notices that she often says or acts something that making their group mates not fighting over trivial things and as the bridge to connect different opinions to be one. She knows when to stop. 

 

###### 

Kyungsoo closes the door behind him. He hears Jongdae and Baekhyun's voice from the common room and judging from the smell, they're having pasta for dinner. He walks towards the common room and turns out Chanyeol and Bomi are there too.

Baekhyun looks up from Jongdae's phone, "Oh, Kyungsoo! You're late."

"Yeah." He mumbles before opening the fridge to get a water. 

"Did you have dinner yet?" Jongdae asks standing up to put the plate on the sink

"Yeah, I had dinner with my classmate." 

Baekhyun stops his game and looks up, "OOOOH. Is it a girl?"

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun in disdain, "What are you? A grade schooler?"

Baekhyun mimicks him and repeats Kyungsoo in funny way. Everyone in the room except Kyungsoo laugh at that and Kyungsoo just sighs. 

"I'm going to my room."

"If you don't answer me then it's a girl!" Baekhyun shouts still not giving up.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes before turning aroubd to his room. 

"Night, Kyungsoo." Jongdae chuckles.

"Night." 

"IT'S A GIRL THEN!" 

Kyungsoo closes the door behind him as his phone vibrates in his pocket. He takes it out to read the message.

From: Ahn Hani 21.22 p.m

Do you want to have breakfast together before our class and meeting tomorrow? :)

 

***

 

After almost five years, I finally updated this story. This hasn't been proofreading so I apologise for any mistakes T__T I'm not sure if anyone is still reading and waiting for this story but if some of you do, I'd be really happy! :) <3 Thank you for reading my latest update :) Again, I apologise if this T_T lmao Hopefully to see you guys very soon! :)