One

Dead hearts

One.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo checks his reflection on the mirror one more time before heading out of his room. He has to make sure that he looks decent and presentable, not missing any strand of hair that is going to ruin his appearance. He always wants to look perfect because he thinks that it is what people have to be; a perfect person, without any flaw. That is his definition of being a normal human being.

 

He takes out his room key and locks his room, turning the knob one more time, making sure that he really did lock it. He walks towards the kitchen and opens the fridge. He takes a cartoon of apple juice, a bag of bread and a jar of nutella. That is his breakfast menu for Monday. Kyungsoo has a different breakfast menu every single day and he always follows them, always

 

He takes a seat at the stool at the shared common room after taking out the butter knife and the plate from the cupboard. He looked up when his flatmate, Kim Jongdae, walks in towards the fridge.

 

“Morning, Kyungsoo.” Jongdae mumbles, taking out a pack of Greek yogurt and granola bar from the fridge. Jongdae is dentistry student and Kyungsoo always feels bad whenever their other two flatmates start making noises when Jongdae has to study. Well, everyone knows that Medical student almost literally does not have a wink of sleep, even though at times they’re just exaggerating it.

 

“Hey, Jongdae.” He smiles at Jongdae who takes a seat across from him. They eat their breakfast while talking to each other casually.

 

Jongdae takes out a pack of post-it-note that is placed on the top of stack of magazines (mostly magazines owned by their other two flatmates) before scribbling something on it. Kyungsoo does not have to see it to know what he is writing about. Jongdae sticks it to the fridge before throwing out his empty pack of yogurt and the wrapper of his granola bar to the bin beside the fridge.

 

“See you later, Kyung.” Jongdae waves as he wipes his mouth with the back of his hand a moment later. “Don’t forget to brush your teeth.” He reminds Kyungsoo for the last time before heading out of the common room.

 

Jongdae, being the dentistry student he is, always reminds them to brush their teeth and he even buys all of them electric toothbrushes because he told them that electric toothbrush is more recommended these days.

 

He walks towards the sink and dumps the butter knife and the plate in it before putting back the jar of nutella and the bread back into the fridge, accidentally reading the note that is written by Jongdae, telling Chanyeol and Baekhyun, their other flatmates who are studying Music, to brush their teeth after having their breakfast.

 

Kyungsoo picks up his bag and walks out of them common room, not bothering to brush his teeth beforehand.

 

Well, no one listens to Jondae actually. Not even after Jongdae told them their teeth are going to root and the tooth fairy will punish them if they didn’t.

 

 

####

 

 

Kyungsoo always comes into the class exactly five minutes before the lecture starts. His usual seat is in the end of the middle row. He doesn’t like to sit at the front because he will get caught sleeping easily (not that sitting at the middle row or at the back will stop the professor to catch any student who falls asleep in the middle of the lecture anyway) and he also doesn’t like to sit at the back because sometimes he cannot hear the professor clearly and the back row is only for people who are there just for the sake of their attendance. So, he decides that sitting at the end of the middle row is the best choice. It is perfect.

 

The lecturer comes in eight minutes later and Kyungsoo doesn’t forget to send a glare to the professor for being three minutes late. How could he not? The professor is practically wasting three minutes of his life that he can use to revise the note from his accounting class. It is true that being a business student is not as hard as medical student, but it does not mean they are not busy and lack of sleep. Exam week is the week where a lot of dying students with only two hours of sleep (or less) walking around the campus and it is not the sight that everyone is looking forward to.

 

He looks up from his note and the professor stops talking when someone opens the door, revealing a girl with shoulder-length brunette hair. She bows her head at the professor whom only shaking his head in disapproval but letting her to join the lecture anyway.

 

Kyungsoo frowns because he does not really like sitting with anyone and that is why he always puts his backpack on the seat beside him, indirectly telling people to find other seats. But, this class is the core subject therefore there would be a lot of students and the seats are limited. His frowns goes deeper when the girl who is thirty-minutes late decides to sit beside him.

 

She points at the seat beside him, silently asking him whether someone is sitting there or not. He takes his backpack and puts it beside his legs, allowing (not willingly of course) her to take a seat beside him.

 

The girl smiles a little before squeezing herself in to sit beside him with his shoulder slightly brushes her . He still remains indifferent and sighs when he realises that he has missed out one slide because of her.

 

He knows that he will never like Yoon Bomi since the first time he saw her on one of the parties that Baekhyun and Chanyeol hosted. He always remembers the horrible incident that he has always been wishing to forget but to no avail. The incident that also making his eyes almost blind and bleed. The awful memory of Bomi and Chanyeol having a ual at the janitor room when he was about to take the vacuum cleaner out of there because one of Baekhyun’s friend accidentally dropped the glass at the kitchen during the party. It was beyond awkward and there is no other moment where he really prefers to rot in hell.

 

He snaps out of his trance and heaves a heavy sigh when he realises that he misses out another slide because of this girl named Yoon Bomi again

 

***

 

 

Author's note:

Yay, my exam is over! Finally, I'm having my break and as what I have promised to all of you, I will try to write as many chapters as I can before my break is over :-) 

Woot, Chanyeol and Bomi? don't jump into conclusion yet! Because I have so many things under my sleeve! /wink/

Dedicated to nicorobin (again) because well after reading this chapter, don't you remember of a certain fanfic? ;-) /evil laugh/

I hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter! Thank you! xx :-)