Kindness

Tangled in Love

"You need a what?" asks Kris, rather incredulously.

His tone of voice, tells me that he's probably feeling a tad bit mortified.

"A pad!" I yell out. "You know, those nappy-like things that girls use, when they have their period?"

It's quiet for a moment or two, until I hear him speak.

But for some reason, he sounds a lot closer than usual, and that's when I realise that he's actually standing inside of the women's bathroom. I yell at him for being in here, feeling even more embarrassed, for the thought of someone walking in, and seeing him here—because how will he be able to explain, without making me want to bury myself underground, more than I already do? Kris tells me that the place is empty, and that everyone is enjoying themselves out there right now, so it'll be fine. For now, that is. So because of the restricted time, it makes me more agitated than usual, and I panic.

"What kind of woman are you, to forget about her period?" I hear him mutter, in disdain.

His comment makes me grumble to myself, as I hang up my phone, and put it away. "Oh, give me a break," I mumble. "It's not my fault, that I lost track of the date."

"And the fact that you didn't bring any spares, just makes this whole thing even worst..." complains the model.

Frowning, I bite down my lip down in distress. "Kriiiis," I whine, on the verge of crying. "Please help me, and I swear I'll never bug you ever again!"

"...That doesn't sound very likely," I hear him say.

My shoulders slump down. "I would ask Chanyeol, but...he's a guy, and—"

Kris sternly cuts me off. "And I'm not?" he skeptically questions.

"No, of course not!" I blurt out. "I mean—" I quickly correct myself, before allowing him to get the wrong idea. "I mean as in, I'd prefer to talk to you about my girlies, because...yeah?"

He's quiet, and I can tell that he's probably still scrunching his eyebrows at me.

Or that he’s rolling his eyes in annoyance, or massaging the bridge of his nose, from the exasperated aura that he’s emitting.

I continue on, but in a more docile tone of voice. "I just feel like you'd understand my monthly visitors a bit better, so—"

"Give me fifteen minutes," I hear Kris suddenly say.

This makes me blink a little, as I stay soundless, for him to speak some more.

"Ten, if there's no traffic," he says. "But fifteen should be enough."

I feel myself ease down a little, with a small, thankful smile, spreading across my lips.

Kris is soon out of the bathroom, leaving me to patiently wait for him, on the toilet seat. During my wait, I hear one or two people come into the bathroom, to either giggle about their 'eye candy' as they touch up their makeup, or to simply freshen themselves up. It kind of makes me worry that Kris may enter at any given moment, and so I take out my phone, to text the number that he had called me from a while ago. I tell him that there are some people in the bathroom now, and he responds back, by telling me to inform him when the coast is clear.

Twenty (and rather painful) minutes of me just sitting here, on this toilet seat pass by, and when I hear Kris' voice cautiously call out for me, I straighten myself up.

"Here," he says. "I'll leave it underneath for you."

I now see a small, plastic bag, being held out to me, from the gap on the bottom of the cubicle. "Oh my God, thank you!" I excitedly say.

"Don't mention it..." Kris mumbles, from the outside. "No really, don't ever tell this to anyone."

Tearing out the packaging, I begin to get right down into business. "And why is that?" sings my voice.

I can just imagine him pursing his lips into a tight, unamused line. "Do you have any idea, of how embarrassing it was, for me to do this?" he deadpans.

It makes me giggle, as I'm now outside, to see his flattened expression. "Oh, come on," I chime, with a wave of my hand. "It couldn't have been that bad, right? I mean, don’t you sometimes help out your girl friends?"

Kris just grumbles a sound, and I'm not sure if I should take that as a 'yes' or 'no'.

After washing my hands, and drying them, I go to check out my reflection in the mirror, only to wince, when I feel the discomfort from my cramp, come back again.

Kris manages to catch this, and allows his eyes to examine me a little. "Are you feeling okay?" he queries.

I force on a smile. "Yeah, I should be—" The corner of my lips now curve down into a grimace, as I place a hand over my stomach. "A-Actually, maybe if I just sit down for a bit..."

But Kris doesn't look convinced. "Do you want to go home?" he bluntly offers.

"Home?" I murmur, with a frown. "Home does sound really good right about now, but..."

Kris lifts up an eyebrow, as a sign for me to continue on.

"But what about Chanyeol?" I slowly say. "He seems like he's having fun, and I don't really want to ruin it for him..."

This makes Kris blink a little. "I can take you home instead," he says. "Since I'm on my way out now, I might as well."

My eyebrow arches up. "But don't you want to stay for a little longer?" I ask. "A lot of people seem to like talking to you."

Kris shrugs his shoulders at me. "Not really," he says. "I'm actually a little tired, so I kind of want to go."

Seeing how he honestly doesn't mind, (and that the dull ache of my cramp, is starting to tire me more) I agree to follow him out, for us to be on our way home together. My thoughts are on Chanyeol, as my eyes begin to search for him through the room, until I feel something touch my arm. Thankfully, when I turn over to see who it is, I'm aware that my searching doesn't have to continue any longer.

Chanyeol greets me with a smile, and then goes on to tell me how he had been wondering where I had disappeared off to, to which I respond, by telling him how I'm not ‘feeling so well’. The happy look on his face instantly morphs into one of concern, as he now goes to ask me if I want him to leave with me right now. I shake my head at this, saying that it's fine for him to stay, because Kris will be assisting me home instead.

Surprise sketches across Chanyeol’s features, but he doesn't press on any further.

"Alright then, I guess I'll see you around," he says. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

Giving him an apologetic smile, I say my goodbye, and then am soon off to meet Kris outside of the venue.

———————————————

With my arms now wrapped around the lower part of my stomach, I continue to inwardly sob to myself, as I rest my head against the window of Kris' car. He hasn't said anything yet, and it's either because he doesn't want to, or because he doesn't know what to say. But with the way that I can feel his eyes sometimes flickering over to me, I'm probably going to go with the latter. Or am I only hallucinating about his stare, because the ache is just getting a bit too crazy?

I feel the car suddenly coming to a slow stop, and when I peek open my eyes a little, I see that we're in front of a red light.

"Does it...really hurt?" Kris slowly asks.

Hearing his careful tone, I turn my head over to him, and weakly nod my head. "Yeah..." I say, with a wince. "It hurts so much, I kind of just...want to cut out my uterus, you know?"

Kris' eyes are wide, and the look on his face is telling me, "No, I don't know", just before letting out an awkward clear of his throat. "Uh, do you want me to stop by somewhere, and get you some medicine?" he warily offers.

I shake my head at him again. "It's alright," I answer. "I have some at home, so it should be okay."

Silence falls upon us once more, and throughout the rest of the drive, neither of us say much, but I’m fine with it.

The sight of our destination soon comes into view, but when Kris turns off the engine, I don't want to move—I've become far too comfortable with my seat, and this appears to confuse him, with how he's now blinking at me. In a wary voice, Kris then asks me if I'll be coming inside any time soon, and I sigh, knowing full well, that the more I sit here, the more likely I will not want to budge an inch. So with all of my willpower, I force myself to undo my seat belt, and then trudge inside the house, along with a cautious Kris.

Slipping off my shoes, I drag myself up the stairs, and force myself to take a shower, just before falling face first, onto the sofa downstairs. I curl myself up into a ball, hug the cushion against my belly, and just lie here on my side for a while, until I hear soft footsteps descend down the staircase. They stop for a bit, and I can feel his gaze on me, before he decides to bit by bit, bring himself closer.

"So how do you feel now?" I hear Kris curiously ask.

"Like death," I bitterly drone.

He doesn't respond right away, and so I slowly roll myself over, so that I can now see him.

Kris' look of disbelief encourages me to enlighten him further. "It's like..." My lips purse to the side a little. "Imagine eating an entire watermelon, and—"

"Impossible," he interjects.

Kris' interruption makes me blink at him.

Seeing my confused face, he continues on. "It's impossible, because I would only eat two slices," he explains.

I make a face at him, but then decide to change up the scenario a bit. "Alright, then how about ten dragon fruits—"

"I'd only eat half."

"Half?"

"Yes."

"Half of one piece?"

"Yes."

"But dragon fruits are puny, how the heck is half of one supposed to satisfy you?!"

"Well, unlike yourself, I'm not really into eating..."

Kris' comment makes me gawk at him. "Wow," I say, in wonder. "I never thought someone like this would exist..."

Crossing his arms together, the unimpressed male lifts up an inquisitive eyebrow. "Why?" he says. "Do you want me to be a pig like you?"

My jaw drops, and I feel insulted. "Hey!" I yell. "I am not a pig!"

Kris skeptically rolls his eyes. "Says the one who inhaled the whole plate of crackers..." he mumbles.

I open my mouth to speak, but I'm feeling a little embarrassed right now—did he really see me picking at them?

And it's as though he's just read my mind, because when he continues on, my thoughts are answered.

"Yeah, I saw you pigging out on them," he nonchalantly says. "It's kind of a hard site to miss, if you ask me."

I don't know how else to answer this, because the embarrassment that I felt a second ago, is now suddenly replaced with a wave of unexplained sadness. "Tsk, whatever," I grumpily say. "Just go away, and leave me alone...preferably with some grilled scallops or something."

"Grilled scallops?" he repeats, in puzzlement.

My head slowly moves up and down. "I don't know why, but when I get my period, I just crave for scallops really badly," I mumble. "And it's not any ordinary scallop either, because they have to be seared to perfection."

"...But I thought chocolate was the usual craving?" he confusedly says.

I let out a tired groan. "I don't know," I quietly say. "Maybe my mom ate a tonne of scallops when I was in her belly or something, because that's all I want to eat, when my monthly visitors come."

"Right..." is all I hear him murmur, before taking a seat, at the end of the sofa. "So if you've already taken the pain relief, then why are you still lying in a ball?"

At the mention of the medicine, (or in this case, lack of) I laugh a little, but it probably sounds more like a whimper. "Actually, about that..." I meekly begin. "I don't have any left. I mean I thought I did, but...I guess I was thinking about the cold and flu tablets instead." Another drained sigh escapes me, as I snuggle the cushion a little more firmly against my stomach. "So if you hear me crying in the middle of the night, just ignore it, okay?"

Kris doesn't say anything, and so I take this silence, as a sign for me to rest my eyes.

———————————————

I'm not sure how many minutes have passed by, (or when Kris had left his seat) because when I feel his presence suddenly in front of me again, (and not sitting near my feet) my eyes flutter themselves open, to see him holding out something for me. It's a hot water bottle, and the site of the thing, instantly eases me up, as I go to accept it from him. The dull ache in my lower stomach now feels much more tolerable, with this heated object, being pressed against it.

"I figured this would be better, than the pillow that you're hugging," points out Kris.

With a content smile on my face, I nod my head at him in agreement. "Oh, you have no idea," I happily say. "This feels a thousand times better!"

Hearing my comment, it makes the corner of his lips hitch up slightly.

"Ah, now I can actually fall asleep, without being distracted by how much my uterus is twisting..." I murmur, to myself.

Kris gives me a strange look, but ends up shaking his head good-naturedly at me. "Well, okay then..." I hear him quietly say. "Goodnight, Miss Piggy."

"Goodnight~" I happily bid.

But then it hits me as to what he's just called me, and I frown.

"Hey, wait a minute—!" I yell out, while sitting myself up. "I am not a pig, you...you angry bird!"

Kris bends an eyebrow. "Angry bird...?" he echoes, rather blankly.

I continue to frown at him, but then end up slowly covering my mouth, at the realisation. "Oh my God, you really do look like an angry bird!" I exclaim. "You know, those birds in that game, where you get to shoot out from a slingshot-like thing? I don't know, I just said 'angry', because I was looking at your eyebrows, and 'bird' just kind of came to mind, because...your face makes me think of an eagle, in some weird way, but—wow, I can't believe you actually look like an angry bird!" Amused by this discovery, I begin to ponder on which character suits him the best.

But the more I do this, the more Kris starts to narrow his eyes at me, although it's only a matter of time, before they flatten.

"...We kind of have a problem here, because I've realised that you suit three different types of birds," I explain. "The red one suits you, because you guys practically have the same eyebrows, but the yellow one is good as well, since it's a triangle..." Nodding my head at him, I continue speaking. "Triangles are sharp, and so it kind of makes me think of your chin." Hearing this remark, Kris goes to slowly touch his face, making me laugh slightly. "And I think the white one suits you too, because of its beak. It's kind of pouty, like your lips!"

Kris blinks a little, and judging by how his gaze is now avoiding me, he's feeling rather shy and self-conscious.

And my guess is correct, as he quickly orders for me to get some shut eye, just before awkwardly shuffling away, to climb up those stairs, and head into his room.

Smiling to myself, I eventually allow for my mind to drift off into a state of unconsciousness, eager for the rest.

———————————————

A/N: Just wanted to let you guys know that the snail in me, is now kicking in, with school work coming at me and everything, LOL but thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting!!!! :’D *Aerial dives on you all* I love you guys :’DDDD