Problem

Tangled in Love

Our confused expressions mirror one another, as he soundlessly closes the door behind him.

"Who—" I take a small step forward. "I mean, what are you doing here...?"

A cautious eyebrow lifts up from his face. "I should probably be asking you that..." he quietly says, while looking extremely suspicious.

I frown, feeling incredibly wary, also. "Well, this is my house..." I slowly start off. "How do you have the keys to this place?"

Astonishment sketches across his features. "Your house?" he says, with doubt. "Are you sure about that? Because I've just recently bought it."

My eyebrows almost fly off of my forehead, from the amount of shock in me. "Bought?!" I echo, rather loudly. "W-What do you mean by that?"

He gives me a weird look. "It means exactly what it means..." he says, in a tone that tells me to really think, before I speak.

I shake my head at him. "No, how can that be?" I mumble, with an upset frown.

Just what on Earth is he talking about, he can't just buy my house like that—it doesn't make any sense!

"This house was put on sale," he informs. "And I just so happened to win the bid, which therefore makes it mine."

"A bid?" I incredulously choke out. "And being put on sale? How did that even happen?!"

As I chew on my bottom lip in distress, he just silently continues to observe me, with those dark eyes of his. With how they're staring at me, he looks as though he's trying to figure something out, but the more he watches me, the more his gaze starts to become filled with...wariness? Like as though I'm capable of surprising him, with an attack of some sort. This weird look on him only gets weirder, as he now takes a cautious step back, with his suitcase.

"Are you a...fan, of some sort?" he carefully asks.

"A fan?" I confusedly say. "A fan of what?"

The golden-brown haired male is now silent, and the look on his face, tells me that he's thinking very hard about something.

And whatever it is that he's thinking about, causes him suddenly say something, which just throws me off all together, once more.

"Please leave," he firmly orders. "I’ve heard about a similar situation, and I know what you are trying to do."

I do a double-take at him. "What are you talking about?" I say, in befuddlement.

But instead of answering me, he just lets out an exasperated sigh. "I promise I won't tell my agent about this, if you just quietly leave," he says. "Is there anyone else hiding in here?"

My lips form a frown. "Seriously, what are you talking about?" I question, hoping that the annoyance in my query, can let him see how utterly confused I am, about this whole ordeal.

And instead of supplying me with an answer like how I want, he just simply stares at me for a bit more, where he then resorts to crossing his arms together, in mild interest.

"Hmm, you're quite good at this, huh?" he ponders out loud, after a moment or so.

I can't help but let out a small, irritated grumble. "Good at what?!" I snap, in clear frustration.

"Acting."

"Acting?"

"Yes, acting."

"Acting what, I don't get it?!"

"Acting as though this is your house, and that you have no idea who I am."

This takes me off guard, and I am now speechless.

A scoff of disbelief comes out of me, as I now firmly cross my arms together, too. "You've got to be kidding me, right?" I skeptically say. "You think that I would go out of my way, to lie to a total stranger, about living here? And that I have absolutely no idea where my furniture is, or who you're supposed to be?"

He nods his head at me. "Yes," he evenly says. "Like I said, I've heard something like this happen to someone else before." Stepping behind me, he now begins to push my body forward, and towards the front door. "So to avoid experiencing a similar thing, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

My feet are failing to dig themselves into the ground, to prevent me from moving, as I now draw nearer, and nearer, towards the outside. "What?!" I cry out. "N-No, you can't just force me out like this!"

But as soon as those words leave my lips, I find myself stumbling out of my front door, feeling as shocked as ever.

"If you go right now, then I won't involve the police in this," he announces, from the inside.

My jaw slackens from the amount of crazy, within this situation. "You're not seriously going to kick me out of my own house, are you?!" I hastily question.

There's an air of silence, which only lasts for a brief moment, until he shuts the door in my face.

My wide eyes blink at the door for a bit, before narrowing, to display my anger. "Yah!" I yell out. "You home-stealer, you can't just kick me out of my home like this!" I now begin to bang my fist onto the door, but there's no response. It makes me a little grumpier, (although his lack of reply is somewhat expected) so I now start to dig inside my pocket for the set of house keys—if he won't open the door like how he's supposed to, then I'm not afraid to use some brute force!

That is, if I hadn't left them on the kitchen counter...

Upon realising about my missing keys, it then hits me that the rest of my belongings are also inside the house.

The anger in me makes me blow up my bangs. "Aish!" My fist now returns back to hitting itself against the wooden door, except this time, there's a tiny bit more urgency in it. "Hey, you really have to open up this door, because my things are in there!" I shout.

"I'll put them outside for you, after I finish unpacking," comes his unexpected voice.

And since I wasn't expecting him to reply at all, it makes me blink a little, before I go back to deeply frowning.

Who is this crazy guy?!

He takes my window seat, my house, and since those don't seem to be enough for him, he's also deciding to take my luggage, as well?

Thinking about all of this, I can't help but kick the bench next to me, and instantly regret it, now that a throbbing sensation, begins to shoot through my toes. I take a seat to massage out the pain, all while grumbling to myself, about a certain home-stealer. If he thinks that I'm lying, and that I'll give up soon, then he's wrong. A tiny smirk makes its way onto my face, as I now rise up from my spot, and begin to head for the back door.

If he hasn't changed the lock of the front door, then what are the chances of him changing the lock for the back door?

Tip-toeing across the lawn, I quickly scan my eyes around for any signs of unwanted company, just before focusing my attention onto the brick wall now besides me. My eyes light up once I spot the specific brick that I want, and, making sure that there really is no one around to see what I'm about to do, I now begin to wriggle the brick out free from its spot, to reveal a single silver key. A victorious snigger comes out from me, as I now turn over to the back gate's lock.

Although, instead of seeing my usual chunky bronze lock, there, sitting in its place, is a small silver lock, which I have never seen before, in my life.

And even though I know it won't work, I still stick my emergency key in it anyways, only to frown (and feel twice the amount of disappointment) at the lock's refusal to open.

Dammit!

With crumpled eyebrows, I now dejectedly return back over towards the bench, because there is no way that I'm going to leave some crazy guy in my house like this. He'll eventually have to open up a window, (for me to try and sneak in, and claim back what's rightfully mine) or just come outside for some fresh air, since the weather is kind of nice today. He could also be having a feast or something, and then come to realise that he has to take out the trash, and—

The image of luscious meat, and saucy noodles, effectively cause my stomach to let out a growl, and upon hearing that, it makes me sink a little lower into my seat, with a small sigh.

Maybe...maybe it'll be okay to fill up my stomach with something first, and then return back here, to angrily continue on with my protest.

I feel a little unsure about moving from my spot, but another rumble eventually convinces me to search for a snack.

———————————————

Since I don't have my wallet on me, the only thing that I could eat, with the loose change in my pocket, is a cup of ramen at the convenient store. I also make sure to give the bank a visit, where I then questioned the people in charge of the house insurance about my home, to find out what is really happening. And so, after a long (and very depressing discussion, I might add), it turns out that my house really was put up for sale.

That home-stealer (should I still call him a home-stealer, since he technically, didn't really steal my home...?) was right, and it makes me mad.

But I think the person who I'm most angry at, is myself—I really pushed my luck with not paying for my house bills this time, and it's actually lead me to this stupid situation. The lady said that the only way for me to get back my home, is if I buy it off of Mr. Model, since it really is now under his name and everything. Which also makes me very sad, because this house has always been under the Jung name, ever since I was born.

Kicking a pebble that just so happens to be there, my feet gloomily lead me back into that familiar neighbourhood, and as I start to walk up the driveway, there, in the distance, I see a crimson suitcase, resting next to the wooden bench, along with a pale pink handbag.

Wow, he really did keep his word.

I miserably drag myself towards my belongings, with an upset frown. "I feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare..." mutters my voice. "Now the only thing to complete it, is if it started to—"

And it's as though it's 'pick on Subin day' for every spiritual being out there, because the sudden thunder, halts me from finishing off the rest of my sentence.

A droplet of water is felt, and then another, and another, until it feels as though I'm standing amongst a group of heavy sprinklers. Thankfully, I make it towards the small shelter area of my front door just in time, so I'm not completely soaked. But as I continue to watch the rain violently pelting itself down onto the ground, with the sun almost setting, my grumpiness, makes me plop myself down onto the wooden bench, to let out an irritated groan.

"Whyyyy?" I wail, now staring up into the grey sky. "Mom, dad...I'm so sorry, please forgive me. You're both probably really disappointed in me right now, huh? I bet the two of you are shaking your heads at me right at this moment, and are wondering how irresponsible I am, to fail at such a thing." A gloomy sigh huffs from me. "Do you think he will let me buy it off of him?" I unsurely mumble. "I mean, it sounds pretty stupid, considering how he's just bought the place, but...it won't hurt to ask, right...?"

The extra loud clap of thunder makes me flinch, and feeling how angry it sounded, it causes my shoulders to droop a little.

"...Yeah, I thought so, too," I unhappily murmur.

"...You're still here?" speaks up a voice, with a hint of confusion.

I absentmindedly nod my head. "Mmhmm..." I disappointingly hum.

And then it hits me.

The sudden presence of another person makes me jump in my seat, with wide eyes.

And because I have just accidentally let out a terrifying squeal, it makes me flush with embarrassment, to see that same golden-brown haired guy, blankly staring at me.

"I mean, no, of course not!" I retort, with a huff. "I just came back to get my things, and am now on my way."

He doesn't say anything, except quietly watch, as I swing my handbag onto my shoulder, and begin to tug on the handle of my suitcase.

But for some strange reason, (I blame him staring at me, because it's making me uncomfortable!) my things suddenly feel somewhat heavier, and with the combination of the ugly weather, I can't help but slightly struggle, to move. It makes me whimper in frustration, as I force myself to heave my things away from my seat. And now that I think about it, I seriously have no idea how I'm going to make it through this crazy rain like this, and I think my airplane-seat-buddy is probably thinking about that, too.

"Why don't you...come inside for a bit?"