Curiosity Killed The Cat

Tangled in Love

"No," is my answer.

It makes him lift a quizzical brow at me, and so I continue on.

"You think I'm a crazy person, and only want to bring me inside, so that you can kill me!" I say with a frown, while pointing an accusing finger at him.

My somewhat explosive response, makes him proceed to stare at me in puzzlement.

I confidently nod my head. "Am I right, or am I right?" I think out loud, in hopes of getting a reply from him.

And I do, but he now seems to be looking at me, as though I'm an alien of some sort.

"Crazy person or not, I just don't think that it's right to leave anyone outside, in such weather..." he says. "And especially a girl, too." 

I flatten my eyes at him. "Oh, so now you pity me, huh?" I skeptically say.

Mr. Model is now looking at me with his usual passive expression, but something about this stare, tells me that he feels as though he has no idea how to respond to me.

But then after a second or so, his eyebrows crinkle a little. "Do you want to come in or not?" he flatly says.

I can sense a slightly scary aura flowing from him, (filled with impatience) and because I feel somewhat intimidated by the hints of annoyance on his face, it makes me nervously smile at him. "Eheheh, that would be lovely, thank you," I sheepishly say.

Now hulling my belongings inside, I set my suitcase to the side, to then slip off my shoes. Mr. Model closes the door behind us, and then begins to quietly make his way into the lounge room, and although he doesn't say anything, I just feel that I should follow him. As I now stand in the kitchen, with him opening the refrigerator for something, my eyes can't help but examine my surroundings—it's strange to say, but even though I've lived here for so long, this is the first time that it actually feels...foreign, to me.

And that actually makes me feel quite sad.

My homely house, is now furnished with stylish furniture, which completely changes the usual atmosphere of the place, into something more...lush?

"Would you like something to drink?" I hear him offer.

I absentmindedly nod my head at him. "Okay..." murmurs my voice.

But as soon as my head registers what he's just said, my eyebrows pinch together with alert.

I'm now standing at a better angle, where I can carefully watch him prepare my drink, with my cautiously narrowed eyes.

He doesn't seem to be too affected by them though, but I guess it makes him curious enough to utter out a word. "What is it?" he blandly queries.

I squint my eyes a little more. "Oh, I'm just making sure that you didn't poison it or anything," I lightly say.

All he does is give me an odd look, just before holding the cold glass out. I accept it with an awkward "thanks", and then go on, to take a tiny sip. It tastes alright; there doesn't seem to be any weirdly added preservatives in here, or anything. Unless the poison is tasteless, then I probably would have dropped down onto the floor or something right about now, but...because eight seconds have already ticked by, with the two of us just standing here in a weird silence, I think it's safe to say that...he didn't drug me.

Yeah.

And that I'm also happy how this isn't lemon water, because that stuff is just gross.

"So let’s talk," announces Mr. Model, in what I think may be his casual voice.

And it's just a reflex thing of mine, because every time when I hear those three words, I can't help but slightly panic a little, which in this case, consists on me slightly choking on my water.

I thump my chest a few times, to cough out the discomfort. "Talk?" I unintentionally squeak out.

"Yeah," is his simple reply, as he now sits himself down on a chair.

Seeing this, I now slowly begin to make my way over towards the dinner table, while clutching onto my drink. "Um, talk about what...?" I nervously say.

And when I see his eyes rolling to the side, with his lips forming a tight line, I instantly let out an awkward laugh, to hide my embarrassment.

Oh geez, I can't believe I've just said that, because what else could he possibly want to talk about?

He offers me to go first, and I cooperate with him. I tell him how this has always been my home, and that it's my most prized possession, since it's the last thing that my parents have left me with, before they were taken to heaven. He appears to be somewhat surprised about that, (well, at least I think so) with how I've managed to make his head tilt over by a visible fraction of some sort. I then go to tell him about my mistake with my housing bill, by testing out my luck with that, which makes me feel a little self-conscious.

Because he's judging me right now, I just know it.

"So yeah, I'm not exactly sure where I'll be staying now, but..." I shrug my shoulders, with an indifferent expression. "I'll think of something."

Gesturing for him to now enlighten me with his side on things, I'm not sure if it's because his story really is a lot shorter than mine, or if I just rambled on too much.

Because he basically bought this house, due to simply liking the interior design, and that it makes him getting to and from his work place a lot easier.

That's all.

Now that he's finished speaking, silence clings in the air, and it's not the comfortable kind, either. I quietly excuse myself from him, to then head over towards my luggage, as a reason to do something, and not be smothered by the awkward vibe, radiating from us both. It seems as though the rain outside has stopped, so this is a sign that I can actually be outside right now. Taking out a pair of keys, I unlock my suitcase, to grab out a change of clothes, just before locking it back.

My instincts tells me that this guy probably doesn't seem to be as bad as I think he is, and so I quietly ask him if it's okay to leave my suitcase here with him, for the night. He gives me a confused look, and so I tell him that I'll be spending the night at the bath house instead, which makes him now look at me with...curiosity, I think? It looks as though he wants to say something, but isn't sure if he should say it, and so I decide to give him a little push.

"What?" I nonchalantly say.

He gives an awkward clear of his throat, before finally speaking. "How can you carelessly leave your things with me like this?" he says, with an unsure frown. "Aren't you worried that I might look inside, or throw them all out? Because that type of lock isn't so difficult to break."

I blink at him a little. "Well...to be honest, I know I shouldn't, but I feel like you're not the type of person to do that," I casually answer. "You ignored me on the plane quite well, so I'm sure my suitcase here would just be...I don't know, an extra piece of furniture for you, or something. Except a really ugly one, so that'll probably give you more of a reason, to easily walk by it." An embarrassed smile now appears on my lips. "And besides," I add, with a small laugh. "I don't really want to carry something so heavy with me, out into the streets right now."

Mr. Model gives me that same look, which tells me how he isn't really sure of how to respond, as his eyes now go to shift elsewhere.

Something suddenly comes to my mind, which makes me hold up a finger for him to see. "Oh, and before I go!" I exclaim, and it effectively grabs his full attention. "What's your name?"

He now gaze returns to me. "My name...?" he repeats, with a raise of his eyebrow.

I nod my head at him, and it makes him continue that questioning look, as though he's wondering whether or not he should tell me.

Why is he being so cautious?

But before I can say anything about it, he finally answers, and I find myself testing it out right away.

"Kris," I say. "So your name is Kris?"

I can see hints of wariness on his facial features. "Yeah..." he slowly answers. "It's Kris Wu."

Something about his name slightly rings a bell, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Kris, Kris, Kris..." I mumble, with a scratch of my head. The weird eye that he's giving me now, makes me let out a minor giggle. "Sorry, your name makes me think of something, but I can't really remember what," I sheepishly inform. "Hmm...it's just—oh!" The answer suddenly appearing in my head, causes me click my fingers together. "Crease!" I happily yell out. "Is that how you say it, in English? The crinkly part of a piece of clothing, or something?"

He just mutely nods his head at me, and that's the only confirmation that I need, to let out a tiny amused chortle.

"Creasy Kris," I snicker, and by saying that a couple of times, it's suddenly turned into a tongue-twister for me. "Ah, you can also be greasy Kris, too!" I amusedly say. "That means oily, right?"

My entertainment (and when I say my entertainment, I really do only mean that, because Kris doesn't find this funny at all), comes to end, when he finally speaks.

"So then what's your name?" he directly questions.

I blink at him a little, just before showing him a friendly smile. "It's Subin," I answer. "And my last name is Jung."

He doesn't say anything to that, except quietly nod his head at me in acknowledgement.

Seeing that, and how this conversation has probably reached its limits, I now grab my handbag, put on my shoes, and am soon out of the door, and walking down towards the streets.

I eventually arrive at the nearest bath house, and after paying for my overnight entrance fee, take my outfit from the woman, to then start making my way over towards the locker rooms. As I change out, to prepare myself for my bath, I gloomily think about the situation that I'm in, and what I'm going to do about it. The relaxing bubbles from the spa don't distract me much, and even nibbling on the tea-scented eggs, still make me feel that uneasy swirl of anxiety.

Now that I'm resting my head against one of the brown cushions there, I try to let the warmth of the heating floor relax me, but it still takes a while for me to eventually fall asleep.

———————————————

The next day, when I open my eyes, to go wash up, change out of my bath house clothes, and then gradually head back to my house...I realise that I haven't been able to come up with a solution, throughout the entire walk. If I can't get back my home right away, then I want to at least be close to it, in some kind of way, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Another miserable sigh breathes out of me, as I continue to trudge forward—I guess I'll be staying at a hotel for a while, or something.

Sticking my key into the lock, I quietly let myself inside, and just so happen to see Kris stepping off of the last step as I do. I mumble a "good morning" at him, to which he answers back with a curt nod of his head, where I now go to tell him how I'm just going to be getting my stuff, so that I can then leave. Another air of silence covers us, as he just watches me pack away the things that I had been carrying, until—

"Kriiiis, I can't find my shirt!" hollers a rather boyish voice. "You know; the one that I gave you to put away somewhere, just before we showered together?"

My eyes round right away, as my lips form into a circle of surprise.

But Mr. Model over here, looks extremely annoyed, (or is he embarrassed?) as he's currently pressing down the bridge of his nose, as though restraining himself, from saying something too drastic. "Tao, we have company," he sternly says, and even though I'm not the one that he's talking to, I find myself quietly gulping, from the amount of harshness, in his tone of voice—in a way, it kind of sounds like he's reprimanding this person?

The surprise in me escalates just a bit more, now that the source of the voice—which just so happens to take shape, in the form of a dark haired male—has entered the room, completely shirtless.

And, judging by the dazed look on his face, he appears to have unknowingly waltzed into the place, but when he finally sees me, he quickly covers up his toned body, just before fleeing away.

"I'm sorry!" he hastily apologises, which is then followed up by a string of frantic Chinese.

A slow, and yet clearly exasperated sigh comes from the male next to me, reminding me of his presence. "Sorry about that, just ignore him," mutters Kris.

I wordless nod my head at him, and the curiosity in me, is bugging me to question him about this whole 'shower' thing, but because I know it's not exactly any of my business, I just quickly grab my things, for me to leave.

———————————————

Over the next couple of days, I manage to find a hotel to stay at for the time being.

Although, the pay is getting a little too crazy for me to keep up, so I know that I'll have to find a new place, and soon. I've been looking through the newspapers for apartments to rent out, but the ones that are currently available, either cost me a leg, or are just not in Seoul. I've tried to ask Yejin if I could stay at her place for a while, but she tells me that she already has someone there, and is trying to help them out with something, so it's a little hard...hmm, I wonder who it is.

I've thought about staying with Woohyun, but since he shares the place with Sunggyu, I know that I'll just make the place a little squishier.

And speaking of Woohyun, I've decided not to tell him about my issue, because I know that I will never hear the end of it.

He will probably nag me to the day I die, but even so, I can just imagine him bringing this up, and then proceeding to be all "I told you so", in our afterlife, or something. Not only that, but Woohyun has pretty much always rescued me with everything, (and it's usually something that I end up getting myself into...) so I'm trying to do this thing, where I don't rely on him too much—to prove to myself that I can indeed, get through things on my own, if I really try.

And although I'm trying immensely hard right now, I feel like nothing is working out.

"Aish!" I grumble, out loud. "Why didn't anyone warn me that being an adult would be this hard?"

As an attempt to rid myself of the negative thoughts, I shake my head, give my cheeks a couple of pats to wake myself up, before deciding that it's now time to head out for some lunch.

So I grab my essentials, leave my room, and am now waiting for the elevator, to arrive at my level.

A smooth 'ding!' is soon heard, but when the metal doors slide open, the sight before me, makes my eyes enlarge.

Because what are the odds of running into my airplane seat buddy, here?

And especially since I just happened to witness something that I probably wasn't supposed to hear (or see) this morning, I have a feeling that this is possibly another one of those, um, situations, with the rather compromising position that I'm currently seeing.

"There you go, I told you I would be quick!" chimes a male, with chocolate brown hair.

He gets up from his crouching position, (why was he kneeling down like that...?) and when he soon catches onto the uncomfortable look on Kris' face, (who looks as though he's drowning in dread) he now turns around to finally face me. I blink a little, and, maybe it's because he can feel the awkwardness too, or that he's just oblivious to it, but he tilts his head at me, just before asking whether or not I'll be coming inside.

There's a slight accent in his voice, and it now makes me wonder—is he Chinese, too?

I snap myself out of my daze, shake my head no, and then tell him that I'm actually heading down, and not up. The door soon closes, and just before it does, I make sure to show Kris a little wave, to not be rude. When the next elevator door opens up for me, to descend down towards the main floor, my curiosity leads me to wonder what exactly those two were doing. And when I happen to see a couple nearby kissing, I can't help but wonder if they were maybe—

"But he doesn't look like the type to take risks, with that kind of...activity..." I unsurely murmur, to myself.

Embarrassment now washes over me, as I force myself to shake away these thoughts.

The level of intimacy that people like to get up to, in public places, such an elevator, is none of my concern.

Yeah.

Nodding to myself, I now focus my attention onto a cute cafe from within the distance, and decide to walk inside, for a little something to eat. I eventually order the brunch menu offered, grab the stick of my table number, and then proceed to find a nice place to sit at. And as I'm doing this, I suddenly see the familiar back of a golden-brown haired male, that I saw in a slightly surprising situation a while ago, and because of that, I'm not sure if I should approach him or not.

He makes up the decision for me though, because as soon as I see that he's in the middle of talking to someone, I don't do anything, to let them continue. This guy is a little shorter than the other two boys that I've seen so far, but his strong jawline, makes him look extremely manly. I think my staring at his profile becomes a tad bit obvious though, because when his eyes flicker over to me a few times, it makes the one that he's talking to, eventually turn around, to look at me.

Kris' eyebrows tell me that he also wasn't expecting to see me here either, and when I decide to be the first one to greet him, he does the same, with courtesy. His friend's eyes dart back and forth from the two of us, and when a weird, knowing twinkle shines in them, he suddenly decides to be on his way, but not before showing Kris a wriggle of his eyebrows. This gesture confuses me, because whatever that's being said from the two, makes Kris breathe out a slow, (and rather irked?) sigh.

With his friend gone, the two of us somehow end up sitting with each other at a table, and I know I shouldn't, but all of these strange interactions with him and these guys are making me very curious.

"So how has house-hunting been?" asks Kris, just before he takes an elegant sip of his green tea latte.

This makes me feel a little weird, but I know he's only asking, to be polite.

And to possibly avoid the awkward air, that just can't help, but ooze itself, from the two of us. 

"Not so good..." I truthfully mumble. "It's hard, with not being able to find the ones suitable for me, but I'll manage."

Taking that in, he simply just nods his head at me, as another air of silence, wraps itself around our table. We both quietly eat our foods, and as I bite into a piece of egg, my mind begins to wonder about the things that have happened so far. It starts off with me coming home to an empty house, only to find out that the person whom I'm currently eating with right now, is the one who bought it. Which just so happens to be the same person, who I sat next to, on my plane ride home.

My thoughts then linger itself around him a little more, and when I start to think about how I've seen him with three different guys, with them all doing something, that suggests...things, another thought suddenly comes into my head. It takes me back towards the time when I was asking him about his reasoning for learning Korean, and the look on his face, when I asked him whether or not, he chose to learn the language, was for his possible girlfriend...kind of makes sense now.

That must be it—he was probably offended, that I automatically assumed he was straight.

Maybe I should apologise to him about that?

And about catching him in some slightly personal situations, too.

"Hey, I want to say that I'm sorry," I start off, after swallowing a piece of the salad.

Confusion crosses over Kris' features, and so I continue on, to correct myself.

"I mean—" I quickly say. "I feel like I've offended you, by constantly catching you in those moments with your partners and such, and I just...yeah, feel a little bad." I pick at a cherry tomato, rolling it a little with my fork. "Even though I'm against cheating, and think that it's best to be faithful to just one person, and all."

And I'm not so sure what's just happened, but he's now choking on his food, and it greatly alarms me.

My eyes widen. "Omo, I'm so sorry!" I worriedly say. "Is your uality a taboo-ish subject? I'm sorry, I won't say it out loud, if that's what you're worried about!"

He finally manages to stop his coughing fit, and looks at me. "Say what out loud...?" he incredulously asks.

Why does he sound so confused?

I glance around at our surroundings, and, seeing how the close is clear, then, bit by bit, lean in, to hush out a whisper.

"That you're gay, right?"

———————————————

A/N: Hi everyone, how are you all?! ^^

I wasn’t actually planning on updating today, but because it’s kind of like my AFF anniversary, I just thought “eh, why not???” and yeah, hahaha. Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting!! ^^ There are even upvotes and I’m just wow .___. LOL thank you, though! I really appreciate the support, whether you’re just lurking every now and then, or are capslocking yourself into the comments section, hehehehe :’D