Chapter 24

Kim Jongin: The dangerous maniac

“What plan?” You asked him, eyes staring directly into his eyes.

He took a deep breath before answering, “Not a plan to be exact, just a reason.”

“What? What reason?” Your eyes widen.

“A reason to be with you, to contact you.” He said without breaking the eye contact. You could barely blink as you were so drowned in your own thoughts.

“You can contact me anytime you want without even being my patient. We are friends, aren’t we?”

“I don’t want to just be your friend. I want to be more than that.” He said. You were not stupid, you understood exactly what he meant. But you still didn’t get how all the things could happen without you even acknowledged a thing.

“Wait, so-“

“Yes, I love you, not Min Hee.” He interrupted.

“But-“

“I know it looks so confusing. But let me tell you the story from the very beginning because we have a lot of things needed to be revealed.” He said again.

“Okay.” You were so confused that you just agreed.

“First, our first meeting isn’t our first meeting. We have met in a bar before. You were with a guy at that time. As a maniac, I felt so attracted with your y body and well, my lust was raised as I really wanted to taste you. But even though I tried to gain your attention, you didn’t turn to my direction. You seemed to have a quite deep talk with the guy.”

He paused for a while before continued, “So when EXO dragged me to your office, it was actually our second meeting. I am not going to lie that first, all I want is just to you. But I don’t know what happened with me when I finally got a chance to you, my conscious told me not to. It was when you disguised, remember?”

You nodded your head and still listened to him carefully.

“That was time when I felt my heartbeat was getting faster and faster. And after we ed, I couldn’t leave you alone. I then realized that I didn’t only want to you. I realized that my heart was already yours. All the time I thought that my heart was Min Hee’s because I felt so good after having hot session with her. But it was lust that actually spoke, not love. My love for you that made me change I think. Every time I had a desire to random girls, your image would appear in my mind and my lust would die down immediately. I felt happy when I knew I was back to normal, but I was also sad because that meant, I couldn’t see you often anymore. So, I needed a reason to stay close with you. I used ‘I love Min Hee’ thing. And really, I didn’t know that she had been your patient. I was so shocked, so after that, I immediately told Min Hee to play the game as well.”

It was all too much for you. In one side, you were happy. But on the other side, you felt very stupid and you couldn’t help but to feel fooled as well. You felt your feeling has been played. You felt that you were so blind that you didn’t notice the single thing coming.

“I know that you must be angry to me right now, but just please, don’t hate me.” His eyes were staring at you with hope filled inside them.

As much as you wanted to hate him, you couldn’t.

“I don’t hate you.” You said.

Jongin let out a sigh of relief before flashing a smile. “So?”

“So what?” You asked him back.

He held your hand and stared deeply to your eyes while saying the 6 words that you had been dreaming all day and all night, “Do you want to be mine?”

“What do you think?”

“How the hell I could know?”

“I said ‘think’ not ‘know’.

“From logic side, you don’t want. I had a bad reputation before. I had lied to you. So, from logic side, you will not accept me. But I still have hope for the non-logic side.”

“Well, love is not using logic.” You grinned.

Jongin was confused at first but then he got what you meant. He smiled and gave you a hug.

“I love you.” He said and gave you a sweet kiss that unfortunately couldn’t last long as EXO plus Min Hee had suddenly got in.

“Errr… Sorry for the interruption. I think we will just wait outside?” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head as he and EXO just watched the kissing scene.

“It’s okay, we’re done here.” You said as you blushed.

“It’s okay. Jongin could have all the rest of the visit time.” Suho grinned.

“Yahhh don’t tease me and Soojin!” Kai stood up from his seat and EXO stepped back.

“W-We won’t dare to.” D.O stuttered.

“Good. Now, get lost!” He motioned all of them to go away. You noticed Sehun’s forcing smile once again before he and others disappeared from sight.

“Kai, please just tell me. What happened to Sehun?” You asked him right after you were left alone with Kai.

“He loves you, Soojin. Isn’t that obvious? But he- No, I’m not supposed to tell it.” He shook his head.

“Please… I need to know.” You pleaded.

“I can’t. I’ll ask him once again.” He said as he went out for Sehun. It wasn’t long before he came with Sehun being dragged by him.

“Be a man. Tell her.” He said to the younger.

“What’s the point hyung? She better doesn’t know a thing.” Sehun said and avoided to look at you.

“I want to know Sehun, please… “You pleaded him.

“I will not be able to finish even one of my sentences. I guess if you really want to know, you have to hear it from other people. I myself prefer you don’t know it but if you insist, Kai hyung here knows all the .” He said and pointed Kai before jerking his hands away and walked away.

“He loves you. That’s the main problem for him.” Kai said after Sehun left.

“I know. But why is-“

“Of course he is that gloomy. You are his first love, Soojin. He thought that he could stand a chance with you. But then he said that you love me. He was the one that said that to me and he was also the one that convinced me to confess my feeling to you. He persuaded me. He might seem so childish but believe me or not Soojin, he may be even wiser than all of us. He has a mindset that we probably don’t have. He can think outside the box. He is brilliantly genius!”

Then a huge wave of guilty came inside you. You knew he loved you. He had confessed to you accidently. But you didn’t even notice him as you were so drowned with your own feeling for Jongin. You felt that you didn't deserve to be called a psychologist. 

“Don’t feel so guilty.” He said, then he pulled out something from his pocket and handed it to you, “It’s a letter that Sehun had written for you but he threw it to the dustbin. I think you might want to read it. I better give you some time alone first.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One more chapter to go!

Thanks for the support you all have been giving to me^^

Please leave some comments :D

And if you like the story, please do upvote^^

Love you all!!

~janeloveexo~