chapter 2

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(Jenissi)

 

Everyone just started breakfast when Kidoh storms in. 

“It’s gone! I wanted to record this morning but everything is deleted!” he yells desperately. He hates it when things don’t go as planned or when he can’t find something. Usually the other members hide stuff from Kidoh, just to . I don’t think they did it this time, why would they? They know how important that song is for Kidoh. 

“Someone probably deleted it by accident, thinking it was finished. You can easily redo it. Remember, the music sheet?” I reply calmly while I pur milk in my bowl of cereal. 

“That’s the problem, I can’t find that either” he sighs.

No wonder, in Kyungsoo’s file stuff easily gets lost. It’s so messy and disorganized. I’m curious how he could keep track of it, or maybe he just didn’t. I should take a better look at it, maybe I can decode that messy handwriting of his, which would help a lot. Those deaths that occurred in the house have something in common, Kyungsoo knew that but someone didn’t want him to know. 

“A-tom and I will help you find it, but first eat breakfast, you look like you need it” Hansol’s smile breaks the silence. Kidoh just nods and sits down between him and Xero. I notice something strange with him. 

“Hey Xero, since when do you need lenses?” I ask him. His eyes are blue, it isn’t something for him to wear lenses, especially no circle lenses. Xero’s eyes are perfectly fine. 

“I don’t really need them, I just follow Hansol’s trend, something new to try out” He blushes. Weird, I thought he didn’t like Hansol’s choice of fashion. Hansol’s style is… how do you say that? It is quite unique, with his big, blue circle lenses and odd hair colours he always stands out in the group. He and a few others, Xero included, have dyed their hair in a lot of different colours. I have to admit that the lenses match his hair very well.

 

Later in the evening Hansol, A-tom and Kidoh come back home, they’d found nothing. Hojoon and Nakta are home but the rest is still in the practice room. I ask them if the won’t disturb me and go to my room with Kyungsoo’s file. Somewhere in the background I hear Nakta saying that he’s going to the grocery store. If he doesn’t stay away for too long I don’t really care.

 

(Nakta)

 

I wanted to get an evening snack, but the fridge is empty. What else do you expect, living with 9 guys in one dorm? It would be better if I buy some groceries now. With our tight schedule it’s impossible to do some morning shopping for breakfast, and nobody likes to be around a hungry B-joo. It is already getting dark but the streetlights hadn’t been yet. Is this actually a good idea?

After I have bought everything from my shopping list I see Xero running through the streets towards me. 

“I’ve been looking for you! Let me help, I know a shorter way to the dorm” He is still panting a little bit from the running. I simply nod when he takes over some of the bags. A shorter route, why not? I don’t like being on the streets after dark anyway.

We are walking for a while when I seriously start to question Xero’s ‘short route’. 

“Xero, are you sure were going in the right direction? I don’t remember this place at all” I ask him. He turns around and smiles at me, his big, blue eyes light up for a moment. Suddenly he runs into an alley. “Where are you going?!” I yell at Xero. He gives me no other choice than to follow him. I run through the dark alleyways, concentrating on Xero’s loud footsteps. I stop when I stand in the middle of a park. I see his shopping bags on the other side, but there is no sign of Xero himself. “Xero! It’s not funny anymore, lets go home!” I look around and only see darkness, shadows and a pair of ice blue glowing eyes.

Wait, what?

A split second later I’m thrown on the ground. I can’t get up, something or someone is holding me down. I look up and see Xero, why is he doing this? “What is wrong with you? Let me go idiot!” I growl. 

“Don’t be scared Nakta, it’s part of the game. Using this body is a whole improvement don’t you think? I wish I could’ve done the same when Kyungsoo and his friends were still alive," Xero speaks with a cold, magnetic tone. This isn’t Xero’s voice, this is the voice of a young girl. What does she mean with using a body? What did she do to Kyungsoo and his friends? Did she… kill them? Questions are racing through my head.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO XERO?!” I start to panic, but she (or he, since it still is Xero’s body) grins and takes out a dagger. Xero raises the weapon and I feel a sharp sting in my left shoulder, followed by a sweet, metallic smell. I am being stabbed more and more times, our clothes are soaked with my blood. After a while Xero throws the dagger away. Even though I am barely conscious, I still feel my head being raised and smacked down on the pavement. Again and again until I hear the sound of breaking bones, my vision becomes red and blurry, and then there is nothing.

 

(Xero)

 

I wake up. I blink a few times when I realize in what for position I am. I’m sitting on Nakta’s dead body, my hands around his broken skull and covered with blood. I quickly jump off him, trying to get as far away from the corps as possible. When I think there is enough distance between us, I curl up and start crying. Why did I do such a thing? How is it even possible that I kill my friend, and don’t remember it? The memories of me leaving the practice room until looking into my dead friend’s eyes are completely erased. Maybe that’s a good thing, I don’t want to remember what I’ve done to Nakta.

“Look at your wrist” I hear a voice ringing inside my head. I look and see a small black rose appear on my right wrist, it’s just like a simple tattoo. “When you’ve collected eight roses, I’ll let you go. One black rose for each grave that you let me fill” the voice rings. This is absurd, have I gone insane? I just killed Nakta and now I hear voices in my head. What does that voice even mean with letting it fill graves? Then I realize, eight roses and my eight friends. Nakta was just the first to die, the rest of my friends will follow soon. I have to think of a way to warn them…

“Don’t even think about betraying me, if I get the slightest suspicion that you try to warn them, I’ll kill you. More painful than you can ever imagine” the voice hisses. Chills go down my spine. If I don’t do it I’ll die, but if I cooperate my friends will die. 

“Then tell me at least who you are” I ask after a short silence.

“I’m known as Nix. The demon of ice”