chapter 3

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(Xero)

 

I am still shaking on my legs, my cheeks are wet of tears and my clothes soak with blood.

“It would be better if you took a shower and change, you stink”

“And whose fault is that Nix? Yours am I right?”

She makes me slap myself in the face. Nix is pretty hot tempered for an ice demon.

“Did you forget that I can control your body, or totally take over? There are some extra clothes in the practice room, and if I’m correct there are also showers”

I sigh and start walking back, struggling to find my way through the darkness, Leaving Nakta’s body. A layer of ice starts forming on his dead eyes.

 

(Jenissi)

 

Nix is a centuries old demon which usually takes on the form of a young girl with black hair and ice blue eyes. She is known for her song that will bring her curse upon people who sing or listen to it. Nix always leaves black roses behind by her victims or hosts…

“Interesting, that means that she can take over a body, but it’s not necessary”

She is the youngest and most childish of the devil’s five.

I close the file, Kidoh has to see this. It takes me a while to find him, but eventually I find him hidden behind the couch, writing lyrics.

“Kidoh, can I speak with you for a moment?”

I show him what I have found, the facts, the notes and sketches. Everything is connected. How is it possible that Kidoh hasn’t noticed? He probably didn’t want to believe that his brother had studied demons and curses.

“The devil’s five? Who are the other four then?”

He doesn’t seem to believe me. The file only contains information about Nix. There is nothing on the others, except that there are in total two females and three males, all siblings from each other.

“You have to believe me. Kyungsoo knew something! He saw how the deaths were connected and wrote everything down. That song has a strange influence on people. Somebody knew that and deleted your works so nobody would get hurt. Why can’t you see it? Your brother was right!” I yell at him.

Everything fits together perfectly. Kidoh just stares at me with confused and sad eyes.

“I don’t believe you. There was something wrong with Kyungsoo, he hallucinated, I’m sure of it. Those deaths were either suicide or accidents, the police told me so”

We hear the front door open. Then I realize that Nakta isn’t home yet. Shopping doesn’t take that long.

“Xero! What took you so long? You promised that you would watch a film with us!” Greeted B-joo and Hansol in unison.

This made me smile. The three have been friends since the beginning of time. The dorm would have been a lot duller without those pranksters and everyone knew that.

“Have you seen Nakta? He went grocery shopping but hasn’t returned yet”

Hojoon and Seogoong join the conversation. By hearing those words Xavier turns pale, there is something strange going on with him.

“No I haven’t. Where can he be?”

“He probably saw one of his friends and is now at their place. You know how easily distracted Nakta is. Oh and by the way, A-tom is also staying over by a friend”

Seogoong tries to comfort Xero, he probably thinks that he is worried to death about him. Usually it’s mine or Kidoh’s job to comfort the others when they are stressed or sad, but neither of us is in the mood to do so. Xero looks at us with guilt in his eyes. I wonder why.

“What are we going to watch?”

Hansol asks, breaking the ice as usual.

“Let’s go watch frozen! Come on guys”

B-joo says as he drags the two others along to the living room.

“Why am I living together with a bunch of kids? Aren’t you guys a little bit too old for Disney?” complains Hojoon.

He folds his arms, but he and Seogoong soon follow them with a bowl of popcorn in their hands. I shake my head in amusement. As the oldest I always enjoy watching scenes like this. While training everyone is behaving professionally, but as soon as we get home I feel like I enter a kindergarten.

“Shall we join too? Or are we going to act like two grumpy old men?” I ask Kidoh

He burst out in laughter by my funny facial expression. We hear the doorbell ring.

“Oh hell to the no! I’m grabbing some extra popcorn while you open the door. If it’s Nakta, ask him if he wants to join us”

He disappears into the kitchen. I go to the front door to open it, there is no one there. I look down and see a bouquet of roses, five black roses, in front of the doorstep. There is a card hanging on one of the stalks.

 

For the blue haired dancer

From a few far relatives

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I was on an excursion with my school to the zoo, drawing animals and stuff.

hope you like the extra info. please comment and subscribe for more :D

Katya