chapter 7

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(A-tom)

 

I already didn’t have a good night rest and it certainly doesn’t help that I suddenly hear Hansol scream. I jump out of bed and rush together with the rest to Hojoon’s room, where the scream comes from. I smack the door open and see Hansol’s terrified eyes looking at Hojoon, who isn’t breathing.

“I-I came to wake him u-up, but he didn’t react

What? When did that happen? Kidoh walks over to Hojoon and checks his pulse, he shakes his head. B-joo immediately calls an ambulance when Xero calmly walks in, with a placid expression he looks at the dead body. How can he look like that? Doesn’t he realize that Hojoon is dead?

“It’s sad that he died so young, I’ll always remember him,” Xero says out loud as if he’s already at the funeral.

Jenissi becomes red and grabs Xero by the neck and locks him up in his room. I expect him to start banging on the door, yelling that we should let him out, but there comes nothing. His room is completely silent. I try to calm Hansol down as B-joo opens the door to let the people from the ambulance in, the doctor with the creepy green eyes is also here. What was his name again? He immediately walks over to the body to investigate.

“Cause of death: heart attack. He died around 2 AM. Looking at his closed eyes it all happened in his sleep, he never noticed anything”

He stands up and helps the others to take away the body. They leave as fast as they came, not even one of them said something to us. Can they simply do that? Take away a body without saying anything? There’s something wrong here.

 

(Hansol)

 

“Everyone to the living room. Now” Kidoh demands and grabs B-joo’s and A-tom’s wrists.

I follow them, Jenissi takes Xero out of his room. We all stand around him while he stands with his back against the wall, like a trapped animal. B-joo is nervously playing with his water bottle while Kidoh and Jenissi are arm crossed giving Xero some kind of death glare. I glance at A-tom, he seems just as confused as I am. The seconds passing by seem like hours.

“We know what happened, it’s better to confess right now or else there will be major consequences. Nix” Jenissi and Kidoh say in unison.

What the hell are they talking about? That isn’t Nix. Xero looks up, he glances at B-joo who is just about to take a sip from his water bottle, an evil grin spreads across his face and his eyes turn icy blue. B-joo’s eyes widen, he makes chocking noises and starts to cough up blood. He falls down on his knees. More and more blood comes out, I never expected that it was possible to have this much blood coming out of you. He drops his bottle, a white liquid spreads itself all over the floor, bleach. B-joo continues shaking and twitching until his eyes roll back and he lies still. A hysterical laughter escapes Xero’s mouth.

“Four dead, four to go”

That’s not Xero, it is Nix who speaks. Suddenly a cold chill goes down my spine. I don’t know what’s happening to me, but I have to get out. I run outside, faster and faster while fear consumes me. I hear the others scream, telling me to stop, but I can’t. I run to the park and then I see them.

Shadows I’ve tried to hide deep inside my mind, they’ve come to life. Their formless features have haunted me for years. Every fear, every moment in my life I’ve tried to forget, is now about to rip me apart. They crawl closer, surrounding me until they are the only thing is see. I want to scream, but it’s hard for me to even breathe. The creatures claw on my clothing and skin, leaving deep marks behind. I look down, expecting to see blood dripping out of my multiple wounds. Instead I see a tarry, black liquid coming out of me. Their biting and clawing gets more and more aggressive. They start ripping of my fingers one by one, those are then followed by my ears and other limbs. I thought I would be already dead by now, but I’m not. Their formless, shadowy hands go into my mouth, pulling out my teeth and ripping out my tongue. They claw out my eyeballs and I feel that some of them are rummaging through my intestines and ribcage. My head gets smacked against a hard surface multiple times, more tarry liquid flows out of my body. The pain is unbearable when finally I feel my heart and throat being ripped out.

“Five dead, three to go”

Then there is only darkness…

 

Lastly Caera gives me a small package, leave it under their bed and the next day their fears and regrets will torture and rip them apart.

 

 

(A-tom)

 

We follow Hansol as fast as we can, but when we arrived his body is almost unrecognizable. That isn’t Hansol anymore, it’s some kind of human pulp, covered with a black liquid. I’m in shock, what happened to him? We hear hysterical laughter behind us, Xero. His eyes are wide open and his pupils are barely visible, a wide grin is spread across his face. Xero’s arms and clothes are covered with frost.

“My sister is really good at helping me out isn’t she?”

Then, before Jenissi or Kidoh can hold him back he jumps one me and I feel a stinging pain in my chest. Xero pulls back the knife he had rammed in my chest, but I see no wound. Warm liquid starts dripping down my chest and spine, blood. How is that possible? I have no wounds so I’m not supposed to bleed. More blood starts flowing out, not only from the invisible wound but also from my eyes and mouth. What is happening? My vision becomes blurry and red, I fall backwards. As I lie there in the grass, couching up more and more blood I see a young girls face. The girl from Kyungsoo’s sketches, then I see the doctor, the fireman and two others I don’t recognise. Everything starts to fade away, except their strange, glowing eyes. Those are the last things I see.

 

 

 

 

Leroux gives me a dagger, leaves no wounds but his blood will flow and his soul, will be ours.