chapter 6

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(Jenissi)

 

“Are you sure about her?” Kidoh asks me for the thousandth time.

I notice in his voice that he still doesn’t fully trust me.

“No, but we have no other choice than to trust her. Go and get everyone in the car, except Xero of course”

Kidoh nods and leaves the room. I pick up the newspaper article again and start to read.

 

Medium Park Luna. Will help you make contact with your passed away friends and family. The only requirement is that you have an object that once was from the passed away person. Call me if you have any questions. I only work in the weekend.

 

Even though it is a small article I had noticed it directly. I walk to the front door where I see Xero blocking my way.

“Hyung, where are you going? Why do I need to stay here?”

Aish, I didn’t expect him to ask questions. What would be a good excuse for leaving him alone?

“That’s none of your business, yet. It’s a surprise, and it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore if you already knew about it”

I shove Xero aside and close the door. I’m so glad that his birthday is over a few weeks. I just realize that I still need to buy a present for him, dammit.

 

“Are you really sure about her?” This time it is A-tom who asks it.

I growl at him, if I hear that question one more time, I’ll kill someone. When we arrive someone is waiting for us.

“Are you Jenissi, Kidoh, A-tom, Hojoon, B-joo and Hansol? My name is Luna, come in”

She gestures us to follow her. How does she know our names? For a medium, Luna looks pretty young. She’s cute, apart from her deep, dark eyes. Inside her house it’s bright and cosy. I expected a weird atmosphere with all kinds of strange objects everywhere. Well, I guess I was wrong. We sit down around the kitchen table.

“So, who do you want to speak to?”

We all stare at her for a few seconds until Kidoh puts the small bottle that was found next to Kyungsoo’s body on the table.

“Byun Baekhyun, he was the demon hunter that tried to help my brother. We need to know what happened to him and WHY my brother contacted him in the first place”

Luna nods and picks up the small bottle. All the lights flicker and fall out, the kitchen table is nowhere to be found. Darkness surrounds us but we’re still able to see each other clearly.

“W-what is going on?” Hansol asks with a thin voice.

A ghostly looking figure appears in the middle of the circle. I didn’t expect a cute looking boy with too much eyeliner on, for a second I was afraid that this was the wrong Baekhyun.

“Why did you summon me?”

His voice is cold and monotone, I can see everyone shiver, except Luna. She is probably used to the voices of the dead. Baekhyun looks around until he finds Kidoh.

“What is Kyungsoo’s brother doing here? I thought you were dead just like the rest”

“We want to know why Kidoh’s brother contacted you, and how you died” Answered A-tom. 

He’s scared, everyone can see that, even Baekhyun. I realize that Luna hasn’t talked yet, I look at her and see that her eyes have a strange glow, she’s in some kind of strange trance.

“Chen was the one that contacted me, they needed help with an ice demon. You want to know how I died? I died because they failed”

 

(Xero)

 

They aren’t even gone for 10 minutes when I hear the doorbell ring. Did they forget something, or do they want me to come with them after all? I open the door and stare right into Leroux’s blood red eyes.

“Xero! How are you doing my friend?”

He hugs me tightly, I cringe by the touch of him.

“Nobody’s home, you can act normal again” I say with an annoyed voice.

He clears his throat and signals me to follow him to the living room. We both sit facing each other on the floor when he pulls out a dagger. What is he going to do to me?

“Listen very carefully Nix. We don’t have much time anymore, if don’t kill them quickly father will kill us all, your human included. Do you understand?”

“Yes I understand brother, but what do you want me to do when they’re all gone?”

Leroux smiles his evil smile, his eyes glow up.

“Set up some things maybe? Hey Xero, do you like videogames? We can play a few when we’re done”

 

(Luna)

 

I wake up from my trance and look at the faces of my clients, all of them are quite upset.

“Are you done talking?” I ask them.

All of them nod and mumble a ‘thank you’.

“Can you do us a favour? Do you think you can keep something safe for us when we come back next time?”

The guy who’s probably B-joo asks. I nod and let them leave. When I’m alone in my house I hear the voice in my head again.

“Good job Luna, you’re a great host”

“Thank you Caera…”

 

Later that night

 

(Xero)

 

I quietly sneak into Hojoon’s room, the syringe in my hand. I look at him, he’s sleeping peacefully. I feel horrible, but at least he won’t notice. Hojoon will simply never wake up.

“I’m sorry, but I have no choice” I whisper when I inject the colourless liquid into his neck.

I check his pulse after a few minutes, there is none. I look at my wrist and see a third black rose appear.

“Three dead, four to go”

 

 

Nathraichean gives me a syringe with a strange liquid. potassium chloride he tells me, gives an instant heart attack and is untraceable after death.

 

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. comment what you think of it, and who is actually your favourite demon so far? mine is Leroux :P