chapter 5

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(Kidoh)

 

Unbelievable. First Nakta gets murdered, now someone dies in a fire. Luck hasn’t been on our side since I lost the song. Maybe Jenissi is right? No, no way. I shove that idea out of my head. Something like that is impossible, right? We arrive by the practice room, it is totally burned down, and nothing is left.

“How did this happen?! Where are Xero and Seogoong?”

B-joo and Hansol directly run to the police officers to ask where our friends are. Jenissi finds something and beckones A-tom and Hojoon to come over to him. I sit quietly in the car, I don’t want to deal with this anymore. Suddenly A-tom knocks on the window.

“Hyung! You need to see this!”

He pulls me out of the car and drags me to where Hojoon and Jenissi are standing. Their facial expression worry me, what is so upsetting? I look and see something written on the pavement; NiXero. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

“This isn’t right, the two names are combined, what did he try to say? All I can come up with is that he got in contact with her and something happened to them” Hojoon and Jenissi say in unison.

A-tom is a little bit pale from all the blood and is blinking like crazy. Hold on, Nix? Isn’t that the demon from Kyungsoo? The discussions about her are only between me, Jenissi, Hojoon and Seogoong. How did Xero find out about Nix? He’s not someone who would eavesdrop.

“SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE TATTOOS?”

I hear Hansol yell, he is holding Xero’s wrist. There are two black roses tattooed on his underarm. Then I remember the bouquet of black roses delivered at our house, they were for Xero.

“Leave that guy alone, don’t you see he doesn’t want to talk to you?”

One of the fire fighters chased them away so a doctor could investigate Xero’s wounds. I notice something, their eye colour is very abnormal. The fire fighter has eyes that glowed up like hot coals and the doctor’s eyes are hell green.

“Thank you Nathraichean” I hear Xero whisper to the doctor.

Does he know that guy?

“Black roses, Nix, is this coincidence? I don’t think so,” Jenissi tells me.

I don’t know how to react, everything seems right, but how? Demons don’t exist, let alone posses someone to kill.

“Lets just keep an eye on him, I’m not fully convinced yet”

“Fine, whatever you want” Jenissi shrugs.

 

 

 

 

(B-joo)

 

After being send away from Xero, Hansol and I start asking around for Seogoong. We shouldn’t have done that.

“Excuse me but do you know where Seogoong is?”

The guy just points to the practice room, two people just drag out a body bag. I feel chills go down my spine. This isn’t true, Seogoong can’t be dead. Hansol also notices the body bag and runs towards me.

“Please tell me that’s not Seogoong, not so soon after Nakta!”

“I’m sorry but it’s true, it would be better if we all got back to the dorm. Lets go guys”

Hojoon leads us back to the car. Everyone looks sad, some even have tears in their eyes, except Xero, he had a hard, cold look in his eyes and is clenching his fists. I feel sorry for him, seeing Seogoong die was probably very hard for him. It would be better if I don’t ask any questions. He wouldn’t answer them anyway.

 

 

(Xero)

 

Kidoh and Jenissi are looking weird at me. Do they know? If Nix suspects them they probably will be next. I don’t want to kill more of my hyungs.

“I’ll keep the most interesting for last. No need to worry”

Is it really a game for her? Doesn’t she have any feelings, can’t she feel any mercy?

“I’m a demon who has killed for centuries, human lives have no meaning for me, did you expect something else?”

I sigh, she always wants to have the last word. Maybe I can find some interesting stuff about her in Jaye’s file.

“Go ahead, we can do a Q&A if you want”

I sneak into Jenissi’s room and grab the file, I recently have become very good at stealing stuff. Lets see what Jaye knew about you Nix. I sit down behind the couch, invisible for the others.

She is known for her song that will bring her curse upon people who sing or listen to it. Nix always leaves black roses behind by her victims or hosts.

Now I understand what happened to me. I was so stupid to sing her song and that caused me to become her host. If there is no host involved she will simply leave a black rose after she killed her victim. If she uses a host he or she will get a tattoo of a black rose, a mark of the power she has over them.

“What are you doing?”

I look up, Jenissi’s shadow looms over me, he seems angry. What did I do wrong? It’s not forbidden to read behind the couch, but I think it would have been handier if I asked for the file first.

“He wouldn’t have given to you. He knows something, but I don’t know how much”

“Can you give it back? I need to look up something”

He snatches the file out of my hands and leaves the room.

 

(Jenissi)

 

What was Xero doing with Kyungsoo’s file? I shake my head, it doesn’t matter now.

“Here it is, I think I saw the number somewhere” I tell Kidoh.

We both scan through the pages until we find it. Byun Baekhyun-demon hunter. What a strange name, especially for someone who hunts demons. We call the phone number.

“Hello? Who is this?”

It is the voice of a woman, I didn’t expect to hear that.

“Hello we are Jenissi and Kidoh. Were looking for Kenneth Wynter, Kidoh’s brother Kyungsoo was a client of him, can you please hand him the phone?”

I hear someone starting to sob in the background by hearing the name Baekhyun, did I say something wrong?

“I wish I could, but Baekhyun is dead. I remember a Kyungsoo, he gave him a small bottle or something like that. I’m sorry that I can’t help you two any further”

She hangs up.

“What are we going to do know?” Kidoh asks confused.

“Look for someone who can summon ghosts”

 

 

A/N: can you now guess what Baekkie is? :D please comment and vote on this poll