Xero

P O S S E S S E D (part 2)

(Xero)

 

I look at A-tom’s dead body, then at the bloody pulp that used to be Hansol. I see Jenissi’s and Kidoh’s frightened eyes, they know what is going to come. I feel Nix’ presence in my body more that ever. Her cold aura is surrounding me. Unlike with the other times I’m fully consious of what I’m doing. I slowly walk over to my two remaining friends. They want to turn around but they are stopped by a huge wall of ice, there is no way out.

“Kill them. Kill them slowly and painfuly, then you will be free from me like I promised”

I don’t want to do this, but I don’t want to be her host anymore, I want to free. Let’s see, who should I kill first? I feel cold, I see frost covering my body. For some strange reason, I like it. An evil grin spreads over my face as I see my friends, desperatley trying to get away. I start singing, the mysterious melody that started it all. If Jaye didn’t go out into the forest he would be still alive, and I wouldn’t have to murder his brother. The words that first felt so strange in my mouth are now familiar and rather welcoming, I sing this song every night when everyone is asleep. Without it I wouldn’t be able to stay concious. Then I see them, the people who where murdered by Nix. I see Kyungsoo and his friends, my friends and a guy I don’t recognize. I can exactly see how they were killed. Kyungsoo’s body is strangely twisted, he looks more like a ragdoll rather than an actual person. Tao’s throat is sliced in a gruesome way, blood is still dripping from the gaping wound. Chanyeol is completely soaked and there are shards of glass sticking out of his body. There is a rope around Lay’s neck, still suffocating him. Chen is covered with bite marks and misses a lot of limbs, bones and flesh are exposed. Suho’s chest cavity is broken open, I can see everything inside of him, but his heart is not there. He holds his own, frozen heart in his hand. There seems nothing wrong with guy I don’t recognize, but then I see that his eyes are hollow. He opens his mouth and I see that he is literally frozen from the inside. They all died in a different way but all have one thing in common, they hold a black rose in their hands.

I see my friends, the friends I killed for my own survival. I look at Nakta, his chest bloody and his head fully deformed by me repeatedly banging it onto the pavement. Seogoong, his body shrivelled and scorched, I burned him to ashes. Hojoon, still in his pyjamas, pale. He is the luckiest of them all, he didn’t feel a thing. I look at B-joo holding his water bottle, blood is still coming out of his mouth, and his clothes and skin are covered in bleach. Hansol’s hollow eye sockets are staring at me. He has no limbs, no ears or tongue and his chest is ripped open, his own guts surrounding him. At last I see A-tom, his clothes are soaked and there is blood coming out of his eyes.

I did this to them, I killed because I am selfish. I find my life more important than theirs, but that doesn’t matter anymore. When I finally kill Kidoh and Jenissi everything will be over. Then I can start again.

“I’m sorry my friends, but this is a thing I have to do”

I run towards Kidoh and throw him on the ground, I put my hands around his neck and start squeezing. Jenissi want to help him but Kidoh shakes his head.

“Don’t help me. Now I can finally be with my brother. Farewell”

Kidoh’s eyes roll back and stops breathing. I look at my wrist and see the seventh black rose appear. I stand up and turn my head to look at jenissi. He stands completely still, but his legs are shaking.

“B-before you kill me, I want to give Xero this letter. Open it when you’re free from her. Please make it quick my friend”

He shuts his eyes and clenches his fists. I smirk when I hear him scream as I stab the knife I brought with me from the kitchen up into his guts. I slowly let the knife go up to his stomach, and then to his heart. His eyes open for one last time and he looks at me with disappointment. Jenissi’s dead body falls to the ground. I feel relieved, it’s over, and my nightmare is coming to an end. A cold wind surrounds me and it rips the demon out of my soul. She stands there, the girl who controlled my mind all this time. She smiles at me, as if she’s thankful.

“Come on, read the letter your friend gave you I’ll wait”

I nod, open the envelope and start reading.

 

Dear Xero

By the time you read this you are free and I’m dead. I don’t blame you for killing us, I would’ve done the same. I would do everything to be free again. You need to read this carefully and make sure that Nix can’t read this. In order to prevent this from happening ever again you need to get rid of Nix. In this envelope you will find a small bottle with a strange liquid. This was given to Kyungsoo by Byun Baekhyun, a demon hunter. It contains Kyungsoo’s blood. He was the one to wake her up, and he can make her go to sleep again. Pour the liquid over her and she will turn into her original form. After you have done that you need to go to the medium named Park Luna, she will keep Nix safely locked up. I wish you the best of luck with it.

You’re friend no matter what.

Jenissi

 

I look up from the letter and stare at Nix.

“First of all I want to thank you for letting me stay alive, but also for teaching me how important life and trust is”

I walk over to Nix and embrace her. She stiffens a little bit by the sudden contact but hugs me eventually back.

“But you forgot that you also taught me how to kill” I quietly whisper I her ear.

Her eyes widen and she shrieks in pain when I let the liquid drip over her back. Smoke surrounds her as she shrinks and shrinks. A minute or two later I pick up the black rose that is left.

 

(The next day)

 

“Hello my name is Xero, are you Park Luna?”

She nods and leads me to the kitchen table. I sit down facing her and stare in her eyes for a few minutes. I can see that she is very uncomfortable. I cough and put the black rose on the table. By doing that I expose my tattoos, eight black roses. She turns pale and looks at me with an open mouth.

“Is this what I think that it is?”

“It’s not an IT, it’s a SHE”

I tell her. She shakes her head in disbelieve. Out of nowhere Luna stands up and takes out her phone.

“Yes it’s me. He did it, you can come over to pick her up”

I stare at her in confusion as she hangs up. Luna smiles and asks me if I want some tea. I slightly nod. Who was that on the phone? Half an hour and three cups of tea later I hear someone knocking on the door. Luna opens it and four people walk into the living room. Caera, Ryu, Nathraichean and Leroux. They smile at me but I don’t want to look at them. They sit down facing me. After an awkward silence Caera sighs.

“Listen Xero. We want to thank you for capturing our younger sister. She was always a troublemaker but we didn’t know that she would go this far with her games. To show our gratitude we offer you a choice. You become one of us, or we’ll erase your memories”

I chuckle. How straight forward, it sounds more like a threat than a choice. I look at the demons who gave me their support. Ryu, who made sure that the fire looked like an accident. Nathraichean, who helped me quickly recover from all the pain I had. Leroux, who wanted to listen and be my friend. I see Caera, she isn’t a scary, cold demon anymore, she is a protective older sister.

“I’ll come with you. I have nothing left on earth anyway”

We stand up and shake each other’s hands, like we just made a deal. I actually made a deal, a deal with a demon, but this is a good deal.

“Let’s go brother. Xero, the demon of rivalry”

How original. My rivalry with Kidoh destroyed me, now it will be my greatest power.

 

 

A/N: it's over! My second story is finished. did you like it? should I stop or should I make another story? I'm very thankful that you took your time reading this, I hope that you don't think that you wasted your time. bye!

Katya :D