Ever After.

Hard And Soft Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
HI GUYS!   This is it.   This is the ever after.   I hope you all enjoy this piece of me, the longest I've ever made, and yet the most memorable one. I can see my writing style changes through this story and I am so sorry it took me 8 years to finish this piece, and I'm sorry that I have to shortened the story SO SHORT. But I figure I cannot just leave the story hanging. I hope you guys can find this ending acceptable. And I hope you guys like it. Enjoy the last chapter of "Hard and Soft Melody" everyone!    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO.

 

Chapter 46

 

Jinah looked at her room. The room was half clean when she came back from the hospital. And clean it means her stuff it mostly packed. She sighed and ran downstairs as she looked at more boxes packed at her house. She ran to her parent’s room and found both of her parents setting up stuff on their room. “I thought you’re not serious about this”.

 

“Oh, we are” Mr. Kim shook his head and looked at his only child, “you know that you mean a lot to us, Kim Jinah. We almost lose you twice. And we need to make sure that’s not going to happen again for the third time”.

 

“Appa, but I survived” Jinah tried to defend herself.

 

“So what? We should be cautious when you are already gone? That is not how it works sweetie” Mrs. Kim defended her husband, “we just want you to be safe my dear. Please don’t make this hard on us”.

 

“For how long?” Jinah asked her parents once again. “At least let me know when we are coming back.”

 

“We’re leaving for a while Kim Jinah. You know that. You see that we packed most of your stuff upstairs” Mr. Kim answered.

 

“Just give me a duration,” Jinah begged her dad.

 

Mr. Kim looked at his only daughter with a hesitation in his eyes. However, Jinah deserve to know. 

 

“5 years” he replied to her.

 

***

 

Mrs. Kang looked at her only son behind the glass. Right now, Siwon is in an investigation phase. It’s not easy for Mrs. Kang to see her only son captured like this, but she sure know what Siwon is capable of, so him staying in jail might be the best for all.

 

“Eomma-“ Siwon called his mom, “you will help me, right?”

 

“Siwon-ah” Mrs. Kang looked at him softly, “you’ve gone too far this time my dear. I don’t think I can help you. But I will always be there for you”.

 

“Mom, you don’t understand. We are so close to freedom-“

 

“I already freed you when I asked you to come back, but you made things worst with your father, didn’t you” Mrs. Kang looked at him. Siwon frowned.

 

“But he hurt you. He hurt us!” Siwon defended his action, “he deserve it!”

 

“No one deserve to die on the hand of other people, Kang Siwon” Mrs. Kang woke him and hit him with her words, “we’re not God. We’re not the creator of life, so we are not allowed to take away something we didn’t even make or have powers of”

 

“Mom, you’re saying this because you’re scared” Siwon still tries to persuade his mother. He really thought that his mom would support him 100 percent. Now that his mom is not in a same page as he is, he feels lonely. Slowly, the regret feelings start coming in and he started to think if all his idea was really stupid.

 

“I am scared” Mrs. Kang nodded, “but not to your father. To you. And what you’re capable of.”

 

“Mom-“

 

“Take a rest for a while, okay my son?” Mrs. Kang calm him down. She did not realize but tears started to fall from her eyes as she looked at her only son in jail. ‘What did I do wrong? Why is he inside?’ she started to cry.

 

“Mom-“ Siwon looked at his only mother crying in front of him. Her face has an eye bag and it looks like she has not slept for 3 days. Her pale skin looked really pale as if she hasn’t eaten anything yet. “Mom, please take some rest.”

 

“I’m okay” Mrs. Kang tried to hide her sadness and wiped away her own tears. “I just have something in my eyes”

 

“Mom, get some rest” Siwon asked her one more time. He took a deep breath. “I’m going to rest here and think as well”. She looked at Siwon as he tried to make a smiled in front of his mother. Mrs. Kang smiled and finally nodded.

 

“Good. That’s my son.”

 

***

 

Jinah looked at Yixing who is still lying on his. He has been unconscious for 5 days now. He’s getting better but has not opened his eyes just yet. Yixing’s parents were sitting right across his bed waiting for their son to wake up since nobody really know when it is gonna happen.

 

“Did you talk to the doctor?” Jinah asked Yixing’s mom and she nodded, “what did they say?” Jinah asked while looking at him. She sat on the chair placed on the right side of the bed and Yixing’s mom on the other side. “Is he going to be okay?”

 

“We should put a trust on him” She smiled at Jinah, “he’s going to be okay”

Just when his mom stops talking, Jinah saw Yixing’s hand moving. “Mrs. Zhang” Jinah called her, “I think Yixing’s moving just a moment ago”

 

Yixing’s mom looked at her son’s hand. The hand seems to try to reach her. “Zhang Yixing, are you awake?” His mom asked and Yixing replied by reaching to his mom’s hand even further. After he succeed, he hold his mom’s hand as an answer. “Jinah, please call the doctor” Mrs. Zhang requested to Jinah and she nodded. She ran out and immediately look for the nearest doctor. The doctors were quick enough to immediately follow her to his room to check on him. It all happened so fast. Doctors were checking on his vitals while Jinah were watching from the corner of the room.

 

Yixing is getting better.

 

Once he wakes up and ready to talk, it’s her time to go.

 

Without realizing, she shed a tears. She realize that her feelings towards Yiixng would always be like brothers and sister, but God, leaving him would probably the hardest thing she would ever have to do.

 

“They still have to check his vital before he can really speak. Maybe we should wait outside” Yixing’s mom invited Jinah to wait with her outside. She follows the sophisticated woman outside and looked at her from the back. Her back shows how tired she is, it shows how scared and worried she is. ‘If only he’s not connected with me’ Jinah thought.

 

“You have to stop blaming yourself,” Mrs. Zhang all of the sudden speak to her while Jinah were still at her back, “Yixing is a good guy. It’s his decision to protect you, and him being in this condition is his choice as well. He just wants to be a good person. Don’t take credit for it”

 

Jinah froze. Everyone said the same thing to her but Mrs. Zhang’s word strikes the most. She is so focus on Yixing on recovery because of her, and not thinking just a bit that maybe Yixing is doing this not for her, but only because he’s a really nice person.

 

“I see, Mrs. Zhang” Jinah nodded, “Yixing is lucky to have a mom like you,”

 

Mrs. Zhang turn around and smile, “Thank you. You should be grateful for your parents as well” 

Mrs. Zhang replied, “and your parents, would only want the best for you. Believe me, we all wants the best for our kids, in different ways, sometimes”

 

“I see” Jinah nodded. She could see that Mrs. Zhang tried to impart message to her that her parents are actually up to something.

 

“Mrs. Zhang?” A voice from one of the doctor seems to call Mrs. Zhang. She immediately look at the doctor and waiting for the good news, “Yixing is awake. You can see him now”

Mrs. Zhang ran towards the room and walked inside immediately, leaving Jinah outside by herself. 

 

Jinah choose to wait outside while Mrs. Zhang checks up on Jinah. She waited for at least 30 minutes but Mrs. Zhang hasn’t come out from Yixing’s room.

 

“Jinah-ya” Jinah heard a voice calling her and she saw Luhan standing right near her. “Hey” She greeted him as he sit next to her, “what are you doing here?” He asked.


“Seems like Yixing’s awake” Jinah’s informed him, “I’m just waiting for Mrs. Zhang to come out and tell me how it went”

 

“Or you can just walk inside” Luhan gave her another option.

 

“I think she would like to be with him just two of them” Jinah replied, “anyway, she almost lost her son. I think I should just give them privacy”

 

“I see” Luhan nodded, “have you eaten? I brought food” Luhan lift a plastic bags full with kimbab, “I brought all kinds of Kimbab. I don’t know which one you like”

 

“Thank you. You don’t have to” Jinah smiled and took the plastic from Luhan. She grabbed 1 roll of Kimbab and ate them, “how’s Siwon?”

 

“Oh, he’s going on trial next week with all of his bodyguards” Luhan replied, “why are you asking about him?”

 

“I’m just curious” Jinah smiled, “how are you?” Jinah asked Luhan.

 

“I’m okay. I miss your smile, that’s for sure” Luhan looked at Jinah seriously, “that smile a while ago, but bigger”

 

Jinah smiled again and Luhan smiled, “there you go”

 

“Thank you” Jinah said to Luhan, “it’s not easy, I must tell you. But it’s easier with you around, I have to say”

 

“I wish you don’t have to go” Luhan replied, “we haven’t really-“

 

“I told you oppa, it’s not about us. It’s something bigger than us”

 

“It will always be about other people, but then, what about us? What about what you and I want? What we want?” Luhan grabbed one of Jinah’s hand, “You know there’s no perfect time. We just have to deal with it”

 

“I—“ Jinah looked around, “I don’t know. My head is all over the place right now”. Both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter