Ich Liebe Dich

The Lost Ring

I'm lying on my bed while still pondering about what Luhan told me. If it's true that Minyuk likes me, I don't know if I can still treat him as a normal friend.

I got up when I saw Luhan who just entered by the window. His hair is a little messy, his clothes were covered with dirt.

"What is that smell?"
I grimaced and pinched my nose. He moved one step away and smelled himself before frowning.

"Can I use your bathroom?"
He asked still uneasy with his state. I nodded and he quickly go inside.

Where did he go? Why is he a mess? I closed the window and noticed a small box beside my bed. I opened it and saw a sleeping puppy.

'I saved the owner of the petshop from getting hit so he gave me the puppy.'

Luhan's voice echoed on my mind. He's reading my mind again and I hate it. How can I have my own privacy? If I can only know how to block him from doing that.

"I'll go to work tomorrow."
I said as soon as he got out from the bathroom. He's wearing my bathrobe and I find it so amusing. He just nodded while drying his hair using my towel.

"You can use my . That's new so don't feel uncomfortable. You can also use my pjs."
I pointed the clothes that I prepared for him. Glad that I bought new so he can wear it and besides, I won't let him borrow the that I already wore.

"I really need to find a job so I can have my own clothes."
He's already wearing my clothes so I can't help but make fun of him.

He's too beautiful. Never thought that a man can be called beautiful.

Oh my, I should stop myself from thinking this way! He can read my mind!

"Hmm... I'll skip work tomorrow to help you look for a job."
I yawned and throw a pillow at him because he looked shocked. I also told him to use the pillow.

"You don't need to." He said.



I got to work early since I need to finish my work. Luhan is still sleeping so I left him with a note saying that we can look for his job after work.

"The Ju Hyun!" Jokwon's high pitched voice welcomed me. He's holding a rose as he approached me and put it on my ear. "I wish I can be as beautiful as you so boys will be crazy over me." He whispered before winking.

"That's from Manager Lee. He said that it's a congratulations gift since your article was being praised around the country." Krystal pointed at the bouquet and rolled her eyes. "He likes you, girl. That smug-looking man."

I can't help but laugh at her remark. Lee Donghae is the son of the owner of this company so when his father got sick, he immediately replaced him. He's kinda arrogant and bossy so all of us hate his guts.

"You can have this." I gave the bouquet to Jokwon.

"Give me that once we got out of here. He might see that on my table and he might think that I didn't give you that!"

Krystal made fun of him by saying that he has hidden desire for our manager and it made us all laugh.

"I don't think you all should be laughing right now."

We all got back to our own table when Manager Lee appeared. He is wearing a botton down shirt and his sleeves are rolled up. His gold watch can be seen. He looked at it and shake his head, looking disappointed.

"I need to remind you once again that this place is not a playground. Work, because this company is paying you for that." He said before looking at me. "Ms. Hyun, go to my office to get the write ups." He said before leaving.

"I thought he's gonna confess." Jokwon said before eyeing his computer.

"Who's gonna confess?" Minhyuk appeared out of nowhere carrying coffees and a box of donuts. "Breakfast is here." Everyone started gathering towards him.

"I'll just go get the write ups." I told them and went straight to the office of manager Lee.

I slowly opened the door and saw him reading a book. He put it down when he saw me and asked me to sit on the chair parallel to him.

"Bring two cups of coffee." He told someone on the phone.

I greeted him and apologized for what he saw this morning. I told him that talking is like our morning excersise.

"Let's wait for the coffee before I tell you a news." He didn't mind what I said. It's like I didn't say anything at all. He just handed me the papers.

Well, he's always been like this.

"You'll be attending a corporate meeting with me." Manager Lee's sentence made me get back to my senses. "Here." He then handed me an invitation card.

It's a masquerade ball and it will happen tonight!

"Uhm, but I don't have clothes for this event."

"You don't have to worry." He stood up and get something on a drawer and handed a box to me. "That's a long dress and a mask for this night's event."

I inwardly panicked! I've been attending formal parties since the Kim family adopted me but this one is different. I'll be going there by myself, without mom or dad and even Heechul-oppa.

I busied myself looking at the invittion card when the door opened.

"Sir, here's the coffee."

I set aside my thoughts when the coffee appeared and my eyes were about to pop out when I saw Luhan handing the coffee to Mr. Lee.

"Here's yours ma'am." He said and handed me my coffee.

I just stared at him in awe. I eyed him from head to toe. He's wearing the same uniform as the people assigned at the canteen.

'Yes, I'm working here.'

He answered my unsaid question using his mind.

"Thank you." Manager Lee said as soon as the cups of coffee were placed on his table.

"Do you need anything else?"

'Let's talk later.' He once again talked using his mind.

My eyes followed him as he got out the room.

I stood up. "Uhm, Mr. Lee I need to go and start finishing my article." I excused myself and followed Luhan.

"Guardian!" I called so he faced me. He's smiling again. Why is he always in a good mood?!

"How? I mean, even janitors here needed working experience before they get hired. But you? Did you use your powers?" I whispered the last word.

"The pet shop owner that I was telling you is the sister of the father of your current boss. She is Mr. Lee Donghae's aunt." He winked and smiled again.

I grimaced at him. "Can you stop smiling? You're freaking me out! Anyways, my other concern is that Minhyuk will eventually see you. How will you deal with him, huh?" I crossed my arms.

"I'll tell him that this is part of my job. To secure your safety by also following you here. And also, so the thing that you said to your Taeyeon-unnie will be true. Remember? You told her that I'm your co-worker? Now, it is legit." He smiled again.

"Aish! I told you not to smile!" I pinched his cheek when someone suddenly called.

"Hyun?!" It's Jokwon. His jaw automatically dropped when he saw Luhan. "Good heavens! He sent us an angel."

Yeah right! He's a real angel!

"Hello. I'm Luhan, I'm a new cook here." He bowed down.

"Hi Luhan, my name is Jokwon. You can call me Jo. So you can joah (like) me."

I rolled my eyes when I heard his wordplay. This silly gay!

"Nice meeting you, Luhan. We should go now because we need to finish bunch of papers." I dragged Jokwon with me and waved at Luhan.


It's lunch hour so we're all in the canteen since we need to go back to work as soon as we finished eating, no time to go to a restaurant.

Jokwon keeps on talking while Krystal and I are busy eating. "Krystal, you can have Minhyuk and you Seohyun, you can have Mr. Lee. I'm alright with that because I've already found my angel."

"He's my angel!" I suddenly shouted which made them both look at me.

"Who? Where is the angel?" Krystal asked in confusion.

"Nothing. I'm just kidding around with Jokwon." I drink my water straight and continue on eating.

"There's a new cook here! His name is Luhan and he has an angelic face!" Jokwon squealed so Krystal and I rolled our eyes.

"1-10?" Krystal asked.

"He's definitely a 10!" Jokwon squealed again.

I glanced at the serving station and I saw Luhan working hard but still smiling. I suddenly thought of something.

'Fighting! You're working too hard but let me remind you to never think of using your power once you're tired.'

Will it work? Maybe I'm too far that's why he can't read my mind.

I just continued on eating... then suddenly...

'Roger that, commander. I also want to remind you to eat vegetables.'

I stopped from removing the vegetables from my plate when he talked using his mind.

I glanced at him and he winled at me before continuing his work.

I suddenly smiled and bowed down my head.


Mr. Lee messaged me regarding the party tonight. I'm really nervous that I'm thinking of not coming but it's so unprofessional if I do that.

I put on the mask before going down. Mr. Lee is already outside so I just hurriedly did my make up.

Luhan is currently working at the pet shop tonight so he can't accompany me tonight.

"Don't be nervous. You are beautiful. You don't need to feel nervous."

I looked at Mr. Lee before he go down. He opened the door for me. We're already here! It's like a second. Maybe because we're not talking and my mind is just too full with different thoughts.

Everyone turned their attention to us when we walked our way inside.

A slender lady approached us.and bowed down to greet Mr. Lee. "Good evening Mr. Lee and you're...?"

"Seohyun..." I muttered nervously.

I bit my lip after I showed an awkward smile. I don't know if that's actually a smile though.

Mr. Lee guided me to sit on a round table and some men greeted him. They all eyed me and he willingly introduced me to them, saying that I was the author of the article that went viral all over the country. They praised me and I shyly expressed my gratitude.

This will be a long night.

______________________________

COMMENTS ARE LOVED ♥