Je T'aime

The Lost Ring

"What will I tell my brother about you?" I'm in the coffee shop with Luhan to discuss about everything before we go home. He's playing with his caramel macchiato while listening to me. "Minhyuk knew you as my bodyguard. Add the lie that we said Heechul oppa hired you." He nods and looks at me.

 

"Should we also tell him that that guy knew me?" He said before he sips his drink. We look at each other as if playing the scene in our heads.

 

"Seohyun?" Someone called me from the back. I directly looked at Luhan before he started talking to me using his mind.

 

'Don't panic Seohyun, it's just your brother's fiancé' He said and winked at me.

'What do you mean don't panic?! What will I tell her?' I asked as I stared at him with wide eyes. 'I'm waiting for your answer guardian!'

 

What? Why is he not talking to me? Damn! Why can't I read his mind like how he reads mine?

 

I decided to just face Taeyeon-unnie. She gave me a puzzled look while suspiciously eyeing Luhan. "Why are you here in Starbucks? Why are you with him? How did you met him? Is there anything you're not telling us?" She started as I scratch my head.

 

He is my bodyguard? I know she'll just ask me why do I need a bodyguard is my life at risk? Argh!

 

"Uhm.. We met at work! He's my new co-worker! Hehe!"

 

'Why do you always choose to lie?' Luhan said in my head. I just rolled my eyes secretly.

 

"Hello. I'm Luhan. Nice meeting you!" Luhan takes out his hand and shakes unnie's hand.

 

"Aigoo.. It's also nice meeting you!" She said and winked at me.

 

What? What's with her? Why did she wink? Argh!

 

'Because she thinks I'm a good catch' I rolled my eyes at him but he just smiles at Taeyeon-unnie.

 

"Anyway I'm going. I need to catch up with some things! See you later baby! And see you again next time Luhan." She said before kissing me goodbye. I watch her as she gets her drink and exits the café.

 

"Liar."

 

He said so I hissed at him and try to grab his ear but he caught my hand. He stopped laughing as we stare at each other.

 

Now I know why they say that heaven is the most beautiful place... It’s because it is composed of angels. Angels as perfect as the one I'm staring at right now. My phone suddenly rings which made both of us gain back our senses.

 

It's Minhyuk and he said that there will be a party tonight. I sat down properly and was about to type my reply when Luhan talked.

 

"I think it's not a good idea to go there."

 

He said while mixing his drink. I pout and looked at my phone, thinking of a reply. But I want to go!

 

"But I'm already 23. I can party anytime!"

 

He let out a manly chuckle as if I told a joke. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

"Stop laughing! I know what you're thinking. You're not allowing me to go."

 

I said before I send a 'yes' to Minhyuk.

 

I looked at Luhan and he just shrugged his shoulders, accepting his defeat.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"You should wear pants and a shirt. That shorts is too short. Also that dress!"


We are now inside my room choosing an outfit for the event later. Minhyuk said that the party will start at 8:30 pm.
Luhan kept on blabbering that I should look decent and discard all of these dresses and shorts that are on my bed. I rolled my eyes at him.


"It's a party not a corporate meeting!"


I said and grabbed the dress that will suit the theme of the party. The party will happen in Owl Lounge and Minhyuk said that the theme is bohemian.

 

After I got dressed, I immediately went out my bathroom and found Luhan lying on my bed.


"You're not coming?"


I asked and sit on the chair in front of the mirror, I'm planning to curl the ends of my hair.


I looked at his reflection on the mirror as he got up to sit. He looked at me and shook his head.


"I'm not invited."


He plainly said and got up and kneel beside me. I was distracted by his presence that's why I almost burn my hair. I put down the curler and looked at him quizzically.


"Yah! Can you sto-"


I was taken aback when he cupped my face and wiped my cheeks.


"Your cheeks are too red."


He said as he continued wiping the blush off my face. He is doing that while frowning and after that, he stood up and got back on my bed to sit.

 

My hand automatically land on my chest and I felt my throbbing heart. What was that? Maybe because it’s the first time that a guy did that to me and I swear it feels good and bad at the same time.

 

“I’ll fetch you at 9.”

 

I quickly faced him and stood up.

 

“One hour? What? It’s a freaking party Luhan! It’s not a meeting that happens in an hour!”

 

He also stood up and towered me. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

 

“You are a girl. You can’t drink alcohol and stay there to hang out with a guy who obviously likes you.”

 

I don’t know how he can keep his calmness while I’m like a volcano soon to erupt infront of him.

 

“I can handle drinking because I’m an adult already! And who likes me?”

 

I swear I sounded like a rebel kid trying to ask permission from her dad to go out for a trip. He sighed and shook his head again.

 

“Ok. Call if you need me.”

 

He sighed and slumped on my bed. I smiled to myself and grab my Chanel sling bag. I got out my room when I realized that I don’t have his number. I opened my room and saw him staring at the ceiling.

“Uhm… How will I call you? Do you have a phone or something?”

 

“We don’t need phones to communicate. Just say my name and in a snap, I’ll be there.”

 

He smiled so I gave him a smile too before going out.

 

--------------------------------------

 

“THE JU HYUN IS HERE!!”

 

I was welcomed by Krystal’s voice. I waved my hands when she approached me and pulled me away from the sea of people. She led me to a couch where all my officemates are.

 

Krystal is a feature writer in Seoul Today. She joined the company 2 years ago and she became my bestfriend since then. She’s a party goer, she likes going to clubs and to have fun because she said that it’s her stress reliever.

 

“Vodka for my love!”

 

She shouted and hand me a glass of vodka. I grimaced after I finished the glass in one shot. When I opened my eyes, I saw Krystal clapping her hands and yelling like she wants to compete with the loud music. I shook my head at her but she just continued singing the lyrics of the song while jumping. She’s indeed enjoying this.

 

“'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need!! Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why!!”

 

She shouted the lyrics of the song instead of actually singing it and slumped next to me on the couch.

 

“You always look like you are not enjoying. Come on love! Let’s dance!”

 

She said and dragged me on the dance floor. I can’t really dance because there are a lot of people and if I move I feel like I will bump into someone. I feel so uneasy while my bestfriend is dancing like no one’s watching in front of me. I can’t really dance freely because of the dress that I’m wearing. I suddenly remembered my guardian. He is right after all! I should’ve just worn pants.

 

What is he doing right now? Good thing that I locked my room so the maids won’t bother checking it. They might see him.

 

“Here! Drink!”

 

My thoughts were erased by Krystal that is currently handing me another glass of vodka. Seriously? This girl really wants me to get drunk. I finished it again in one shot. She winked at me and started dancing again. I laughed at her as I danced too.

 

While dancing, I felt something behind me. I turned and saw a guy grinding. I grimaced at him but he just smirked. He’s drunk and I know what he wants. I turn away to tell Krystal that we should just sit on the couch and talk with some of our officemates when I saw that there is a guy circling his arms around her waist.

 

I quickly pull her towards me and point my finger to the guy while eyeing him from head to toe.

 

“Stop taking advantage! You freakin’ erted idiot!”

 

I shouted but he just smiled and grabbed another girl and danced with her. I frown and sighed before looking at Krystal whose eyes are closed. I dragged her out of the dance floor to the couch.

 

“Hey! Didn’t know that you are already here.”

 

Minhyuk stood up after I put Krystal on the couch. I looked at him and saw that he is drinking something.

 

“What time did she come?”

 

I asked my Minhyuk but he shrugged his shoulders. I looked at our officemates.

 

“We arrived at the same time. 7 pm.”

 

One of them said and I just shook my head out of frustration. She’ll die because of too much alcohol intake.

 

“We need to get her home.”

 

I told Minhyuk and he nodded. He looks okay but he’s drinking a hard liquor earlier.

 

When we got into the parking lot, I asked Minhyuk for the keys. I don’t think if I can trust him to drive for us. He willingly lent me the key and I started the engine.

 

“I’ll drive! Besides you don’t even know her address!”

 

I said in irritation after Minhyuk said that he can drive and he is not yet drunk.I know better. It’s better to be sure than regret later.

 

“Krystal has been partying like a wild animal. She never really shared anything on us.”

 

Minhyuk broke the silence while we’re heading to Krystal’s house.

 

“She has problems but let’s just let her be. All we can do is be there for her.”

 

I said and focused myself on driving. Krystal shared her problems with me and I don’t want to tell it to Minhyuk. Everything is just between the two of us.

 

Krystal and her older sister, Jessica are not in good terms. Krystal wants to study abroad but her parents refused but let her sister go anyway. She said that her sister betrayed her. She was the one who kept on insisting her parents to let her study in New York but one day, she just found out that Jessica got there without buts. Her second problem is Minyuk. She likes him but she told me that she feels like he doesn’t feel the same.

 

“We’re here”

 

I said when I saw their house. Minhyuk helped me on carrying Krystal. Her mother thanked us and also apologized for causing us troubles. She invited us to eat but we refused since the party is not yet over.

 

Minhyuk insisted to drive but I didn’t let him. His eyes look sleepy.

 

“You know what? I like someone.”

 

Minhyuk blurted out all of a sudden. Maybe it’s Krystal since she is not here.

 

“Krystal?”

 

I asked but he shook his head. Oh no! She’s right! The feeling is not mutual!

 

“Then who?”

 

He looked at me and back at the road again while frowning. I don’t know why I’m nervous. Maybe because if he told me a name, I will really hate the girl because my bestfriend likes him. I will also find it hard to tell Krystal that he likes someone else because her state of mind is really shaky right now.

 

“You.”

 

I widened my eyes and was shocked when I realized that I stepped on the gas instead of the break.

 

“HYUN!”

 

“Luhan!”

 

Minhyuk and I shouted at the same time when we saw that we’ll bump into a truck which is ahead of us.