Te Amo

The Lost Ring

Three days had passed since my guardian came and inform me about my mission. Up until now I haven't received any I love yous yet and I also don't know how to handle my guardian. I know that I can't keep him hidden forever and I'm afraid that one of these days the people in our house will see him. And worst, inside my room.

I have work today since it's Monday. I'm working as a copywriter in Seoul Today, the biggest newspaper branch here in Korea. It's my break time and I've decided to walk around the park to freshen up. I sat at the nearby bench and observe the noisy park.

I then opened the soda drink that I received from my officemate. She gave us this drink because she's trying to open up a business.. it's for free anyway so why bother?

"Fall is coming.."
I sigh as I watched how the leaves fall from the trees.

"My least favorite season."
Someone said behind me. I looked up and saw my co-officemate Minhyuk.

We smiled at each other and he sat next to me. Minhyuk is my same age friend and we graduated from the same college. He is working as the photographer of Seoul Today.

"Why is it?"
I asked as soon as he sat next to me.

"Because it's the season where my father left us. Fall seems ... lonely."
I stare at him as I saw how his eyes reminisce on that sad moment. It really does feel sad if you're left behind.

"You know what? You should look at it the other way around. Fall means 'preparation for the coming winter' so just like fall you should let go of the things that you know won't help you."
I said and he sigh. I noticed that he is also drinking the soda that our officemate gave us. It made me smile.

"You're right. By the way this soda tastes so sweet."
He said and throw the empty can to the garbage bin somehow far from us. I'm really sure that I'll scold him if it didn't get in properly. I was surprised when it got in and my eyes landed at the guy standing beside the garbage bin. My guardian!

"I'm really good at shooting. I should play basketball often."
Minhyuk proudly said but instead of listening attentively to his story, I squinted my eyes at my guardian who's just smiling at me. I know that he used his power to control the can.

"Hey! Seohyun? You know that guy?"
I look back at Minhyuk and shake my head vigorously.

"But why is he smiling at you? Maybe he's from another company, I should talk to him."
Omo! He can't talk to him! I grab his arm to stop him but he is strong. My guardian straightened his posture when he saw that we're heading his way. I carefully shoo him not letting Minhyuk see but he just smiled at me. He should really stop smiling he may creep out the people around him.

"Hey sir or whatever your name is! I know that you're from another company and you're trying to get information from us. Stay away and it really lools like you're not from here. You should stop following us or I'll call my lawyer."
Minhyuk boastfully said as he eyed my guardian from toe to head.

"Hi! I'm Luhan. Hmm.. yes I'm not from here. I'm not following you. I'm following Seo Joo Hyun."
He said and looked at me. Omo! What should I do?

"What?! You mean you are her stalker?!"
Minhyuk surprisingly asked and put me behind him, guarding me from my guardian. Seems ironic huh?

"I'm not her stalker. I'm her guardian."
He coolly said and pulls me towards him, away from Minhyuk.

"And I can protect her more than you could."
He added and dragged me with him.

"Yah! I'll call the police! That's kidnapping!"
Minhyuk shouted and I started to panic.

"Omo! Wait! Guardian, please don't let him call the cops. Stop, let's talk to him properly."
He stopped and looked at me. I made a pleasing look as he scratch his head.

"Ok but I just don't like it when he's taking over on my job."
He said and started walking back at where Minhyuk is.

"Ha! It's nice to know that a criminal like you knows how to be afraid!"
Minhyuk shouted and tried to grab my hand but Luhan pushed his hand.

"Just to make this quick. I'm her bodyguard and I can show you my ID. If you still insist I'll be the one who will call the cops to get you."
Minhyuk seems tongue tied but he still managed to frown at Luhan before asking me.

"Seohyun-ah is he telling the truth?"
I looked at Minhyuk and nodded my head.

"Heechul-oppa hired him. But please don't mention this to Heechul-oppa because he wants me to keep this as a secret."
I'm really hoping that Minhyuk will buy this lie.

"Oh really? Ok. I won't insist. But we still need to work and you should not cross the line between your world and hers. You're just her bodyguard. Seohyun chingu I'll go back now."
He said before leaving me with my guardian.

"Aish! That was close! You should not come here especially when I'm with someone."
I scolded him but only to see that he's talking to a little boy.

"I saw you! Tell me the truth."
The cute little boy said and adorably pointed Luhan. He is like accusing Luhan about something.

"I saw how you let hyunie go down here. You used your eye power!"
The kid added and now I know what he is talking about.

"What's the name of your cat?"
Luhan asked not minding what the little boy has said.

"Hyunie!"
The boy shouted and I widen my eyes and also squat like Luhan to level with the kid's height. I saw the white little kitten on his arms

"Are you calling me?"
I playfully said and squeel as he gave me his cute smile.

"Sorry but I'm not calling you miss maybe you are mistaken."
He said and I pinch his cheek.

"I'm Seohyun. You can call me noona."
I said and he bowed to me.

"Hello noona. You know what, this guy has powers!"
He said and pointed at Luhan.

"I don't have powers but I also have a hyunie."
Luhan said and draped his arm on my shoulder.

"She is my hyunie."
He said that made the guy smiled widely while looking at us.

 

Oh my.. why am I feeling shy?

'Because the kid is looking at us?'

I quickly removed his arm on my shoulder and looked at him with horror. Did he just talked to me?

'Yes I am. I can read your mind. Isn't it a great thing? In this way, we can talk using our minds.'

You have got to be kidding me! No way! NO WAY!

He turns his head to give me a teasing smile.

 

________________

I promised to update when school ends :) But for now, here ya go! I'm quite busy right now that's why I haven't updated my storiessss. Thanks for understanding and waiting!! Spread the SeoHan LOVE