Te dua

The Lost Ring

 

"Seo Joo Hyun.."

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"You're the chosen one Seo Joo Hyun."

I run and run until I felt tired. I'm still in this white place that has no other colors. All white and it kills my eyes although I love the color but it's too light for my vision. Where is that voice coming from? How did he knew me?

"You are the chosen one to fulfill this mission." The voice spoke again that made me more scared. Then suddenly, a big ball of light was heading my way so I run and run not wanting to be eaten by that light. I tripped and fell down. I looked back and saw that the ball of light is near. I then closed my eyes and started shouting.

"Aah!!!" I woke up feeling the sweat all over my body. I sat up and pull my own hair out of desperation. I then turn on the lamp that's beside my bed as I felt something.. Someone looking at me. Slowly, I straighten my back and lean on the headboard still looking down. Is it just a feeling or there's really someone sitting infront of my cabinet mirror?

"Glad you're awake." I almost faint when I heard a guy. I carefully looked at the direction of where the voice came from and was shocked to see a fair-skinned guy wearing a white shirt and white pants.

"Don't come near me! Stay away!" I shouted as my heart pound so loud. I grab the lampshade and positioned my self to throw that to him if he step closer. My scared feeling got washed away by confusion when he giggled and clapped his hands. Really? What on earth is this kind of guy?

"I'm Luhan." He started after he finished laughing. "I'm the one who He sent to give you this." He then let out an envelop inside his pocket and gave it to me. As I touched the envelop, my eyes automatically popped as gold carvings appeared. Like a magic, it wrote my name. Am I still dreaming? "Open the letter Seo Joo Hyun." I gazed at him and did what he said. I opened the letter and saw the golden carvings again.

'Seo Joo Hyun, born on June 28, 1991, Friday morning.

From the day that you were born, you're already eyed by different gurdians. Your mission was already written on your palm since then. And now that you've grown up, it's time for you to fulfill it.

You can never escape the reality of being 'the chosen one'.

I scratched my head and stared at the letter, trying to digest the words that are written on it. I then remember that there is a guy infront of me so I look at him and asked. "What is this all about? How did I became the chosen one? What is my mission? How will I fulfill it?" He sat on the chair again and softly giggled.

"One question at a time Miss. But before that I think, you should've asked me who am I or what are you? Something like that." I put the excess hair behind my ears and nodded at him. "I'm Luhan, I'm the guardian that was sent here to guide you in your mission.." Before he could finished, I started to laugh.

"What? You? A gurdian? Hahahaha!! An angel sent from above." I stopped when I saw him frown at me. I quickly say sorry and asked him to continue.

"If you're not convince, I can show you the proofs." I made a peace sign and smiled at him. He coughed and continued. "I am one of the gurdians who's assigned to help humans. We are actually twelve and we are all connected with one another. Flight and flame, water and frost, earth and healing, light and lightning, telepathy and teleportation, wind and time control. We are made to make balance in the lives of humans."

I nodded and shot a question at him. "So, you're not human? What are you then?" I asked and looked at him attentively. So, everything should be balanced and we need them.

"I already told you. I'm a guardian Miss Seo Joo Hyun. And I'm here to help you with your mission." He got up and stared outside the window, I followed him to ask another question.

"Why you? Why can't it be one of the other 11 guys?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because I'm the only one who could help." I nodded even if I'm not satisfied with his answer. "Why am I chosen?"

"When your mother gave birth to you, an angel with a mission like yours failed. She lost her wings at the same time you came out of your mother's womb. Inorder to give back her wings, you have to restart the mission that she failed to accomplish. That was the first time an angel lost her wings and it's because of your mother." Our eyes met when he paused. His eyes are undeniably beautiful. I could bet anything just to have those pair of eyes. But the mention of my mother broke my thoughts. "When you came out, instead of smiling and telling I love you, your mother did the opposite. She pushed you away and told you that she hates you while you're crying, normal for a child who just stepped out from the dark." I quizically looked at him because he stopped talking. "Don't cry Miss. I'm just answering your question." He said apologetically and wiped my tears away using his soft and warm hands.

"Just continue, don't mind me.. I'm okay." I said still crying, well it always happens anyway. Crying became my hobby since childhood.

"Let's talk about your mission." I nodded telling him to continue. "You're assigned to collect ten rings. In order to have one, you should receive an 'I love you' from each person. The ring will automatically appear on your finger if the person really loves you, if he or she meant what he or she said."

"But what if.. it's not?" I asked.

"Then, no ring will be seen on your finger. You will receive 9 silver rings and the last ring or the 10nth is gold. Your mission will be considered successful if you received the golden ring." He faced me like asking me if everything's clear.

"Wait wait! What if I received 10 rings but they're all silver?" He gave me an amused smile, a sign of a good question.

"The thing is will you receive 10 I love you's in 1 year? Last year, did someone told you I love you to you directly?" He wiggled his eyebrows that made me pout my lips.

"You're right. I didn't received any I love you's back then. Now, I feel hopeless completing the mission." I slumped back on my bed while he sat down beside me.

"That's why I'm here to help." He gave me an assuring smile that made me smile too.

"Joo Hyun?" I widen my eyes as I heard a knock from my door.

"I guess I have to hide.." He said and went inside my closet. I fixed myself first before I opened the door.

"Good morning oppa!" He raised one of his brow and weirdly looked at me.

"What's good in the morning?" I laughed and pushed him out and cling to his arm. "Mom said that I should tell you that Aunt will celebrate their wedding anniversary tomorrow so prepare you piano." I nodded and went to the kitchen to greet the maids.

Somehow, I feel lucky. Not because the family who adopted me is rich but because the family who adopted me loves me like I'm really a Kim. I grew up in an orphanage and when I reached 13, the Kim family adopted me.

"You're off for the night?" I asked oppa as I thanked one of the maids who gave me a hot chocolate drink.

"Off to New York. Wanna come?" He then faced me after he finished putting the pins on his clothes. Heechul-oppa is a pilot, that's why he seldom go home. "Come on Hyun! You should go out and meet guys." I squinted my eyes at him and gave him a mehrong.

"Don't higlight the word guy pls." I said and rolled my eyes at him. Whenever he went here he always reminds me that I should find a guy and settle things because I'm already 23. He said that by 25 one should know who is the person for him or her. Just like him, he is engaged to Taeyeon unnie. Kinda funny because she already has the Kim on her name.

"Gotta go princess." He said and kissed my cheek. That's what I love about my brother, he never forget to tell me that I'm the family's princess.

"Take care!" I cheered before he went out.

 

While I'm enjoying the cookies oppa baked for me, I suddenly remembered the guardian in my room. I sneekily grab a plate full of cookies and made another cup of hot chocolate drink. When I opened my room, I saw him looking at my golden anklet with an angel wings at the side of it. I cleared my throat to get his attention and glad that it worked. "Hmm.. Do you need to eat? I mean are you allowed?" I put the tray above the cabinet.

"When we're on land, we became like humans. But of course there are always things that we can that you can't." He said and grab a cookie. I also grab one and sat beside him.

"What are those things?"

"Like our powers. We can use are powers on land." Feeling amazed I tapped his shoulder consecutive times.

"What's your power? Can you show it?" I widely smile as he pout.

"Telekinesis is the gift given to me. For me, the world is a big chess board and I'm the one who controls the pieces." I nodded and place my keroro stuff toy on the floor.

"Make it move." I challenged him. He nodded and raised his right hand. He focused on Keroro while his ring was glowing. And then wow! Keroro started heading my way. He put down his hand when I reached it. "Magic." I said that made him frown.

"It's not magic Miss. It is an ability. A gift given by Him. A blessing." He lectured before he grab another cookie to eat.

"Alright! Can I ask something?" He nodded in response since his mouth is full of cookies. "Do guardian angels exist?" He drink the hot choco before looking back at me.

"Yes, each person has one. And in your case, you have me." He smiled again and laid on my bed. "Guardian angels are not visible in human's eyes they only became visible if the human will be given the right to see us."

"You mean, I'm the only one who can see you?" I asked.

"No ... In order to help you, I should also be like you." He's right there, inorder to know how complicated my task is, he must also become human.

"Quit asking questions. For now, I'm gonna sleep. This is my first time to sleep. Oh my, I never thought humans can easily get tired." I chuckled at his remark. He closed his eyes. He looks so peaceful, so that's what guardians look like.

I let him sleep and turn on the aircon before I covered him with my comforter. I sat infront of the mirror and look at my own reflection. Never in my whole life I wished for this to happen. Since I was a kid, I became bitter and I refused to believe on wishes. I kept on telling myself that it will not cometrue. But now.. I looked at the guardian from the mirror and smiled.

I hope I can bring back the wings of the angel who lost it. I hope I will have the lost golden ring.

서주현

_______________________________

AN: The first chap.. actually I first thought of this plot after I heard Exo's Angel. Yeah.. last last year I guess? :) Specially the part: "When I rode the wind, I landed into your world.. You asked me where I came from I smiled and replied it's a secret.. As long as we keep walking together heaven is anywhere we'll be~~" But I'm no good at arranging my words and I have no self confidence but now tadah~! I just want to know all of your suggestions or reactions about my storyline. I'm open for your opinions so feel free to say it even if it's good or bad I won't mind. :)) I'll update more if I'll receive lots of support from you guys :)) Keep on loving Seohan.. I posted the update now since I just frustrate some Ace Babies (including myself) in my other story TGFS xD ♥♥♥