Soaking spring rain

A moment apart

“Hoseok, isn’t it your turn to go to the coffee shop?” one of his colleagues questioned him, but it wasn’t like he was demanding it, it was just the third week he’s been asking someone else to do it in his place because he had a lot of work to do, promising he would start again as of next Monday. Which was today.


“Huh? Ah yes, I’m going. Same as usual?” Hoseok asked absentmindedly, closing his laptop. His heart clenched.


“What’s with you Hobi, I’ve never seen you as oblivious to your surroundings as of recently. You okay?”


“‘Hobi’? How do you know about this name?” Hoseoks face went pale because his brain immediately showed him an image of someone else who he has been trying to avoid for awhile that always used this nickname.


“What are you talking about? We’ve always called you like this when you’re sulking or being upset just to get your spirit up. You get quite hyper when you are annoyed, you know, and calling you Hobi always makes you go back to your usual self we all need in this office.”

Ah, that’s right, it was like this wasn’t it. It hadn’t happened for quite some time and he almost forgot other people except him called him like this.  Hoseok smiled as much as he could at his colleague to reassure him he was okay. He didn’t want to make other worry about him because he of his childish behavior.


The bakery, the flower shop, the book store - he passed them as fast as he could. He went in the coffee shop ordering the coffees almost robotically, trying not to think about anything. He knew he should stop acting like this and go visit Misa and Taehyung, because honestly, he couldn’t think of a good enough reason to excuse his behavior. He sighed to himself almost starling the coffee shop worker, who thought he had done something wrong with the orders. He immediately apologized and he was starting to get really annoyed with himself for messing up so much. He had to change all this, so he made his mind to visit the bookstore after work.


As always 5pm came as quickly as new work piled up on his desk in the beginning of the new month. But he knew he needed to do it or else he would start hating himself, so he wasn’t as reluctant as the last time he visited. He felt like eternity has passed since then.


“There you are you brat! Where have you been? I thought you died somewhere without telling me.” Misa ruffled Hoseoks hair, trying to sound angry, but the look of concern mixed with relief that he was here again was fixed on her face strongly. “Don’t do this again, okay? You don't have to tell me whatever reasons you had, but you could’ve at least called here once.” she huffed, returning to her old self, but she was smiling at him.

Hoseok suddenly felt really glad to be here again, to see her and feel the familiar cozy atmosphere of the book store.


“I’m sorry Misa. I would’ve said work has been a pain in the recently, but all those would sound as excuses, which really can’t excuse why I didn’t call at least once. Sorry for making you worry-“she suddenly hugged Hoseok, patting his back in a gentle way, so he didn’t have to talk anymore.

She knew it was hard on him as well. She was a great friend and he really needed her at the moment, making him realize how much he missed her too. Hoseok’s heart felt a lot lighter after this.

He had bought some coffees beforehand and they spent the next hour and a half catching up on news and such. But Taehyung wasn’t here. He wanted to ask Misa the whole time and he was getting impatient but he couldn’t bring himself to ask.


“Taehyung, right? That kid changed his working schedule to Wednesday and Friday only because of the preparations for his exams. That weird brat, even though I told him he could just quit and comeback when he’s finished all of them, he just insisted he continued working no matter what. I just can’t figure out what that kid is thinking!”


“How did yo-“


“Oh come on! I’ve known you for long enough to know exactly what every expression of yours means. I could practically smell it that the main reason you came today was because of him.” Her tone wasn’t accusing or offended, actually there was a cheeky grin formed on her lips. “You should know that Taehyung kept asking about you almost every time he came, it was getting really annoying. Actually, he was here a little before you came but he asked me to leave early because he had some work to do or whatever. I hope he gets home fast because it’s really starting to rain a lot” What? Hoseok’s brain couldn’t process everything Misa had said just now. He got quite disheartened hearing that he missed him but just a little, yet hearing that he had actually asked about him made it hard for him to breathe properly.


“What are you talking about? It sunny outside.” Or so he thought. He fell into a state of shock for a second seeing the pouring rain outside. He never even noticed.


“What’s with you today? It’s has been raining for the last half an hour at least. And I think you should get going too if you don’t want to drown yourself in the middle of the street.”


“Thank you Misa. For today and for everything.” He didn’t wait for an answer but grabbed his coat and left the store. He knew he couldn’t make it to his apartment without having to be chained to his bed sick for at least a week so he called a taxi.


A little before reaching his place he saw a figure being completely soaked, sitting on a bench in the usual alley where he walked Jiu at night. A horrifyingly long second later he realized that was Taehyung. He practically jumped out of the taxi leaving the driver very confused, but with a big tip left in his hand, as he didn’t have to time to return the change.


“Taehyung! What are you doing here? You’re completely soaked, are you out of your mind?” Hoseok was scared because the look on Taehyung’s face was something he hadn’t seen before. He was sad?


“Are you okay, did you hurt yourself anywhere?” He bombarded Taehyung with similar questions while checking his body for any sources of pain that might’ve caused him to stay here like this. He didn’t even notice how much Taehyung’s face changed. He had that beaming smile on his face in a matter of seconds. Hoseok stopped doing whatever and asking questions. He looked directly into Taehyungs eyes, but he couldn’t hide his confusion. Why was he smiling in a situation like this, while Hoseok was losing his worrying? Was he okay? All those questions ran through his mind for a split of a second and he really didn’t know what to do, until he heard the voice he had been craving for for weeks, even though it was slightly groggy and quiet.


“You’re finally here Hobi. I missed you.” Those were the last words Taehyung said before collapsing on Hoseok’s shoulder, who by now was pretty sure this was all just a dream and none of this actually happened.
 

 


I swear those chapters feel longer when i type them out ;~; Sorry for the bigger than usual amount of grammar mistakes because I have this stupid headache that just won't leave >__>" -excuses-

And before i got i just have to leave this here as picture of the day ♥
Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to read ;u;