8:15pm

A moment apart

 

“Let’s take Jiu out for a walk again, what do you think? I’m sure he liked it the last time.” Taehyung questioned while sweeping the wooden floor. It was the usual routine again, Hoseok was there before work getting his usual dose of caffeine (and Taehyung) earlier, while Misa was reading some new magazines and writing down the instructions of how to properly take care of a cactus.


“Are you sure? Didn’t you stop working full-time because of your upcoming exams?” Hoseok had that big brother tone to his voice, making Taehyung cringe a little.


“You need to trust me more you know, I know how to take care of myself. Besides, it’s been so long since we last did it, it won’t hurt if we do it today.” Taehyung stepped a lot closer to Hoseok and almost whispered “also, I really need my evening dose of you too” he sneered for a little, backing off before Hoseok, who was now blushing like a teenage girl, pull his cheeks like usual. For the clingy brat he was, Taehyung sure knew how to tease a person however he wanted, Hoseok grunted to his mind but still agreed nevertheless. 

 

--


“Do this again.” Seokjin yelled at Hoseok obviously furious.

“We don’t have time for such mistakes, and this is the third time you’ve messed up this report. What is up with you lately? Please, I really don’t want to be in the position of the bad guy here, but I need you to focus and finish this properly, you can leave then.” he said this a lot nicer now, only keep the authority tone in his voice and left the office.

Hoseok ran his hands through his hair frustrated of himself. Really, what’s with him lately? He knew what was up, everything was connected to Taehyung in a way, but that is exactly why he is supposed to be doing even better at work, because he IS happy, and not disappoint his boss like this.

4:28pm. He was going to be really late so he decided it was best to call Taehyung and cancel their walk for another time. And it hit him. How could he not have Taehyungs phone number, this was just ridiculous, but it was true. He sighed for the nth time this afternoon, returning his attention to the computer screen again. Taehyung would get it and leave if Hoseok was too late, right? Or so he really hoped.

 

8:15pm. His eyes were bloody red but at least he was finished, completely drained out of his energy. All he wanted was to go home and collapse on his bed. And he still felt very bad for basically ditching Taehyung last minute, so he was thinking how he could make it up to him. Until he saw him.

There he was again, waiting for Hoseok. He was right in front of the company front entrance, jumping around to warm himself up. His back looked really lonely and even though he was facing the other way Hoseok recognized him immediately and ran up to him.


“Taehung? What are you doing here? I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise, but my boss was being a lil and.. wait no I mean, have you been waiting in the cold for so long? What if I had already went home, you should have too, long time ago..”


“But you’re here Hobi and I knew you had a reason. I believed in you.” The second he felt Hoseok near him again Taehyung broke the worried expression on his face and smiled brightly. Hoseok was speechless. Never once someone else had done such a thing for him, trusted him so much and risked so much just for him. He couldn’t believe Taehyung was always there, waiting for him and smiling for him without a second thought. He suddenly hugged the boy with all the power he had, whispering a “I’m sorry” countless times into his ear, especially after feeling how cold he actually was. But Taehyung giggled a bit before tightly wrapping himself around Hoseok too, although he pretended to fight it:


“Whoa there Hobi, what if someone sees us? Wouldn’t it be bad for you? Not that I really care but I don’t want to trouble you.” Trouble me? Hoseok couldn’t resist hearing this so he said with the firmest voice he had:


“You won’t ever trouble me. Never.” Taehyung only smiled and separated himself from him.


“You sound scary Hobi. Now what are you doing? I want to eat your homemade omelette again” he grinned while taking Hoseok’s hand,  leading him in the direction of his apartment.


“Wait, wait. It’s getting late. Let me walk you back to your dorm again and we can do this tomorrow, I don’t want you getting scolded for being out.” Taehyung frowned and stopped pulling his hand.


“After making me wait for almost 4 hours in the cold don’t you think I deserve on omelette?  Jeez, why do I even like such an old-fashioned stingy grandpa. Besides I already warned them I might not be coming back home, I told you that you can trust me more.”


“Hey, that’s not fair you know! How can I say no to you no-“ of course he was interrupted by a pair of soft lips on his, which of course pulled away a lot faster than he wanted.


“Let’s go then.”


"Are you staying over?"


"Do you want me to?"


"Don't answer my question with a question!"


"I take this as a yes."

 


A/N What motivated me today was this so it shall be picture of the day ;u;
One giant thank you to everyone who reads and comments, because i feel truly blessed.