The morning after

A moment apart

Warning: fluff


 

The kiss was sloppy in the beginning and mostly messy because of Hoseoks attempts to push Taehyung away or fight his own confusion. But Taehyung was stubborn. He pulled back just a little, rested his forehead on Hoseoks and whispered:

“Relax, just allow me to lead you.” breath tingingling his lips slightly. He was so gentle, as if Hoseok was a fragile flower that was going to break if it’s touched too hard. His lips found Hoseoks again, which were slightly apart, slowly moving against his. He sensed Hoseok relaxing more and more, his eyes still tightly shut. Taehyung his lips a little, feeling encouraged by the quiet, yet audible enough for his ears noise Hoseok made. But that didn’t last long and Taehyung felt two hands on his chest pushing him back.


“Stop, stop please.. Why are you doing this? It’s not funny Taehyung.” his voice was hoarse, a lot weaker than usual. He was panting, flushed and Taehyung felt that he was probably fighting back some tears too. But his words stung the latter and he felt blood rushing to his head, making him raise his voice again.


“Funny?! I think you know me well enough to know I was doing everything but trying to be funny.”  the hurt tone in his voice made Hoseok look at him.


“Then why..” Taehyung actually smiled. It was a bitter one, but still a smile.


“If not for the obvious reasons that I like you, Jung Hoseok, I did it because I like you. I always have, long before you can even imagine. For what other reason do you think I would stay for two hours under the rain waiting for you? I was scared, honestly, scared that I might’ve crossed the lines when I kissed you the other night and that you don’t want to have to do anything with me again. It really didn’t help me seeing you pass by the book store in the morning and not even looking once at our direction. I really couldn’t bear it anymore I wanted to see you again and hear your voice.” His voice cracked here, and his face was even redder than before, as his fever was still going up, but Hoseok didn’t need to hear anything else. 

His heart was beating really fast, he couldn’t hear any of his thoughts, but one thing was for sure – he felt happier than he could ever remember. He grabbed Taehyungs hands with his and slowly pinned him against the near wall for some extra balance. He used his other hand to tilt his head to side a bit, adjust their angle and capture the boy’s lips again and again. Taehyung moaned just a second later because he really was the one to follow someone else’s lead, and not unlike earlier when he was to one to lead Hoseok, which kinda tired him. Both felt bliss spread around their bodies, the same kind as if they finally got something they have craved for way too long. And it was true. Their feelings were pure and led by nothing but their young, yet convinced of their true desire hearts. That ended faster for their likings, but as much as he was happy, Hoseok didn’t forget his responsibilities as the older one. He knew Taehyung needed more rest to recover, especially after this tiring conversation which added more to his exhaustion. And it was all his fault his was in this situation, and the last thing he wanted to was to mess with his studies or even work.
He parted their lips slowly, but still held him in his embrace.


“Let’s sleep now, we have all the time in the world to talk tomorrow. But thank you. For listening to me, for trusting me with your feelings and making me happy.”

He felt Taehyung was about to whine so he pressed another gentle kiss and counterattacked him before he managed to let out a single word with a firm voice:

"You don’t want to get fully sick and worsen your condition, right?” without saying anything else he grabbed his arm and led him to his bedroom, saying that he could use it better than Hoseok for now, as he doesn’t mind sleeping on his couch. Of course, that didn’t last for more than two hours. Hoseok felt Taehyung slip next to him, wrapping all of his small limbs around him like the usual koala he was. Before he could protest for even a second, Taehyung was long fallen asleep on his chest. For the first time in months Hoseok fell asleep feeling fulfilled, happy and looking forward to tomorrow.


--


“Taehyung, wake up!” Hoseok was having fun actually, poking Taehyungs soft cheek while he was deeply asleep. Hoseok has been up and all dressed up for an hour now and he didn’t mind him oversleeping and even the sleep talking he did sometimes, but he was going to be late for work.

“Leave me alone, Hobi. You may be old and not need much sleep, but I’m still a growing beauty and I need my sleep.” Taehyung whine and covered his head with the nearest blanket.


“What did you say you brat?” a intended more painful pinch on the cheek ended up with Hoseok on top of Taehyung plus a mini wrestling match on that small couch. Ten minutes later both were fully awake, panting, with messed up clothes and hair, yet both grinning from ear to ear like the little kids they were. Taehyung suddenly reversed their positions and pinned Hoseok on his back. He smirked in his own way, muttering a “what are you gonna do now, old man”, kissing him almost immediately after. Hoseok didn’t protest or fight it, he didn’t fight to get his position back but rather let himself be kissed over and over again. He never thought this day would come and he preferred treasuring every moment of it while it lasted.
 


A/N Thank you for reading ♥