X.

Basketball (New Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st sem's already done and here's my promised update! ^^

P.S. sorry for the late update since I am sick for two weeks (yes I was sick for Christmas as well until now T-T) and I was unable to update after finishing my 1st semester. Mianhae T^T But I hope you readers enjoyed your Christmas break!! Happy holidays!!

---

HYUKJAE'S POV

It's nice to have neighbors you are good friends with. It turns out my father knows Donghae's father way back in their army days before my father decided to marry my mother. He stayed back in the U.S., managing his business company there and telling us he will visit often. While our mother and Hae's parents are talking on the other side of the table, Sora kept asking Hae about me, "you shut up Hyukjae and I'll be asking our beloved Hae here about you in school if you're acting like a jerk" I rolled my eyes at her. 

"Is this primate being good in class?" Sora asked and Donghae nodded as he chuckled. "Don't worry about him, Sora-ssi he's doing great as a student, teammate and roommate. "Sora-unnie would be fine, Hae-ah. Good to hear that this primate is treating you well." I facepalmed, knowing my sister is too fond of Donghae already in their first meeting. Dessert was brought out by Hae's mother and it was really delicious! "Hae-ah, do you know how to bake?" I asked as I enjoyed their dessert. "Slightly, Ryeowook and umma taught me how to but they were too afraid I might burn the kitchen." Sora and I laughed as we talked more about each other. 

Dinner was completely finished and it was time to go home. We thanked Donghae's family for the dinner and my mother told Donghae's mother that they should make dinners for each other more often. "Hyukjae, right?" I heard a deeper voice beside me and I saw Donghae's father and I nodded. "Don't push Donghae too much in basketball. As his faher, I'm still concerned about what happened to him before. If you still do not know about it, it's better if he's the one who will tell you. Basketball WAS his passion and it takes time to heal. You would not like it if I heard something unusual happened to my son that was caused by you." And he gave me a pat on the back. A lump formed in my throat but nodded nonetheless, curious and scared at the same time. He gave me a tight smile and went back to his wife. I saw Sora and Donghae still chatting happily and he looked at me with a smile. 

"What happened? You just look like you saw a ghost!" He chuckled and I just forced a reassuring smile. "It's nothing, I just feel cold." He looks like he doesn't believe me but nodded. "Thanks for the tune, Hyuk-ah." I gave him a thumbs-up and it was time to go home. I saw Hae's father eyed me and I just nodded at him politely. 

---

It was already midnight but it looks like I'm still bothered about what Hae's father told me. I have npticed this before when Hae was hesitant about playing basketball again, and so are his friends. It was like a forbidden play for him despite of his talents. Just what happened before? 

I decided to text Chanyeol about it. I wasn't expecting a reply that time but my phone vibrated.

From: Chanyeol 

You've heard about it? I wanted to tell you but it's not my place to tell you so, hyung. I don't know how much you know but all I could say is that it's horrible for Hae-hyung. Just wait for him to tell you all the details soon. But we're glad that you made him want to play basketball again. ^^ 

I thanked him and bid him goodnight. It is true curiosity kills the cat. I forced myself to forget about it and sleep the curiosity away. 

---

It was time to go back to school and it looks like I won't come back home for 2 weeks since umma will go back to U.S. for 2 weeks and Sora will be out of town this weekend with her boyfriend. Donghae and I were picked up by Ryeowook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter