V.

Basketball (New Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I do hope there are still readers who are still reading this despite of the slow progression of this story T-T I apologize and as always, I'll try to find time and motivation to continue this ^^

-
DONGHAE'S POV

It is our first night in the dorm and I couldn't get the comfortable position. I shifted from side to side and I decided to sit up. I could see Onew and Changmin are fast asleep already on their beds but when I looked at Hyuk's bed, he's not there. I stood up as I checked the bathroom but something caught my eye when I glanced at the balcony. I went straight there and I saw a sitting figure. "Hyuk?" I tried guessing and I saw the figure looked at me. "Oh, Hae. You're still up? Thought you're sleeping already." I heard him chuckle as he patted the space beside him. I sat beside him and we stared at the dark sky.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I stare at the stars. "Nothing, really. I just want some fresh air before I sleep." He said. "I could sense you're thinking too deep." I teased and giggled. He hummed in response as he heaved a sigh. "I guess I am. I'm just overthinking." He muttered. I looked at him and I could see the trouble-ness sketched on his face. "You mind sharing what's on your mind?" I tried asking. He shook his head. "I guess I miss America and I'm getting homesick." He muttered and I chuckled. "You'll get over with it soon. You can go back on vacation." I told him. "Guess I can. I just miss my old friends and teammates..." He muttered and I just kept silent.

I suddenly remembered my teammates back in middle school. Oh, how much I miss and despise them. I closed his eyes as a memory flashed right through my mind.

"And they win with the score of 121 - 21! Let us congratulate the team!" Cheers were heard but I became deaf all of a sudden. I stared at the scoreboard and felt empty and alone. I haven't stopped them....

"Hae?" I blinked several times and looked at Hyuk. "Yeah?" I asked with a small smiled on my face. "You just zoned out. I was calling you for many times yet you're staring at a space. You okay?" I nodded my head and apologized. "I'll be sleeping, Hyuk. You?" He shook his head and I just bid him goodnight. I went to my bed and tried sleeping and had a dreamless night.

Next day came and we were ambushed by my friends who are too excited. We went to our classroom and our homeroom teacher gave us our own schedule, indicating the time for our special subjects and trainings. I looked over Hyuk's and I widened my eyes. We almost have the same schedule and this made me happy, at least there's someone I can talk to in class.

"Hyuuuk. Look. Look. We almost have the same schedule." And we high-fived and laughed. "Best schedule that I got so far." I heard Hyuk murmured and I just grinned. Our friends compared their schedules from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter