VI.

Basketball (New Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I think I updated earlier than expected hehe. Comments and upvotes are highly appreciated! ^^

 

DONGHAE'S POV
 

After realizing it, my club permit was passed together with Hyuk's. And here I am, sitting at the bleachers while watching some members having their training while we were waiting for our try-outs game. 
 

No, I am not planning to be in this club. But thinking about it, there are no other suitable clubs for me since dancing, singing and even acting club are not considered as clubs in this school. I could have joined Wookie in the Culinary Club but baking is not really my interest. I could have join Sehun and Luhan in Soccer Club but I don't know how to play soccer. Or the Beautification Club like Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Or I could be in different clubs like maybe a Science Club or Math Club. And yet.... All I could do is sigh. 
It's just that, I wanted to quit basketball for real. But when Hyuk spoke to me earlier, I just felt this different aura. An aura that pushed me to agree with him. What if I met them on court again? What if they never changed at all? Despite of them having on different schools already, I just know they won't change easily. They were my friends, or so I thought. 

"Hey." I shuddered as I felt someone tapping me. Oh, it's just Hyukjae. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" I shook my head as I smiled at him. And once again, here am I again thinking what's with Hyukjae that made me agree earlier to join on Basketball club. Sigh. "I wanted to ask you something since we met Donghae..." He started and as I looked at him, he is already staring at me. "W-What's that?" I blame myself for stuttering. "Why do you have something against playing basketball?" I avoided his gaze after a few seconds. "I-- You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I don't mind." I bit my lip. I think he just have the right to know if I will be playing with him soon enough if we were able to be in the team. 

"I was playing basketball before, you know..." I started. "And maybe you already heard the Saphir Bleu, am I right?" I asked. "What's with the team? I heard it from my cousin before." He said. "I was one of them." I saw him widened his eyes a little bit but he just nodded, giving me a sign to continue. "But we were never unified..." I sighed at the memory. 

"Wait, but how come I didn't heard of you being in the team? Were you a starter? Or I just got confused?" I saw him frowning, maybe he's trying to remember. "I am and I am not." He frowned deeper. "I was the back-up. I was the other guard, the other forward, the all-around player. I was known for being the 6th player." I muttered. "But, memories were not so fond. I..... despise them.... For playing so cruel, Hyuk-ah. It seems like it isn't basketball more anymore. The fulfilling feeling in playing basketball.... gone. Not only I lose my so-called friends but my passion in playing as well." We were silent. I can still feel he's staring at me. And before I could say anything, he ruffled my hair. 

"Now I understand." I widened my eyes when he smiled. "Don't worry, I'll show you how fun it is once we are accepted in the team. You'll be my partner. I'll make you remember the true essence of bask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter