Nine -_-

"Straight" To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Whew, it's been half a year since my last update. Sorry 'bout that. But I wanna thank you all who waited for this... especially those who have left me comments and private messages, you know who you are. Thanks a bunch, it meant a lot. 509 subscribers, wow. I would've never thought this crazy story of mine would get this far. Anyway....before I rant on again, on to the chapter. This is basically just a filler chap of sorts..not much here, but I promise a better chap next time around.

 

Read on, then.. enjoy..

 

 

~+~

 

“The whole student body at LSM knows that Jesse is gay, but he’s really not… at least, not anymore,” Mr. Jung told the young publicist, who had just watched a clip of the news and was now looking through the newspaper articles. “Tomorrow, class resumes. I reckon more media would be hounding around the school campus to get juicier scoop from the students. How are we going to remedy that, Heechul-ssi?”

The eccentric man in pink long sleeves set down the newspaper and looked up, placing his intertwined hands on top of the table.

The others looked on in silence, anticipating what Kim Heechul would say. He was an expert in the field, and they were curious how he would be able to find a loophole in this.

“This picture here,” Heechul pointed at the paparazzo shot of Siwon and Jesse. “When was this, Jesse-ssi?”

Jesse took one look at the picture and answered, “The other day… when Siwon-ssi asked to talk to me alone…”

“And Mrs. Jung, you say that the press didn’t know this place?”

The elder woman nodded slowly. “Yes… I think so, or they would be barging on our gates now.”

The reporter sat straighter on her seat, immediately following Heechul’s thought.

“If they don’t know this place, then how come this picture even existed?” Kwon Boa mused.

Heechul grinned, nodding. “That is the question.”

“And how come this paparazzo didn’t come back here after the news got out?” Krys spoke up, putting his two cents in. “He knows that we’re all here and he could get paid more for being the first to submit something… Or he could tell the others for a price… but he didn’t. Why is that?”

Everyone else nodded at that.

Before anyone could say any more, Jesse felt his phone vibrate. He fished out his phone from his pocket and opened up the message.

 

 

From: Choi Siwon

My people found the sneaky little bug who took our picture the other day. After some threatening, he tattled and mentioned two names. Ok Taecyeon and Nickhun Horvejkul. I’m advising my abeoji to break all ties with both their family’s company. Traitors are bad for business.

Anyway, I hope this little information helps. Ring me up, if you need anything. Till our next meeting, Jesse.

 

 

Jesse felt his blood boil at seeing the two names. Of course, it would be them behind all this. There could be no other. He let out a frustrated breath and gratefully replied to Siwon.

 

 

To: Choi Siwon

This helps a lot. I think I’ll be advising my Dad the same. Thank you… hyung.

 

 

“Dad,” Jesse began, trying to keep his anger in. “Cut all transactions and partnership with Ok Industries and Horvejkul Group.”

Mr. Jung’s eyebrows rose in question. “Why?”

“Because their sons are the ones who caused us all this,” the blond boy clenched his fists in silent rage—Tiffany just held his hand to calm him down a bit.

“What?? How did you know?”

“Sulli’s brother just texted me.”

Sulli’s ears perked. “Siwon oppa?”

Jesse nodded. “I guess your brother isn’t so bad, after all.”

The young girl smiled at that, making a mental note to thank his brother later.

“I’ll be making a call to our lawyers, then,” Mr. Jung stated. “But that can wait awhile. What do we do now?”

Heechul smirked. “Simple. Jesse, LSM High believed you when you said you were gay. Now, you just have to tell them the truth about you and Tiffany.”

“That, and a little white lie that they’ll be able to believe,” Boa continued.

“Exactly,” the publicist nodded to his partner. “And since the press will be having a field day tomorrow, let’s give them just that. Let’s send out word. Schedule a press conference tomorrow, at LSM High.”

“That could work,” Krys said with an approving grin. “Hitting all birds with one stone, right? It’s a good idea—no, it’s brilliant, actually!”

The smirk on Heechul’s face grew smugger by the second. “Of course. Expect no less from Kim Heechul.”

Boa just rolled her eyes.

“Flawless plan, Heechul-ssi,” Mr. Jung said. “We’ll do just that. Any more details?”

 

~+~

 

The next morning…

 

 

“I’m nervous.”

Tiffany muttered as Jesse finished loading their bags into the car.

The older boy just smiled reassuringly and pulled the girl to his embrace.

And just like that, it seemed like Tiffany's worries faded into the abyss. She always did feel safe in Jesse's arms, boyfriend or not. It was an effect Jesse had on her.

“I'm nervous, too, baby,” he said. “But I'm more excited of the fact that I get to shout out to everyone else that you're mine.”

A smile crept on Tiffany's lips. “You really are a sweet talker, aren't you?”

Jesse put on a smug smile and opened the car door for the girl, shrugging nonchalantly. “Not really. It's just that I recently discovered that I could be really selfish when it comes to things that belong to me... especially my heart. You just happen to be holding it, babe.”

With those words, the blond smirked once more and proceeded to the driver seat, leaving Tiffany standing there with a reddened face.

 

~+~

 

Meanwhile... Back at LSM High...

 

 

To say that everything was chaotic, it was an understatement.

Everyone was going ballistic.

Reporters, photographers, and writers from different and varying media were outside the gates of the institution, waiting for their much-awaited article of the year.

They were instructed to wait outside until the start of the press conference, and they weren't allowed to interview any of the students or staff. They complied, but it was still as crazy as ever, nonetheless.

The students, furthermore, weren't any better. There were series of questions running through their heads. Classes were unofficially on halt, because most were stubbornly refusing to attend, wanting to witness the conference themselves.

Kim Taeng, one of JeTi's closest friends and the president of the Student Council, was trying his hardest to get the students back into their rooms, but the attempt was futile even with the help of the council and their other friends.

Taeng huffed loudly. “I'm not getting paid for this. Jesse owes me... BIG TIME!”

Sunny patted her boyfriend's cheek, calming him down. “It's alright, Taengoo-yah. We knew this was gonna happen eventually.”

The president just sighed and nodded. “Yeah. I just wished Jesse would've given me some sort of warning. I'm his best pal, for crying out loud, Yul and me. He never even sent a message when the news broke out. Where is he, anyway? And—”

A loud uproar cut him in midsentence, with everyone shouting or murmuring as a signature black car drove past the hordes of media men and into the gates of the institution—a Jung car, with a small banner on the front, bearing the famous Jung crest.

“Well, there he is,” Sunny said.

“Oh, it's not him. Trust me,” Kwon Yuri piped in, as he and the rest of the gang walked closer.

“Eh?”

“Yuri's right,” Taeng nodded. “I've known the Jungs since I was a little boy, and one thing I’ve observed is that they have a knack for making grand entrances, without meaning to. Krys Jung is no different. C’mon. Let's go see what the Little Jung has to say.”

And so, the group made their way towards the car, and sure enough, out stepped Krys Jung with a shy Sulli behind him.

 

“Krys! Sulli!”

 

The young couple returned their greeting with big smiles—a gesture that had everyone else questioning. After all, why would Krys be happy about his brother’s coming out? It was a big blow to the Jung Family name. That surely was no reason to be smiling.

“Why the heck are you both smiling? That’s NOT an image you would want to project to the media, Soojung,” Taeng scolded the young Jung.

Krys laughed all-knowingly. “Nonsense, hyung,” he answered. “I’m smiling because I’m happy. We should all be happy! Right, Ssul?”

Sulli only giggled, making everyone even more confused.

“Enough of this, Soojung,” Sunny spoke up. “Seriously. Tell us what’s really going on.”

Seeing Sunny’s serious demeanor, along with the others looking so worried, Krys finally relented. “Okay, okay. But seriously, noona… no worries.”

With a small smirk, Krys confidently jogged towards the plaza, located in front of the main school building.

“Yah! Where are you going??!” Taeng yelled after him.

“I have an announcement to make!!” the young Jung replied, giving him a thumbs up.

At hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter