Seven

"Straight" To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, guys. So I'm back... for now, that is. Got a lot of things going on in the past months. I actually finished this more than a week ago..I just literally couldn't find time to post it. Plus, too much drama in the kpop world. Tsk. I don't want to add to that..so.. good news is, this is not an angsty chap. All fluff and cringe-worthy cheese (I think). I'm a bit hesitant to post this, really. Lol. Don't throw tomatoes at me. I'm a bit rusty in this kind of stuff. I just wing it, most of the time.

Oh, and thanks for all the comments in the last chap. I appreciate every single one. <3 No replies today, though. Sorry. Btw... Welcome to the crazy train, my new readers. Hope you enjoy the ride. :) Anyway, enough ranting. On to the chap.

 

 

~+~

 

Time stood still.

 

 

 

At least, that’s what it felt like as the words hung in the air. The whole aura felt thick.

Jesse watched as tears flowed down Tiffany’s cheeks—the salty streaks glimmering yellow-orange under the final rays of the setting sun.

It was a love confession, wasn’t it? Tiffany wouldn’t be crying if it wasn’t, right?

With all these thoughts in mind, Jesse didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know what to do. He was dumbfounded. He was clueless. All he was sure of is the feeling of his heart hammering inside his chest. Thump, thump, it went, beating hard against his ribcage.

And as he continued to stare at his best friend, it only pounded harder and faster—he was bursting at the seams, but still, he was petrified, as if waiting for a cue.

Tiffany stared back at him, her fears growing by the second. She was wearing her heart on her sleeve, bare and out in the open.

It was now or never.

“I-I’m in love with you,” she restated. “I think I’ve loved you even before I realized I truly did. I—”

 

That was the cue.

 

And so, Jesse went for it.

“—understand if y—mm,” Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat as she felt his soft lips upon hers. Her eyes widened in surprise, her heart jolting with all the overwhelming mixed emotions.

It was really happening! Jesse! Jesse was kissing her!

For a second, she felt like she forgot how to breathe.

But then, she felt his hand gently cupping her cheek and his other hand guiding hers around his neck. It was a reassuring gesture, and her eyes slowly close, her lips instinctively moved in sync with his. She gripped the back of his neck, pulling him closer, giving in at the moment, reveling in the feeling of intoxication caused by Jesse’s lips.

A few more seconds passed and their lips reluctantly separate, in need of air.

“Gosh,” Jesse gasped, his forehead pressed to Tiffany’s. “Your lips tasted better than I imagined.”

Tiffany looked down and avoided his eyes, her face flushing red at the comment. It really did happen. It was no dream. There was no mistaking it… but what did it mean?

Did he like her, too? But then, was he still gay or what? Or maybe it was a pity kiss, so she wouldn’t feel so bad. A kiss of rejection—

 

“Hey,” Jesse cut off her thoughts, knowing fully well what path her mind was heading off to. He gently slid his hand from her cheek down to her chin, tilting her head up till their eyes met. “I know what you’re thinking. No. No, it’s not, okay?”

“How did you—”

Jesse smirked. “I just know. I’m just that great.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, pinching his nose like she usually does. “Don’t be so smug,” she said, feeling so much lighter. She felt a flicker of hope inside her. Maybe there was a chance. Just maybe. She’ll take it.

The blond boy just smiled, glad to be able to lift the awkwardness before it even settled.

He wiped the remnant tears on her cheeks with the pad of his thumb.

“Look,” he began, his voice taking on a more serious tone. “I… I don’t know how it happened or how it all started… and I’m not even sure what this is… but all I know is that I’ve been having these thoughts of you.”

Tiffany stayed silent, just hanging on to every word he says.

“I’ve been trying to tell myself that maybe it’s just the hormones or the physical attraction…” Jesse took her hands in his, squeezing tight as if she’d disappear if he let go.

“…but honestly, the more I try to deny everything, the more I start seeing you in a different light. Yesterday, I realized that I simply can’t live without you. And today with Siwon, you were right—I was jealous. I felt threatened that he would take you away from me.”

The redhead opened to reply, but Jesse silenced her with a finger over lips—he had one more thing to confess.

 

“T-Tiff…

 

…I-I think I’m in love with you, too.”

 

 

Finally.

 

Tears gathered in Tiffany’s eyes and she bit her lips to stop the quivering. Her vision slowly blurred, but the moment couldn’t have been clearer, and frankly, it didn’t matter as Jesse pulled her into his embrace.

It wasn’t exactly as she envisioned it, but it was a start—Rome wasn’t built in a day, so they say—and so, she’d take it, gladly and with open arms.

“You don’t know how happy I am right now,” she murmured against his shoulder.

“I think I do, because I’m happy, too,” Jesse pecked the side of her head. “…but I’ll be honest. These feelings… it’s the first for me, and it scares me because I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Oh, Jess,” Tiffany buried her fingers in his hair. “I know you won’t.”

Jesse pulled back a little to look into her eyes, doubt evident in his hazel orbs.

“But I might.”

Tiffany wasn’t fazed. She looked back at him, her eyes conveying honesty, “Then I would take the pain… if that means having had the chance of feeling what it’s like to be loved by you. Whatever happens, I’ll be here… always.”

Their hearts both raced at those words, realizing the weight of it all. This was the start of something. They crossed the boundaries—the invisible line that they’ve been dancing around for a long time now. They dove right into this, and they were delving deeper with each second that passes and every word spoken.

 

 

“Stop it,” Jesse whispered, his forehead once again taking its place against hers.

“Stop what?”

“Making me fall deeper.”

“Well, that’s my goal now, isn’t it?”

“Gosh, I feel like such a girl now.”

Tiffany giggled. “Then step up to the plate, man!—”

Before she could say any more, Jesse spontaneously pulled her head closer, instantaneously closing the centimeter-gap between their lips. And it was just like their first kiss a few minutes ago—short, but lingering and very intoxicating.

When Jesse pulled back and saw Tiffany with her eyes still closed and lips still puckered, he leaned closer again and whispered in her ear, “How’s that for stepping up?”

Tiffany snapped back from her temporary heaven the moment she felt his breath against the shell of her ear. She blushed beet-red at seeing that gorgeous smirk on his lips.

She was speechless, to say the least, pleased, and a bit disappointed that it ended almost as soon as it started. “I-It’s a start,” she managed to say despite her overwrought state.

Jesse couldn't help grinning at the cuteness of Tiffany's coy awkwardness. He could tell she was trying to not feel so embarrassed. Luckily, he had just the idea to remedy that.

“Well, we better go ba—”

“How about step 2, Tiff?”

“Wha—AAAHHHH! Jess, put me down!!!”

Tiffany squealed like it was the end of the world as Jesse picked her up bridal style and ran towards the waters.

“Oh no no no!” she gripped onto his shirt, realizing what he was up to. “Jesse, no!! It's cold!!”

Jesse was laughing all the while as he ran, taking off his slippers and shrugging off Tiffany's on the way.

“JUNG SOOYEON, PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!!”

“Really now?” Jesse asked with a mischievous smile.

They had reached the shores, the waters reaching up to his waist and grazing the soles of her feet.

Tiffany's eyes widened. “Don't you dare!!” She tightened her arms around his neck. “I swear to God if you drop m—”

For the nth time that day, Jesse didn't let her finish. He let the both of them fall into the cold waters.

“OMG!! So cooold!!” Tiffany squ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter