Eight

"Straight" To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Ah, so tired... but I wanted to post this before going on hibernation, lol... So here's the next chap (more cheese! I couldn't resist making people cringe, haha). We're almost at the end of the line. I don't think I've mentioned this group of people, my upvoters... THANK YOU FOR 66 UPVOTES! And 421 subs!! Wow, seriously. Thanks to my new subscribers! I hope you all enjoy reading, and don't forget to leave me some of your insights. Comments motivate me to write more and update quickly.^^

And speaking of motivation, this is for you, my introvert buddy, araria! Keep your head up, friend. I hope this makes you smile, at the very least. Doctor's always in, if you wanna talk.kekeke...;p

On to the chapter then...

 

~+~

 

The weekend getaway flew by like a breeze. Jesse and Tiffany made the most of their first two days as a real couple.

They went hiking with the family, went swimming and motor-boating, built sand castles (which basically looked like a lump of wet sand piled high), walked along the shores (and flirted), swam some more (with casual skinships here and there), took a bunch of photos, and talked about anything under the sun (and moon)—basically, just spending sweet moments with each other.

Every moment was worth it, and it all just felt really good. It was invigorating, not having to pretend anymore and being able to openly express their honest thoughts and feelings to each other.

And now, as their last day at the resort comes to a close, the two opted to just spend a quiet afternoon at their shared room. They closely cuddled under the covers of Jesse’s comfy bed, bodies seemingly as one heap on the soft mattress and limbs tangled on each other.

Comfortable silence filled the room, and both Jesse and Tiffany could only wish that the day would never end. They wished they could stay longer like this, but of course, everything has an end.

In a few more hours, reality would barge in on their fairytale world, their alone time. In just a few more hours, they would have to face everyone in school – their friends, the whole student body, and their ever-growing fan clubs.

Oh, what a shocker it will be, for sure.

 

 

“Jess…?”

 

The boy let out a small whimper as Tiffany’s breath immediately roused him from his sleepy state. It unintentionally elicited goose bumps on his skin just above his collarbone. It was like an electric current sending a powerful jolt throughout his body.

But of course, Tiffany didn’t know that.

“Jesse…” she called again.

“Mmm,” he mumbled, trying his hardest to ignore that tickling puff of breath.

“Yah, are you still awake?”

Jesse snorted, not even bothering to open his eyes. “No. You just happened to ask with your loud voice, and by chance, I began sleep-talking,” he replied, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

Tiffany’s eyes narrowed at that. “Is that how you should talk to your girlfriend, Jung?” she reprimanded him and even pinched his side, just enough to relay her displeasure.

“Ow!” Jesse flinched away in response, eyes instantly finding Tiffany’s. “YAH!”

Tiffany frowned even more.

Seeing that, Jesse’s expression softened in a heartbeat. He sighed inwardly. “Geez. I’m sorry, okay?”

“Hmph,” Tiffany glared at him shortly before unlatching her limbs from him and turning her body to other side, her back facing him.

She genuinely felt a bit upset at his behavior. Of course, she knew how cold and y Jesse can be. Sarcasm was his second nature, and people knew that. But she wanted to be different from everyone. As the cheesy ballad song goes, she wanted to be the only exception to him. Call her fastidious and demanding, so be it… but that’s what she wanted.

The blond boy gaped at the sight of Tiffany’s back, a clear display of how upset she was.

Sigh. So this is what he signed for when he asked her to be his girlfriend, eh.

Jesse realized now just how clingy and demanding Tiffany could be—to the point of being a tad childish, actually. But he sees her no less than how he did when he confessed his attraction for her. If anything, this discovery only made his heart swell up… because it only goes to show how enamored Tiffany is with him. And what’s more, this emphasized the need for him to really step up to the plate and to be the man in the relationship.

Being the man entails being the one to initiate most of everything.

Jesse let out another breath and slowly slid close to her, taking her by surprise as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

“I’m sorry,” he crooned, his breath tickling the shell of her ear—a gesture that’s becoming a bit more familiar now. “It was the sleepy me that’s being stupid and sarcastic. I didn’t mean to talk like that. I never would… not with you, at least.”

“Really…?”

Jesse kissed the crook between her shoulder and neck as he wrapped his arms tighter around her. “Of course…”

“You’re just saying that, you sweet talker,” the redhead reached out over her shoulder and pinched his nose. She was pouting, but in actuality, her heart was aflutter; the butterflies in her stomach couldn’t stay still.

“I’m a sweet talker, but I speak the truth. I still don’t know to what extent my feelings are for you… but believe one thing. You’re most special to me, Miyoung-ah,” Jesse whispered those words with so much sincerity that he even felt the weight of it.

Tiffany stayed silent. At that moment, the fluttering butterflies in her stomach were in chaos, doing flips and thrashing about.

“But don’t tell Soojung that, haha,” Jesse added when he noticed her unresponsiveness, letting out a small, subtle chuckle to ease the circumstance. “Heol... Why do I seem to always make things awkward? I—”

Just as he was about to pull back his arms, Tiffany held on and kept them in place.

“You’re not,” she finally responded, and as if to prove her statement, she turned around to face him—their eyes instantly meeting in a heartbeat. She let her hand trail over to his face, cupping his cheek in her palm. “I’m glad that you’re being really honest with me… with your feelings…”

Proving her point further, Tiffany boldly initiated a kiss, closing the gap between them and locking her arms around his neck. And when she pulled away, she had the brightest smile that Jesse had ever seen on her.

He smiled as he reveled in the moment.

And as he gazed into the girl’s eyes, a part of him stirred.

He was very much aware of how intimate they were, their bodies pressed against the other and their faces mere centimeters away. He could feel her breathing on his lips, the sweet and heady scent that’s distinctly hers rousing his senses.

He felt it, and it was like a devil’s advocate, tempting him to go for it.

 

 

Oh gods… there’s no way she’s not feeling this. Ohmygod.

 

 

If the redhead noticed, she made no move to acknowledge.

But Jesse couldn’t ignore it anymore. He gulped visibly, doing so as if it would make him swallow down his hormones along.

“Tiff,” he called out as he gripped her shirt in attempt to regain control, to keep his hands from wandering where it shouldn’t. “I want to be as honest as possible to you…”

“Yes?” Tiffany’s voice was low and huskier, and it sounded clearly in Jesse’s ears even as she whispered her measly response.

Jesse’s grip on the clothing beneath his fingers got tighter; so much that it’s almost ready to rip. “T-Tiff…” he repeated.

The said girl just stared back at him, urging him to continue. She had an idea of what he wanted to say—a big hint wasn’t hard to miss, really—but she couldn’t bring herself to say it first.

“R-Remember our first night here?” Jesse breathed out.

Wait, that didn’t sound right! Oops, too late.

“That time when you thought I was avoiding you,” he quickly added. “And that morning after… do you remember?”

Tiffany’s face flushed at the question. Oh yes, she remembered clearly. “Y-Yes…”

Jesse bit his lip once before continuing, “The truth is…

…I’ve been having these thoughts… about you,” he promptly averted his eyes as he confessed, his face turning red almost as fast as his heartbeat. “I-I think I even dreamt about you… until Krys went and woke me up.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened. So the wet dream… his morning w—oh gosh, he was dreaming about me!

She blushed even more at that realization; she could feel heat from her face and spreading throughout her being.

“Are you mad at me?” Jesse spoke softly, even daring to look back at Tiffany—which was a bad idea as he found himself locking stares with the girl. He was transfixed as he watched her shake her head, and when she bit her lip… Oh damn. It was really getting hard to control his hormonal self.

 

“J-Jesse…”

 

“What?”

 

Might as well be honest, too…

 

“I k-knew about that morning,” Tiffany admitted, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter