Six

"Straight" To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, people. Been so long, eh? Sorry. With all the recent events (you know what I'm talking about) and me being busy, I just didn't have the energy to write. It's been hard. But I'm here now. I'm not gonna rant about you-know-what. All I can say is that... I will forever be in this ship, forever surfing the waves. And to anyone who give a crap whether I will stop writing, don't worry. As long as I have the drive and the flowing ideas, I will continue to write (even if it ). Enough crap. On to the story... (sorry if it's crappy, also the lack of a better title.. and again, no proofread)

 

~+~

 

It was ridiculous.

 

Tiffany felt stupid for thinking it, but she did. She was jealous… of Siwon. What the hell, right?

It was irrational, she knows it… but seeing Jesse giving all his attention on that Choi—even if it was hateful glares or icy responses—she couldn’t help feeling so damn jealous. Her blood boiled at every smidgen of attention Jesse gives to that guy.

He’s supposed to pay attention to me!! Her mind screamed.

From the moment she and Jesse step foot at that resort, Jesse’s whole attention had been no one’s but hers alone—as it should be, because she was his ‘girlfriend’. Heck, she’s his honest-to-God BFF! She deserves every bit of it. But then, this guy shows up and Jesse barely glances at her. He was always on the look-out for an opportunity to shrink Siwon’s big head, or so he says.

Now, she really wished that this mini island cruise finishes soon, so he could leave. Why did the Jungs have to be so polite and even invited him aboard the family yacht?

Aish.

 

 

“So, Tiffany-ssi,”

Tiffany turned to look at her potential rival. If he was gonna be the apple of Jesse’s eye for that day, then he really was her rival, the antagonist in her thoughts.

“Yes?” she answered, keeping her tone formal and uninterested.

Siwon, another oblivious boy, grinned and tried (for the nth time) to make small talk. “I was just thinking… when the time comes, you'll be my sister-in-law.”

Tiffany opened to reply—but yet again, Jesse beat her to it. If jealousy could be as visible as blushes do, her face would’ve been so green right then.

"Technically, Choi...” Jesse started to say, his voice possessive. “If that time comes and my brother marries your sister, it would be Krys who is your brother-in-law. It's a little far-off in the family tree, but it would still make me your second brother-in-law... And that makes Tiffany your second brother-in-law's wife—my wife—nothing more, nothing less."

Siwon was wordless after that. Even Krys and Sulli, who were both with them, had nothing to say.

Jesse smirked and dragged Tiffany to the other side of the yacht, an action most favorable to Tiffany.

 

~+~

 

“Wow, you’re good, Siwon hyung!”

 

Jesse snorted as his family cheered on Siwon, who just reeled in a big fish. Even his own brother was there, patting the guy’s shoulder as if he saved the world from an entire fleet of aliens.

Tsk. Traitors, he hissed to himself as he glanced sharply at all of them—especially Krys. He crossed his arms in disdain, finally letting go of Tiffany’s hand which he’s been holding since their last encounter with Siwon.

“Aish,” he murmured.

Tiffany pouted at that. She felt like a little puppy begging for her master’s attention—no, a lost puppy begging for anyone’s attention; she was that desperate for Jesse’s attention.

“Jessiiii, let’s go up deck~~,” she tugged on his forearm, acting even more clingy than usual.

No response.

“Jesssss…” she pinched his nose.

“What?” Jesse replied, clearly annoyed. He grabbed hold of her hand and kept it locked on his as he crossed his arms once more.

Tiffany felt a little happy that he was holding her hand again, but still quite unsatisfied that he still didn’t spare her a fleeting look.

“Yah!”

“What, Tiff?” Still no glance.

She bit her lip in annoyance. That’s the last straw, Jung.

 

“Are you sure you’re not the one who likes him?”

 

The words slipped out before Tiffany could think it through, but frankly, she didn’t care. Hell yeah, she was jealous! She wanted to know. She needed to know.

That question definitely got Jesse’s attention now. His eyes met hers in an instant; his expression clearly stated how flabbergasted he was at the question.

“Well, do you?” the redhead repeated.

“Of course not!” Jesse answered firmly, disgusted even. “How could you keep saying that?”

Tiffany shrugged, a bit relieved at the genuine reaction from him. But still, she couldn’t be sure. She was sure she felt something unusual with Jesse. It just wasn’t simple rivalry hate—it was more like… jealousy?

“Just asking,” she said. “I just feel that you’re jealous.”

“Jealous?!” the boy echoed, followed by an awkward sort of laugh. “Jealous of who? Him?”

“Yes, jealous!” Tiffany stood her ground. “And no, not him, but me! Because he seems to like me! You’re jealous of me, aren’t you, Jung Sooyeon!?”

Jesse looked dumbfounded once more. “My gosh, Miyoung-ah! How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like him?! I am NOT jealous… of you! So stop it with this jealousy theory!”

“So it’s okay if he likes me—”

“Absolutely not!” Jesse was quick to reply, his blood almost reaching boiling point at that one prospect.

“—and if I like him back?”

“HELL NO!”

“But you just said—”

 

“Uh… something wrong here?”

 

The pretend couple halted as they both turned towards the intruder.

“Nothing, Choi,” Jesse answered for both of them, seeing as Tiffany was busy glaring at him for his shouting just a second ago. “Just a bit of lovers’ quarrel… It’s none of your business, of course,” he smiled sarcastically at the older guy.

“Oh?” Siwon was unfazed this time around. He smiled charmingly, “Well, I’m open to talk. I’m also majoring in psychology, too, just so you know.”

“Ah…” the blond Jung acted as if he was the slightest bit interested. “Are you also majoring in being a professional assh—” Tiffany covered his mouth before he could continue.

She forced a smile at Siwon. “We’re fine, Siwon-ssi. Nothing too big. Thank you for your concern.”

“You’re always welcome, Tiffany-ssi,” the boy beamed once more.

Jesse pulled Tiffany’s hand away from his mouth, scoffing. “Always welcome, eh? That’s nice. You’re welcome to leave us alone, Choi—Tiffany pinched his side—but thank you, really. Like what MY girlfriend told you, we’re really fine now,”

He looked at Tiffany and wrapped an arm around her waist. “Right, baby?”

“Right.” Tiffany smiled at him, placing a hand on his cheek. “I just can’t stay mad at you, sweetheart.”

And that wasn’t a lie.

“I’m sorry.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter