3

Accident? More Like Fate [will be rewritten]
Chapter
Three
 
 
 
 

                     

 

Luhan, who had happily stormed down the hill, away from the human, was now stuck in a two and a half hour long tutoring with his uncle that had totally slipped his mind in all the ruckus. Although he tried to concentrate on his uncle’s oh-so-boring tutoring, his mind kept straying back to the human. The human looked so different from the other demons around him. Especially since he didn’t have horns or different colored eyes, they were just… Brown. Brown and enticing, as if Luhan could just lose himself while staring into the deep, beautiful, chocolate pools. Quickly, Luhan shook away any thoughts about the blond and again, tried to focus on the lesson.

“Humans…” Luhan scoffed.

“Luhan, focus. You only have thirty minutes left.”

“Yeah, yeah uncle, I get it. Now would you just hurry up.” Luhan slumped lower in his throne, eyelids barely open as he listened to his uncle drone on and on in his monotone voice.

Once the lesson ended, Luhan sprang from his throne, feeling a sudden rush of adrenaline as he ran to the town towards Baekhyun’s house.

 

The trio finally reached Chanyeol's house, tired and out of breath.

"Chanyeol,” Baekhyun huffed angrily, leaning on his knees, “don’t ever do that.”

“Aw Baek, but that was so much fun! Right Sehunnie?” Chanyeol beamed at the two.

“SEHUNNIE?!” They both yelled in unison.

“When did you ever give him-”

“When in our conversations did I-”

Both boys glared at each other, equally pissed that someone was talking over them.

“You go first.” Baekhyun said bluntly, crossing his arms.

“When in our conversation, did I EVER give you permission to call me that?”

“I thought it was cute! It fits you so well!”

“Cute?! PARK CHANYEOL, DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!” Baekhyun yelled, raising a fist, resulting in Chanyeol shrinking back in fear of getting hit. Once Baekhyun saw the fear in the Giant’s eyes, he unclenched his fist and patted Chanyeol’s head.

“I-I… I’m sorry Yeol.”

“It’s ok Baek.”

Awkwardly, Sehun stood off to the side, not wanting to interrupt anything. Once the two had hugged and made up, they turned to Sehun who was observing an oh-so-very-interesting lamp post. Actually, it was very interesting. The black lamppost was long and curving with the lamp, more like a lantern, dangling off of a hook at the end. The lantern itself was European styled where it gradually got smaller as it went down. The glass was clear and fingerprint free with a bright flame flickering inside, as if it were waving to Sehun. Which is exactly what it was doing.

“I see, you’ve met our lamppost friend.” Chanyeol said, walking over to him.

“Lamppost friend?”

“Yeah! The fire is alive.”

Slowly, Chanyeol opened the lantern, reached in and gently took the flame out. As Sehun looked closer, it reminded him of the little animal named, “Flambo” on the American animated series, “Adventure time.”

"Aw, he's so adorable!" Sehun squealed which earned questioning looks from the other two.

"Um, Sehun, why are you squealing?" Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow.

"Surprised? I'm not that old. I'm only 20 for godsake."

"We're 22! So we are your hyungs!" Chanyeol beamed as he put the fire creature back into the lamp.

"Don't call me hyung unless you want to become a soul."

Suddenly, it was as though the temperature dropped and Sehun shivered when he saw Baekhyun glaring at him.

"Um... Let's go to my house!"

This time, Chanyeol grabbed both Baekhyun and Sehun's hands and pulled them towards the small little house that stood apart from the others.

 

Luhan reached Chanyeol's house and opened the door without knocking and waltzed right on in.

"I, Xiao Luhan, is here!"

The Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked up to find Luhan, hands on hips, chest puffed up, and eyes bright.

"Shhhhhh!" Baekhyun shoved his index finger up to his lips.

"Wha-"

Chanyeol pointed to the couch behind him. On it, lay Sehun, sleeping silently.

"Apparently, it's 9:00 at night in the human world. He says that's the time that he goes to bed." Chanyeol whispered.

"Che, humans are so weak. They have to 'sleep'? I've never slept. I've only heard about it. It's not like it's necessary for me." Luhan pouted and plopped down next to Baekhyun.

"Stop being such a pain Lu."

"But Baek,"

"No 'buts' Lu. He's a human. You're a demon. There are many differences."

"How come you're being so sympathetic for someone you barely know?"

Nervously, Baekhyun fidgeted and glanced at Chanyeol who was just as nervous looking, wiping his sweaty hands on his pants.

"Chanyeol, what's wrong?"

"H-he told me not to tell anyone."

"Baek?"

"I keep my promises."

"You guys ."

Just then, they heard a creak from the couch and they all fell silent as they watched Sehun roll over and face them, eyes still closed, head resting on his arm. Slowly, Chanyeol pushed himself off the ground, grabbed the pillow on which he previously sat on and walked over to Sehun. Ever so carefully, he picked up Sehun's head and slipped the pillow under his head and slowly set it back down. Then, he took the thickest blanket he had and set it carefully over Sehun.

"I can't believe this guy." Luhan scoffed and leaned his head on Baekhyun's shoulder who patted his head. Suddenly, Luhan stood up and headed for the door.

"Lu, what are you doing?" Chanyeol was about to catch Luhan's wrist but then stopped and sat back down.

"C'mon, let's go outside. He can join us when he wakes up."

"We're staying. I don't want to leave him alone."

"He'll be fine! It's not like there are any bad people!"

"Luhan, sit down and just wait. I don't know how long humans sleep but you should wait."

"God Baek, when were you ever nice to someone besides Chanyeol?"

"Just sit down and stop being a pain."

"Me? A pain?! I'm done with you guys."

Luhan was just about to fling open the door and stomp out when he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that said, "don't go home. Your father isn't in a good mood." Sighing, Luhan turned around, walked back, and sat near to the couch, leaning his head against the side, on Sehun's stomach.

"Um Luhan, you know where your head is right?" Baekhyun tried to suppress his laughter. Confused, Luhan nodded and just kept leaning back.

"What are you doing on my stomach?"

Luhan jumped and scrambled to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were too busy laughing.

"Y-you! You're awake! Why?!"

"You're the one who was putting your fat head on my stomach. Did you really expect me to breath like that?" Sehun's brown eyes bore into Luhan's. Just like that, Luhan's heart beat a little faster before calling down.

"Y-yah! Don't look at me like that. I don't want to see your ugly brown eyes." Chanyeol smacked Luhan aside the head.

"You woke me up."

"Are all humans this grumpy upon waking up?"

"Are all demons this arrogant?"

"Me? Arrogant? Hardly."

When Luhan glanced over, Sehun was already flipped over and sleeping, more like fake snoring. Luhan rolled his eyes and grumbled under his breath, "gonna ask my uncle if there is anyway from him to leave when I see him again."

 

After seven more hours of having to be silent because of Sehun, Luhan lost it.

“How much longer is he going to sleep?! We’ve been doing this puzzle forever and it’s starting to piss me off!” Luhan shouted.

“I’m up, I’m up.” Sehun groaned, trying to find his alarm clock, which obviously wasn’t there, and instead hit the top of Luhan’s head.

“Yah! Why are you slapping my head?! That hurts!”

Sehun’s eyes fluttered open and glanced around the room.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot.”

Groaning, Sehun swung his legs over the edge of the couch, nearly missing Luhan’s head and smacked his lips.

“FINALLY. You’re up! Baek, Yeol, let’s go outside!” Luhan rushed to the door but stopped when he didn’t hear footsteps following him.

“AND?” Baekhyun crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently.

“And what Baek?”

Baekhyun cleared his throat and indicated to Sehun who was walking back to the couch like a dejected puppy.

“And you too, human.”

In utter happiness, Sehun sprang from the couch and ran out the door before Luhan had time to get out himself.

“Yah! That’s not fair! Get back here!” Luhan shouted, sprinting after him.

“And Luhan said he didn’t like him. I think not.” Baekhyun laughed, grabbing Chanyeol’s hand and dragged him out the door after the other two.

                    

A/N: Yes! Short and sweet. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!