1

Accident? More Like Fate [will be rewritten]
Chapter
One
 
 
 
 

                     

 

Luhan sat at his throne, head resting on his palm being undeniably bored and couldn't help but yawn. Unfortunately for him, he was the heir to the throne of the Underworld. His father, Lord Death, had many, and high, expectations for him including the rest of his family which just so happened to make him hate it even more. At this point, he was stuck being tutored by his uncle, the Devil. Now, you might imagine the Devil to be this horrid creature with black horns splattered in blood, a voice that sounded like millions of screams and eyes that showed the suffering of millions with red skin. That's not exactly what he looked like. He did have red skin and yellow-orange eyes with the thin, snake-like pupils but he wore rectangular glasses. His voice was commanding and low with nothing of the sort that sounded like a scream. His horns weren't splattered in blood either, they curled like a ram's and unable to stab anything. Really, he didn't like the thought of people dying. It just disgusted him to no end. He always wore a crisp black suit and hated to get it dirty and stood up straight, always making sure his black hair was slicked back. It was unfortunate that Luhan's uncle happened to be the Devil because when his uncle was younger, he never wanted to be but couldn’t be helped and happened anyway.

"See Luhan, you must make sure to count each soul as they come in and log it into the register. You will never run out of spaces to put their names and the date of their death. Just remember to put the number. Your clumsy father miss counted and had to recount every 1,000,000,000,0000,000+ souls until he got the number right. He worked for days on end so don't forget. Counting is a real pain."

"Like counting how many more minutes until this ends? Yup, I understand very well."

"LUHAN."

Just then, a ding indicated that the tutoring session ended and Luhan hopped off of his throne and outside, waving a happy goodbye to his uncle before finding his friends.

"How was Luhan?" Lord Death strode in, book tucked safely under his arm. Lord death isn't your typical god of Death with the black cloak and empty eyes and all. Well... The black cloak is correct but everything else isn't what you may thing. Luhan's father was a messy guy with disheveled whitehair that stuck out everywhere and a pale white face. Only on rare occasions would Lord Death actually bring that god awfully heavy scythe around with him. It was such a burden on him, especially being made out of the most expensive silver, because it was tall too, even taller than him. The blade was thicker than his own waist and sometimes he wonders how the thin handle could hold up that much weight. His eyes were pure white and had a black pupil the the center that made them stand out compared to his eye where the human's eye whites are supposed to be. He was very handsome despite what you may think and he liked to write novels, not count souls so he was happy to hand it over to Luhan.

"He has a very short attention span, like you."

"That's my boy."

"Brother, do not encourage this behavior."

"He's half demon for death's sake. You know demons don't have a large attention span."

"Sometimes I think you are a demon too. You and him have the attention span of a gnat."

"Aye brother, no need to be so harsh on my son."  

"He's going to have to lengthen his attention span if you are going to make him the new Lord Death or else this place will become a wreck."

"If you want it to be so orderly, why don't you do it?"

"I already have to take care of the demons. I don't need a world of souls to control too."

    The Devil walked past his brother and to the kitchen to grab a purple apple that would be poisonous to humans if eaten but would never happen because no human could get to the Underworld unless dead.

Luhan happily skipped out of the throne room and out the large wooden from doors to his friends. It was just suffocating him especially because he would have to occupy that exact spot sometime and sit and just... Count and write. Luhan shuddered at the thought. He would never take his father's spot. It was so boring to SIT. That was the worst nightmare he had ever had. All he was doing was SITTING, not allowed to move or do anything. He'd rather die, but unfortunately for him, he was half demon, half Lord of Dead Stuff, aka Loads of Dead , as happily he called it.

Once he reached the field where he and his friends always met, he found his best friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, laying on the grass counting lightning clouds in the dark sky. It definitely was a beautiful day. The moon was shining and the stars glistened, making it even brighter. Occasionally, there would be a low rumble and lightning would light up the dark clouds, making Baekhyun and Chanyeol laugh.

"Holy dude. That session with my uncle HAD to be the worst."

"You say that everytime." Baekhyun frowned as he pointed out a cloud that looked like a heart and smiled at Chanyeol.

"But this time I'm SERIOUS."

"Said that last time too." Baekhyun sighed, rolling over.

"You're impossible."

"It's my best feature." Luhan just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Giving up on Baek," Luhan mumbled and turned to Chanyeol, "you're lucky you don't have to be the heir to Lord Death."

"That's true. But I'm sure it's not THAT bad."

"You have to sit."

"And?"

"Count."

Chanyeol gasped and covered his ears. The last thing he ever wanted to do was COUNT. He hated it ever since he could talk. It required THINKING and Chanyeol absolutely HATED thinking too hard.

"I feel sorry for ya buddy."

"I know you do."

It wasn't long before Luhan's father had come to their little hill and told him it was time to eat. So he bid farewell to his best friends and followed his father. The walk back was unfortunately long and gave Luhan time to complain to his father.

"Dad, I don't want to become Lord Death.”

"Luhan, we have gone over this MANY times before. I'm not always going to be counting. I have more important things to do instead of counting souls."

"Like writing your fluffy romance novels of that romance you never had with mom?"

"N-nothing of that sort! Don't be silly."

"I've read them dad, don't try and cover it up."

They walked in silence until reached the gigantic palace that was made purely from black onyx that glimmered in the moonlight, casting a white glow on their faces.  When they stepped inside, they were greeted by the dull gray marble floor. The ceiling arched high above their heads and had jagged stones that hung from the ceiling. The main entrance could’ve fit millions upon millions of demons inside of it. A clear glass door to the right of them had the words,Dining Hall etched in black on its smooth surface.

“I’ll go check on dinner ok? Just go sit down.”

“Please tell me it’s not dead chicken souls again dad! I’ve had them so many times!”

“I hope not either. Our cooks can’t seem to find anything else though.”

“Fine, fine, fine,” Luhan grumbled and crossed his arms, stomping into the dining hall as footsteps echoed in the large empty room

                    

A/N: ARGH. Updating from a mobile device is IMPOSSIBLE. All the indents get messed up. Hope you like the first chapter. I'm sorry, I kind of got lazy towards the end. Sometimes Google Docs can be a pain and won't copy indents... UGH.

 ( ̄◇ ̄;)