2

Accident? More Like Fate [will be rewritten]
Chapter
Two
 
 
 
 

                     

 

It was another one of those typical, uneventful days for Oh Sehun. Which is exactly how he liked it. Anything outside of his comfort bubble, which included the following, waking up, eating, going to work at the cafe, returning back home, eating, sleeping, start from the beginning again, was something he would never even consider doing. Although once in a while, his brother, Jongin, tells him he’s not living life to the fullest. To do that, he must break his usual routine which was a gigantic “no-no” in the world of Sehun. In his humble opinion, at least he’s living and not almost dying. Jongin would always slap him in the back of the head and tell him to stop being anti-social.

 

Sehun had said goodbye to his manager, Wu Yifan, with a curt nod before pushing open the clean glass door, with a little ding from the bell above it, and stepped into the warm autumn air. Outside, there was a slight breeze blowing scattered leaves to one side of the pavement before blowing them all right back where they came from. It seemed all normal at first but Sehun couldn’t get rid of a feeling, deep in the pit of his stomach, that something was off. At first glance, there was nothing wrong with the strip of shops that the cafe was located. That was until he heard someone speaking… More like chanting something odd. The voice got louder as Sehun approached a dank and murky alleyway. Although knowing this broke his regular routine, he kept walking, as though he didn’t have any control over his legs. As he reached the crack between the cafe and the candle shop next to it, he noticed a figure hunched over something that had required candles. He tentatively stepped closer to the stranger, trying to peer over his shoulder at what he was doing. Something inside Sehun’s stomach lurched as the stranger turned around and looked at him, a wide smile, that definitely wasn’t warm, stretching across his face. The stranger’s teeth were yellow and rotted with a couple cavities and his face was thick with grime and oil. His eyes glinted maliciously as he grabbed Sehun’s arm and pulled the younger to the front of him. Sehun yelped as he was tossed to the ground, very close to knocking over a candle with his clumsy feet. After that, there was no time to yell out for help when a bright flash blinded Sehun and all he caught was that same disturbing smile cross the stranger’s face before he out.

Luhan was in the middle of yet another absolutely boring tutoring session with his uncle when there was a bright flash, momentarily blinding the two. Once the white light disappeared, his uncle glanced down at his wrist and sighed. The pentagram mark was glowing again which meant that some idiot human was summoning him again.

 

“You’re off the hook today Luhan-”

“Yipee!” Luhan jumped off his throne and was about to run out when his uncle caught him by his collar.

“I wasn’t done yet.”

“But uncle~”

“Tomorrow, you will have an extra 30 minutes of tutoring since you’re missing the rest today.”

“But-”

“No buts Luhan. You will have a two and a half hours tomorrow. That’s final.”

“God uncle you are so mean.”

“I’m the Devil. Of course I am,” his uncle smirked and pushed Luhan forward, urging him to leave.

“You’re really annoying too.”

“Just leave already Luhan. Unless you want to hear someone screaming.” Luhan cringed at the thought of hearing someone’s obnoxious scream ringing in his ears for the rest of the day.

“Ah, I’m going. You don’t need to tell me twice.”

 

When Sehun finally awoke, he didn’t have any clue as to where he was. It wasn’t his apartment, or the park near his house, nor was it the cafe. All he knew was that he was lying on grass that poked through his clothes. Looking around, he tried to get a sense of where he was and how he could get back home but was unable to think up of a place that he knew that was just an open field. As he looked around more, he realized that there were flowers surrounding him. Not just any regular flower he had ever seen. These flowers moved not because of the wind, for there wasn’t any, but they moved literally. Their leaves moved as if they were talking and on the edges of the pink and white petals, jagged teeth stuck up. Exactly then did Sehun realize, the grass wasn’t poking through his clothes. It was the pink flowers that were biting him. Quickly, he jumped up and brushed himself off, making sure that there weren’t any flowers stuck to him.

This is a REALLY weird place… I have to be dreaming… Flowers definitely DO NOT bite the last time I checked. A dream… That seems logical enough right? Yeah! While Sehun was busy trying to figure out why the flowers were biting, he was oblivious to the person approaching him hesitantly.

“Um… Hello?”

Sehun whipped around, arms flailing and almost hitting the person in the face. Glancing up, Sehun’s eyes were met with someone so much different from himself. The boy had jet black hair that sat messily atop his head. The feature that Sehun found most intriguing was the boy’s eyes. They were large and questioning but that wasn’t it. No, it was the color. His left eye was red while the other was a warm yellow color with a snake-like pupil down the middle. Sticking out on each side of his head were two medium sized black horns with speckles of white and its sharp ends pointing upwards. His face was actually small and feminine despite the horns on his head and his voice didn’t help the look either. At this point, Sehun was ecstatic to see someone who was at least human-like in front of him after coming to the conclusion he was in a dream.

“Oh my gosh someone else, thank god.”

“Are you… Ok?”

“Where am I? Wait nevermind who are you?” The boy pointed to himself, bewildered.

“Who am I?”

“Yes, who are you? I just asked that. No need to repeat me.”“I should be asking you that question.”

“Fine. Since you are obviously the stubborn type.”

“Wha- Me? I’m-”

“My name is Oh Sehun, 20,” the boy frowned, obviously unhappy to be cut off.

“And what are you exactly?” the boy walked around Sehun, inspecting him closely, “it’s obvious you don’t have any horns. So you can’t possibly be a demon. And you aren’t floating and see through like a soul.”

“I’m… I’m human. I’m a normal human,” the boy stared at him, astonished.

“Back up a minute.”

“What?”

“Please repeat yourself. I don’t think we are on the same page here.”

“I’m… Oh Sehun, 20 years old, human.”

“Oh my god.” the boy muttered to himself, unconsciously running his fingers through his already messy hair and paced back and forth.

“What?”

“It's dead. It's as good as dead. That means that it's alive? Right, right. Not normal. It's definitely NOT a soul,” the boy stopped his pacing and chopped Sehun’s shoulder making a slight bruise.

“Yah! What was that for!?” The boy just ignored him and started pacing again.

“I don’t think he’ll be nice enough to send it back… Maybe if I… No, I should know this.”

Sehun clenched his fists and grabbed the boy’s shoulders, forcing him to look directly into his eyes.

“WHO ARE YOU? What are you talking about?”

“Ah, ouch! That really hurts you know.” Sehun narrowed his eyes and let go.

“Answer my questions, NOW.”

“God you’re persistent. If you want to know so badly, I’ll tell you,” the boy took a deep breath before continuing, “My name is Xiao Luhan, son of Lord Death-”

“Hold up. Son of WHO?”

“Are you human’s really this stupid? I can’t believe you’re the dominant race up there.”

“Just,” Sehun was a hair width away from punching the shorter, “just please answer my questions without attitude.” Luhan growled and opened his mouth but was cut short when he heard his name being called.

Oh thank god. Great timing Baek. I didn’t want to continue this conversing with this idiot.

"Luhan!"

Baekhyun reached were Luhan and Sehun were standing and rested his hands on his knees, breathing hard. Not too long after, Chanyeol caught up, scolding Baekhyun for running ahead.

"Well excuse me Park Yeolchan."

"Stop calling me that! It's Park Chanyeol!"

"I'm just teasing you, Giant."

It took a few seconds before they realized what was going on and when they did it was a mess of mumbles and pointing.

"Who? You? Luhan? What?" Baekhyun's mouth gaped open which earned a punch from Chanyeol.

"Baek, that's rude."

"Just shut it you two." Luhan growled, putting his thumb and index finger on his nose, squeezing his eyes shut with frustration. Both boys shut their mouths and didn't say anything after that. Sehun stared at the newcomers, still trying to grasp what was going on but it was basically like throwing an egg at a glass wall and expecting it to go through. The shorter, Sehun guessed, had the nickname of "Baek" and was relatively short compared to the one next to him. "Baek" had somewhat straight, short purple hair that was spiked up in the front and horns like Luhan's but completely white and facing downwards. His eyes were lined with eyeliner and each iris was dark purple on the top and a bright green that blended perfectly together on the bottom. Though, he had crescent moon pupils that had the circular edge facing down.

Park Chanyeol, as Sehun caught earlier, was a tall boy with straight brown hair and large ears that stuck out awkwardly. Even though he was taller, he wasn't as intimidating as "Baek" and had an innocently look around him, especially with his softer colored eyes. They were much larger than "Baek's" and didn't have as much eyeliner and inside, they were a light blue on the top half and a soft, warm yellow on the bottom half. Sticking out of his head were two straight horns that pointed up and were a grayish blue color.

"You," Sehun pointed a finger towards Chanyeol who pointed at himself in surprise, "you are Park Chanyeol?"

"Y-yeah. Why?"

"No reason. And you," Sehun pointed to the shorter who just rolled his eyes, "are you called Baek?"

"I'd rather you'd call me Baekhyun. We aren't friends." The shorter said bluntly.

"Guys shut up," Luhan turned to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who shrank under his intense glare, "if it wants to live, it's not coming with me."

"I can't take it." Baekhyun vigorously shook his head, crossing his arms.

"Well were else will it go? It can't stay with me because one, it's really annoying so far and two, my father is Lord Death AND he's a human. That's out of the question."

"I think-"

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt your little... Meeting. But I would rather you not refer to me as 'it' because I'm not some kind of animal." Sehun cut off Chanyeol's thoughts receiving a glare from Baekhyun.

"I think HE could stay with me. I mean, my parents are out 24/7 and it's not like they care if I have a human, soul, or whatever over." Chanyeol smiled as he enunciated "he."

"Good God. See, he's a pain already since we now have to cover for him." Luhan grumbled, shouldering past Baekhyun and back down the hill towards the large place he called home.

"Yay! C'mon human! Let's go!"

Chanyeol yanked Sehun by the hand and dragged him down the hill towards the little town that was barely visible from the hill. Just briefly did Sehun hear Baekhyun scoff and mumble something along the lines of, "don't you dare make a move on MY Chanyeol," before being whisked away by the giant with the shorter trailing behind.

                    

A/N: I tried to make this a bit longer than last time!