Flashing Lights

Flashing Lights

"Anneli, Can you please take our photo?" Lily  yelled at me as she shoved her camera in my face, I gritted through my teeth - this was the twenty or so photo I had taken in the same spot with my friends. I didn't understand why they thought posing in different positions was going to make a difference on the picture. I took the camera in hand and held it up, "ready?" I asked, as I steadied my hand so the picture didn't come out blurry, "GO" I heard Bee yell. "Say, I look stupid!" I yelled back, as I started to snap pictures of them all. I laughed, as they started to move around each other posing in different ways, "Maybe, you two should be models?" I mumbled to myself and shook my head, as I finished and removed the camera from my face. "Done"  I said, simply. 

I watched as Lily ran towards me taking her camera from my hands, "How is it you always take good pictures and mine end up like crap?" she asked, smiling. "That could be because I took photography class and actually paid attention" I said, poking my tongue out at her afterwards. 
We soon found ourselves standing infront of the Eiffel tower, I looked up at the tall tower. "wouldn't want to fall off that" I said, only to be nudged by Bee, "Not funny" she grunted at me. I rolled my eyes and took in the beauty of the Tower, "See, why can't we do more of this stuff? actually looking at stuff that has history" I said to my two best friends, who were starting to walk towards it. "Look at that guy" I heard Lily say to Bee and giggle. "For sake" I said, running my hands down my face. "I'm going to put you two in a cage soon, it's like you're trying to set yourself up for heartache" I said to the both of them but they didn't pay attention. We had been here for three days, our first holiday together and for some reason I felt like the odd one out. They were all about the men, men, men - as for me? I was more interested in other things, fashion, culture, history, food not this male crap so much for girls holiday, right? 

I walked past the two and stood at the entrance of the Eiffel tower, wondering if I could actually go up or not. I may have a slight fear of heights, I felt someone put their arm around my shoulder, "We don't have to go up, We know you don't like heights, babe" I heard Bee say and pat my shoulder. Lily's hand wrapped around my side and rested her head on my shoulder, "See, we do care" she said, nudging her chin on my shoulder, which caused me to laugh. "You think this is going to get you out of trouble?" I asked, as I pulled my arms around the both of them, pulling them close. "It's not" I said, laughing. I soon heard my phone ringing, "Turn off your phone" Bee told me, I looked at her and smiled in apologetic way, quickly taking my phone from my pocket. "It's work" I said, as I walked away from them both and answered the phone, knowing too well James wanted something from me.


"Hello, Anneli speaking" I answered

"Anneli, I'm so sorry to ring you when you're on holiday but I need a favor" James said, almost sincerely. 

"And that is?" I asked

"Paris Fashion Week is starting tomorrow and I need you to go and deliver something for me" He paused, "I need you to go to our Paris office and print pictures of the sample garment, make up and hair designs for the staff, Yes I know it should have already been done and I know you're going to ask why can't someone else do it but my plane got delayed" He was starting to panic, which caused me to let out a sigh. 

"PLEASE" He finally said to me, after I was quiet for so long

"I better get paid for this" I said to him, as I took out my notebook and started to write everything down. "I don't understand how this all went to , I had sorted this all out before I had gone on holiday and given it to Nadia to make sure it was processed" I told him, as I looked around at my surroundings as I spoke to him.

"Nadia doesn't work here anymore due to her slack behavior" He scowled down the phone, "I should have listened to you about her but no" He said, sighing. 

"That's what happens when you sleep with someone, James. They think they can get away with everything" I said, stopping myself from saying I told you so. Seriously, what a idiot sleeping with the new intern. I rolled my eyes to myself and looked at the my phone wish I could see his face and how stupid he looked.

"I know, I know Anni" He grunted, "So you will do this for me? I will be arriving late tomorrow for the launch, I seriously don't understand why you had to take time off during Paris fashion week" James whined which cause me to laugh a little. 

"You stress out too much during this time and I haven't taken a holiday in over two years, I think it was well due, don't you? And Yes I will do this, but don't you keep ringing me once you arrive. I actually want to have time to myself. Now email me all the details and I will get on to it and for this you will get me and the girls into one of the shows or after parties so they don't get on my back. Ring me when you arrive" I said then hung up before he could reply to me.

I sighed, why was being a secretary to one of the major fashion producers in the states so hard, I should have thought about being a truck driver or photographer? I thought to myself as I turned around and seeing my two best friends with their arms crossed and glaring, "Don't look at me like that"  I said, as I walked past the both of them. "Your first holiday in two years and you're doing work?" Bee yelled, I rolled my eyes and continued to walk. "Only today and did you think about how I could easily get you into a couple of the shows?" I asked, stopping and turning around to face them, "Male models? Wine? Famous people? Are you not interested in that?" I asked, raising a eyebrow. Lily launched herself at me, "You know how much I love you don't you?" She said, fluttering her eyelashes at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

 

So there is the first chapter, let's see how I go for the next one. As you can tell I was inspired by the many instragram photo's youngbae and GD have been posting in Paris Fashion Week. Nomnomnom. Have a lovely day x