[18] Time to Listen

I Know The Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[18] Time to Listen

“One more thing you should know.”

“What is it?” Eunjung loosen her hug but still wrapping her arms around Jiyoon.

Jiyoon looks at Eunjung seriously.

“I’m poker face.”

Eunjung’s mouth now really agapes widely. She could feel her heart beat stops for a while. Her brain still processing what did Jiyoon say earlier. She feels nervous that makes her wants to vomit. The more her brain process the sentence, the more she is getting confused. Eunjung straightened her body. Jiyoon could feel the atmosphere is getting more serious now. She wants to talk something but she holds it. Eunjung still needs time to process it. Somehow, is really dry even she gulps many times. She takes her wine in one sip.

The suit is getting more quiet now. None of them talk. The only sound is the soft breeze of the air con.

Jiyoon could see Eunjung’s cold sweat through the dim light and she feels sorry for her. She knows exactly she shouldn’t hide it from her since the first time they talked. She really knows exactly about that. The confidence and brave Jiyoon suddenly just fades away when it comes to talk about Poker face. She decides to admit it since she knows now or later, Eunjung will know too. Whether it’s from Soyeon or Kim Yoojin. She knows Yoojin will talk honestly if Qri is the one who asks her. Jiyoon chooses her own path. Admit it before others tell Eunjung about it.

“What do you mean?” Eunjung finally snaps back to earth and gaining back her strength. Her voice is trembling as well as her body. She really tries hard to speak. “What do you mean you are poker face? It means you are the one who text me before? Why didn’t you admit it before? Why didn’t you say it to me? Why??” Eunjung almost cries. She release herself from Jiyoon’s hug.

“I can’t answer all your questions. What I know is I don’t have a brave to tell you before. I don’t know how to talk to you. What should I say? ‘Hello, I’m Heo Jiyoon as known as Poker face?’. I just can’t admit it before. Now, you already remember about me then it’s my time to tell you the truth. I didn’t mean to hide it from you before.” Jiyoon says nervously while looking straight into Eunjung’s eyes. She is being honest though. It’s not an easy thing to admit that you are the one who protect someone behind the scene.

“Didn’t mean to hide it from me? For pete’s shake, it’s almost half and a year, Heo Jiyoon!” Eunjung’s voice is cracking from holding her tears. She just doesn’t understand why Jiyoon hide it from her.

“You didn’t remember me before, right? I don’t know how to talk to you. Plus mmm, I want to give you surprise that the little girl you saved before has grown up and complete. That’s why I give you some hints when we are texting. I even use the same sentence to talk to you. But seems that you didn’t aware about it. I’m sorry, Eunjung-ssi.” This time, Jiyoon lowered her head, not dare lock her eyes with Eunjung’s teary eyes.

Eunjung remains silent for a while. She tried to understand Jiyoon’s position. What if she were Jiyoon? Will she do the same thing? Eunjung is a warm hearted person. She isn’t the type who just blame everything on someone. Heo Jiyoon that she knows won’t just say sorry if she doesn’t really mean it. She is a high pride person. With that apologize, Eunjung knows that Jiyoon doesn’t mean did that things to her.

“Well, I can’t say I could fully understand you since I weren’t you. But I trust you. Why did you do that to me anyway?” Eunjung smiles sincerely. This is the little girl that I saved before. I really can’t believe she is still alive plus she saved me too. I never thought she will appear in front on me again. Those eyes, it’s really her.

“Because I know you.” Jiyoon looks at Eunjung with you don’t know that look.

Eunjung huffed in disbelieve. “Huh, I don’t think so.”

“Then?”

“I ask you first, Sajangnim. Didn’t I should be the one who get the answer?”

“Then that’s my answer. Because I know you. Call me by my name, please. I’m not a sajangnim when only both of us.”

Eunjung a bit surprise. “Only both of us?”

“Mmm, you know,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter